Dear, Product owner, it's time to talk

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 3:54 PM

Dear Product owner, I really appreciate what you are doing and what is trying to save Vegas at all costs that are communicating with us. But it's time to talk. Vegas 14 carries more contradictions than innovation, and many of us have lost hope. We understand that Vegas had a hard time lately. But so far it is not clear what kind of future awaits Vegas, and where it will go further. I think it's time to be very honest with us if Vegas is not possible to further modernize, maybe it's worth start it all over again. Discard all the old and focus only on the essentials. How it was the case with Final Cut X. And in the 14 version, we will forgive many mistakes, absolutely sure that in 15 version will be no mercy. It might be worth to Tell us what are your plans for the future? Maybe you show us a list of what plan to do in the near future?

Do not consider a lack of respect and arrogance, we just love Vegas and are very worried about this situation.

I hope it will not be as in Sony, complete silence and lack of communication. Thank you! With Respect

Comments

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 9/23/2016, 4:08 PM

Please keep the following in mind:    https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/community-rules/

9. Names

Publishing or mentioning the names of MAGIX employees in your posts is not permitted.

Thank you for your understanding. 

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 4:16 PM

Please keep the following in mind:    https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/community-rules/

9. Names

Publishing or mentioning the names of MAGIX employees in your posts is not permitted.

Fixed. This is a mere formality, we all know who is at the origins of Vegas, so I would like to know the opinion of this particular person. Thank you Eric

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 4:24 PM

Gary has made some clarifications here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-few-clarifications--103723/

This is not what I'm talking about. We are talking about the future of Vegas. Discounts and special offers have no meaning if the product is not itself looks attractive and modern.

winrockpost wrote on 9/23/2016, 4:41 PM

names...really ! give me a break, what do we say ,that guy who posted in post#..geeze

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 4:44 PM

names...really ! give me a break, what do we say ,that guy who posted in post#..geeze

Excuse my English, he is far from perfect :) I have done something wrong?

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:02 PM

Glovercover said: "Fixed. This is a mere formality, we all know who is at the origins of Vegas, so I would like to know the opinion of this particular person. Thank you (name redacted from quote)"

Oops. In replying that he fixed the name reference in his original post, Glovercover mentioned a MAGIX employee name -- again ;-)

Do you really think that this is important and it is worth spending the time? :)) 

I raised the topic that deserves more attention!

Spectralis wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:07 PM

It's not like a forum name can idenifty anyone in any meaningful way. But it seems ok for our names to be quoted but not employees. What a bizarre rule and, as you say, completely impractical. At least automate it Magix by inserting stars every time one of us types or quotes an employees name.

Eagle Six wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:11 PM

9. Names

Hi Eric D,

I'm confused, please clarify.  It is quite common on the many forums I participate in to reference a member ID name (screen name/user name) such as yours as 'MAGIX Eric_D', or in short form a part of that as 'Eric'.  Is this not permissible?  I did check your profile and you are listed as a Magix employee.  If I am in violation of the name rule, please accept my apology.

On the other hand, if the name rule would include the last name of an employee name or an employee who does is not a member in this forum, this may be understandable.

Can you please explain again.  If you say 'no name or part of names, user id or not, ever of a Magix employee' I will get it.  Thank You......

Respectfully.......George

Last changed by Eagle Six on 9/23/2016, 5:12 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

System Specs......
Corsair Obsidian Series 450D ATX Mid Tower
Asus X99-A II LGA 2011-v3, Intel X99 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.1/3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6800K 15M Broadwell-E, 6 core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 (overclocked 20%)
64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 8GB Video Card
Corsair RMx Series RM750X 740W 80 Plus Gold power pack
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 boot drive
Corsair Neutron XT 2.5 480GB SATA III SSD - video work drive
Western Digitial 1TB 7200 RPM SATA - video work drive
Western Digital Black 6TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Bb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 data drive

Bluray Disc burner drive
2x 1080p monitors
Microsoft Window 10 Pro
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 pb2
SVP13, MVP15, MVP16, SMSP13, MVMS15, MVMSP15, MVMSP16

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:22 PM

As a clarification:  Yes, please do refer to forum names when someone has participated in a discussion.  In Gary's case his forum name is his real name, and this is intentional, so its fine when referring to specific posts.

