Comments

Musicvid wrote on 8/30/2022, 2:36 PM

Experiment with the Secondary Color Corrector fx.

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/30/2022, 2:54 PM

Very easy to achieve in Vegas also. As Musicvid recommend, using the Secondary Color Corrector is one option.

Many plugins also has filters to do this: Boris Continuum, Magic Bullet Looks, FXHome Ignite, 3dLut creator just to name a few.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/30/2022, 2:57 PM

This is what i am dealing with

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/30/2022, 3:22 PM

Are you saying that I can make all the brown grass green in this screen shot of the video with these plug ins? Thank you.

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/30/2022, 3:57 PM

Here are two samples that i used the secondary color corrector to manipulate in 1 minute.

One makes your brown grass green and the other turns your green grass into another color if you wanted to. Needs a little more fine tuning, but you get the picture.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/30/2022, 4:16 PM

Correct, I got that far but how do you fine tune it for just the grass and not on that house or the neighbors, thank you very much.

RogerS wrote on 8/30/2022, 7:21 PM

Perhaps share a screenshot of where you are stuck with on color corrector secondary- you can set the range of colors yourself.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

Musicvid wrote on 8/30/2022, 7:44 PM

A masking tool, like Colorfast 2, might suit you better for this project. It is a paid solution.

john_dennis wrote on 8/30/2022, 8:30 PM

@Kimberly-Durecki

Ever the contrarian, I usually go quite far down the road with multiple Color Curves.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/30/2022, 8:31 PM

Perhaps share a screenshot of where you are stuck with on color corrector secondary- you can set the range of colors yourself.

Here is a before screen shot, here is a after screen shot, this is a moving video ( drone) starting at the front of the property and moving forward and flying over the home, how do I get the green off of the house ( bricks at the bottom of photo) and how do I fill in the still brown spots on the grass? That is where I am stuck at. Thanks.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/30/2022, 8:46 PM

@Kimberly-Durecki

Ever the contrarian, I usually go quite far down the road with multiple Color Curves.

Hi,

I did exactly at you did in the screen shot but it did not cover the entire grass with green. The client wants a grass to cover the brown in the video. Is that even possible? I learn by watching vidoes and have not found one yet that shows step by step for me as this would be the first time for me even trying to do something like this. Here is a video clip of this home.

Here is a before screen shot, here is a after screen shot, this is a moving video ( drone) starting at the front of the property and moving forward and flying over the home, how do I get the green off of the house ( bricks at the bottom of photo) and how do I fill in the still brown spots on the grass? That is where I am stuck at. Thanks.

Musicvid wrote on 8/30/2022, 9:41 PM

If you are that far along with it using your own means, I suggest you stick with it and ignore the tint in the bricks. It's good enough.

Grazie wrote on 8/31/2022, 1:28 AM

Yeah, well, this is a Drone shoot, so as you rise upwards the Green flecking in the Brickwork will become an irritation as the angles will be constantly changing.

OK, I've tried 2nd CC which limits the masking. I tried Colorfast2, but the masking based on Tint/Hue is still not accurate enough, meaning still Brickwork Bleed.

Truthfully, you've got a Perfect storm of the combination of Tones that are very similar or the same and movement from the Drone working against you.

So, what's left? Most likely Roto with MochaPro to get a variable Mask.

Last changed by Grazie on 8/31/2022, 1:30 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Former user wrote on 8/31/2022, 4:34 AM

I had a go also, did not bother with color/luminace matching, or trying for realistic grass for the test, I was more interested in how the houses would fair, they both have a cast. Like @Grazie said, probably do have to mask. My recollection is that you have mocha, but don't want to learn how to use it. It seems like you have a need for it all the time and you'd get a lot of use out of it.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 9:56 AM

I had a go also, did not bother with color/luminace matching, or trying for realistic grass for the test, I was more interested in how the houses would fair, they both have a cast. Like @Grazie said, probably do have to mask. My recollection is that you have mocha, but don't want to learn how to use it. It seems like you have a need for it all the time and you'd get a lot of use out of it.