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:27 PM

I hope he will talk to us!

Eagle Six wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:33 PM

As a clarification:  Yes, please do refer to forum names when someone has participated in a discussion.  In Gary's case his forum name is his real name, and this is intentional, so its fine when referring to specific posts.

Thank You Eric.  Apparently I have missed a post when the member posting was in violation and I thought it was do to DeadRadioStar putting 'Gary' in his post on the 1st reply to this thread.  And, my apology to glovercover, for going way off topic.

Best Regards.......George

PS......this is not a smart remark......my name is George Dean and any member may use it and I'm not a moderator or employee, just a member who is trying to remain loyal to Vegas Pro and having a hard time understanding the roll-out process, the pricing structure, and the value of benefit of Vegas Pro 14.

System Specs......
Corsair Obsidian Series 450D ATX Mid Tower
Asus X99-A II LGA 2011-v3, Intel X99 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.1/3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6800K 15M Broadwell-E, 6 core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 (overclocked 20%)
64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 8GB Video Card
Corsair RMx Series RM750X 740W 80 Plus Gold power pack
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 boot drive
Corsair Neutron XT 2.5 480GB SATA III SSD - video work drive
Western Digitial 1TB 7200 RPM SATA - video work drive
Western Digital Black 6TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Bb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 data drive

Bluray Disc burner drive
2x 1080p monitors
Microsoft Window 10 Pro
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 pb2
SVP13, MVP15, MVP16, SMSP13, MVMS15, MVMSP15, MVMSP16

Former user wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:36 PM

Sorry OP, I've deleted my previous comment. I didn't mean to hijack the thread or to sound flippant. Your comments /questions in the OP are worthy of discussion. I've been using Vegas professionally since version 3. I haven't always upgraded because I didn't see the added value of a particular upgrade. As for VP14 -- I will probably just stick with VP12, as it is a perfect match for my use.

Musicvid wrote on 9/23/2016, 5:59 PM

glovercover    Member since 08/23/2016

It may be your use of the English language, but using "we" or "us" instead of the correct "I" or "me" when sharing feelings or opinions comes across as terribly narcicisstic and naive, even if you had been a member for more than a month. and you don't sound like anyone I knew on the old SCS pages.

Please don't speak for others, because I have no idea who you are, and I have my own voice; if someone agrees with you, someone will be sure to let you know, does that sound reasonable?

There is an old English saying, "You will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," which I sometimes forget myself.

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will have lots of things to share . . .

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 6:15 PM

Member since 08/23/2016

It may be your use of the English language, but using "we" or "us" instead of the correct "I" or "me" when sharing feelings or opinions comes across as terribly narcicisstic and naive, even if you had been a member for more than a month. and you don't sound like anyone I knew on the old SCS pages.

Please don't speak for others, because I have no idea who you are; if someone agrees with you, someone will be sure to let you know, sound reasonable?

OK. All that I have written, this is just my opinion (sorry my mistake)! That is, if I have recently joined a forum that does not give me the right to express my opinion? You can be 10 years a member of this forum, it gives you some kind of special privileges? And my question was addressed to the product owner.

Musicvid wrote on 9/23/2016, 6:33 PM

That is, if I have recently joined a forum that does not give me the right to express my opinion?

Yes, you have the right and are encouraged to share "your" opinion. We call that writing "first person singular," look it up. 

You have no right and no entitlement to tell other people what "our" opinion is, because you have no knowledge of what "my" or "whoever's" opinion is with the possible exception of yourself.  And please do not pretend to misunderstand, because you know exactly what I am talking about.

You can be 10 years a member of this forum, it gives you some kind of special privileges? And my question was addressed to the product owner.

Yes. Being a member for fourteen years gives me the special privilege not to have YOUR words placed in MY mouth, or to allow being misrepresented or misquoted in any way at any time. I would never address the product owner in the manner and tone you have, and I will take sole responsibility for the way I address other people, including you.

Now I must make my suggestion to you stronger. Out of simple respect, please do not pretend to speak for me or on my behalf, ever again. I don't work for you, I am not "we" and I am not "us." That is inappropriate.

glovercover wrote on 9/23/2016, 6:45 PM

That is, if I have recently joined a forum that does not give me the right to express my opinion?

Yes, you have the right and are encouraged to share "your" opinion. We call that "first person singular," look it up. 

You have no right and no entitlement to tell other people what "our" opinion is, because you have no knowledge of what my or anyone's opinion is with the possible exception of yourself.  And please do not pretend to misunderstand, because you know exactly what I am talking about.

Now I must make my suggestion to you stronger. Out of simple respect, please do not pretend to speak for me or on my behalf, ever again. That is inappropriate.

Every day I meet people who live in the comfort in their small world. Who do not want to change or anything, they were always happy with everything. And I'm happy for them. Is one of these things that I have written, you just saw some reservations and inaccuracies.  Now that we have all made it clear, I beg you not to do not abuse this topic.

Musicvid wrote on 9/23/2016, 7:20 PM

Here is an example of appropriately constructed post that would not even get noticed by me, living in my small, comfortable world as I do:

"Dear Product owner, I really appreciate what you are doing and what is trying to save Vegas at all costs that are communicating with me. But it's time to talk. Vegas 14 carries more contradictions than innovation, and I have lost hope. I understand that Vegas had a hard time lately. But so far it is not clear what kind of future awaits Vegas, and where it will go further. I think it's time to be very honest with me if Vegas is not possible to further modernize, maybe it's worth start it all over again. Discard all the old and focus only on the essentials.How it was the case with Final Cut X. And in the 14 version, I will forgive many mistakes, absolutely sure that in 15 version will be no mercy. It might be worth to Tell me what are your plans for the future? Maybe you show me a list of what plan to do in the near future?

Do not consider a lack of respect and arrogance, I just love Vegas and are very worried about this situation."

No arrogance there, I agree.

Yes, I am a teacher. With that, you may consider your thread back on topic, and devoid of any abuse, on my part, that is. Hope you find what you are looking for. 

glovercover wrote on 9/24/2016, 7:04 AM

No matter how the situation will develop always. I will find what I was looking for! 

And i still waiting for answers! 

Musicvid wrote on 9/24/2016, 12:17 PM

And "we" wish you luck in your search 😉😉

PeterWright wrote on 9/24/2016, 9:20 PM

No matter how the situation will develop always. I will find what I was looking for! 

And i still waiting for answers! 

If you sincerely want answers, how about asking a question?   All you seem to do is keep making vague nebulous comments about "modernizing" - what are you referring to?  The way Vegas looks or the way it functions? - if it's the latter how about listing what changes you want.     As I said, if you want decent answers, ask a decent question.

Serena Steuart wrote on 9/24/2016, 10:16 PM

Most software that has been developed and enhanced over many years eventually becomes very difficult to debug as further capabilities are added. At some point the best option is a complete re-design of the software, as apple did with Final Cut; glovercut was asking 'is it time?'  This has been a topic of dicussion on the old Vegas forum in relation to Vegas Pro, so isn't new to long term users. If Magix judge that it is time then current users might need to be content with the current capabilities of v13 or v14 while Vegas Pro is restructured. Or look elsewhere.

PeterWright wrote on 9/24/2016, 10:42 PM

Yes Serena but which bugs are still causing problems?   I don't get this "let's have a new one" without being specific about what's wrong with the old one.

Serena Steuart wrote on 9/24/2016, 11:49 PM

Yes Serena but which bugs are still causing problems?   I don't get this "let's have a new one" without being specific about what's wrong with the old one.

Well, yes. I've always been surprised by the demand for a new version of Vegas Pro, the next fix. My comment was applicable to all software. The bigger it is the more difficult it is to debug and adding any new capability to old legacy software potentially adds problems (or bugs) elsewhere. It isn't like adding another brick to a fence. There are known bugs that don't get corrected, perhaps because all the developers' time goes into providing the next fix. Some bugs we work around by knowing what not to do. Yes, the software must keep up to date with input/output codecs but reliability comes before nice-to-have enhancements. The adverse comments on v14 might suggest that the new enhancements have introduced new bugs, and those bugs are there because the developers' testing didn't go down all the possible alleys and by-ways that some users will travel. I'm not asking for a redesign of Vegas structure, merely pointing out reasons why it might be considered. Anyway Magix hasn't sent me an upgrade offer and I'm not looking for one.