Yes, I have Mocha and purchased the program a few years back to do overlays on property. Only used it a few times and find it VERY CONFUSING. Like I mentioned, I am one to learn by watching. I watch videos to learn how to do everything new. I have to go step by step and see the process for it to click lol I just dont have the time to learn mocha. Since this grass is in most of the shots in my drone video, I would need to do it to all the clips also :(

Hopefully I can find some videos on how to do this with mocha. Thank you so much for your time. Kim

Musicvid wrote on 8/31/2022, 2:01 PM

@Grazie

Truthfully, you've got a Perfect storm of the combination of Tones that are very similar or the same and movement from the Drone working against you.

That sums it up perfectly, thank you!

The solution for not knowing which imperfect outcome is really OK, is to make a few tries using various tools, and trust they are the best they can be. Then, @Kimberly-Durecki, put them down, don't even look at them for a few days (longer if you can afford the time), and when you return to them the winner will pop out like magic!

Warning! Projects like this cause OCD.

Grazie wrote on 8/31/2022, 2:41 PM

@Musicvid - And yes, there's another Vector here: Climate Change and Brown Grass impinge on saleability. Very soon young'uns will be asking, "What's Green Grass, Gramps?"

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 3:01 PM

@Grazie

The solution for not knowing which imperfect outcome is really OK, is to make a few tries using various tools, and trust they are the best they can be. Then, @Kimberly-Durecki, put them down, don't even look at them for a few days (longer if you can afford the time), and when you return to them the winner will pop out like magic!

Warning! Projects like this cause OCD.

LOL that is the problem I am OCD and cant stop until I find the answer, I am not good at waiting or putting it down and checking back in a few days. If a client asks I work night and day to find an answer. My solution for this video is to tell the client to water their lawn and we will come back in a couple weeks LOL-

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 3:03 PM

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 3:08 PM

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 3:09 PM

Can I ask how did you get all the grass to look this way @todd-b? Did you just use Color Correction (secondary), if so what were the levels you used in the FX, could you take a screen shot of it so I can copy those levels to try myself, I would really appreciate it, or even a video of how you did it would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for any help, yours looks great and I would like to replicate it.

Former user wrote on 8/31/2022, 5:44 PM

That's color warper in Davinci Resolve, it's in the free version as far as I know. If you want to try it have a look at a tutorial and note how to change hues without changing saturation to get grass looking more natural.

From what I can tell it works similar to Colorfast2 (I don't have it) , but color warper allows better 'definition' on the colors you select. It actually would be possible to change the color of parts of the grass without affecting the color of the houses, but will get very cumbersome. When changing the range to what is more suited for selecting a whole patch of grass the house is then affected. That's where masking would be necessary.

If you're not familiar with resolve it would be best to go to load video on timeline, go straight to color page and color warper, make the color adjustments , render and return to Vegas, treating it as a plugin of sorts and limiting any confusion by attempting to use it for anything else

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 7:25 PM

That's color warper in Davinci Resolve, it's in the free version as far as I know. If you want to try it have a look at a tutorial and note how to change hues without changing saturation to get grass looking more natural.

From what I can tell it works similar to Colorfast2 (I don't have it) , but color warper allows better 'definition' on the colors you select. It actually would be possible to change the color of parts of the grass without affecting the color of the houses, but will get very cumbersome. When changing the range to what is more suited for selecting a whole patch of grass the house is then affected. That's where masking would be necessary.

If you're not familiar with resolve it would be best to go to load video on timeline, go straight to color page and color warper, make the color adjustments , render and return to Vegas, treating it as a plugin of sorts and limiting any confusion by attempting to use it for anything else

I downloaded the free version and I am stuck at the simple part. The video clip is imported, how is the world do I get to the colors and saturation etc. I have chosen every button and find nothing lol. How do I get to the color page? Thank you lol

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 8/31/2022, 8:17 PM

I downloaded the free version and I am stuck at the simple part. The video clip is imported, how is the world do I get to the colors and saturation etc. I have chosen every button and find nothing lol. How do I get to the color page? Thank you lol

Oh gees, I had it at full screen and the bottom was covered by my pc toolbar--- DUHHHHH How do I choose just the brown grass to colorize? Thank you.