Comments

Cornico wrote on 10/26/2017, 3:39 AM

We?
No problem here.
Why to get rid off when you can stop it at building?

dream wrote on 10/26/2017, 3:59 AM

@Cornico i am frustrated while handling 20 files at times and manually delete it ,i can't do every time,if you have solution please give it.

Elex wrote on 10/26/2017, 5:28 AM

if you want to delete it, go to the folder of your media and type in the search bar ".sfk" without quotation. all the files with .sfk will appear and you can select all and delete.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 10/26/2017, 5:37 AM

There is no need to delete that. I like the waveform audio presentation, why should I delete that?

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

dream wrote on 10/26/2017, 6:23 AM

i just want ,whenever i import some video files ,the byproduct of that video file shouldn't be on my folder ,i can't explain how problematic situation is that for me.

okey now heres a suggestion -if you cant stop producing it ,atleast produce it on seperate folder -like a dump folder /or another drive ,you know what i mean .

vegas pro is 10/10 but this problem

i cant go to premier pro for this stupid problem ,i know this vegas pro is best ,dont know why people use premier pro.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/26/2017, 9:36 AM

Please, No !

You don't want these files in a different folder as they could easily get mixed up (e.g. two files with same name) and then there would endless complaints about audio mess ups! This has been discussed before for many years, with the same conclusion - the system is reliable and workable the way it is.

They are super useful for editing, and easily cleaned up (I just dump the entire media folder, which is a copy anyway.)

Not a problem :)

dream wrote on 10/26/2017, 9:44 AM

@Kinvermark but in future vp16 ,lets see how the team handle this poblem (for me).

wondering how other video editors manage it .

OldSmoke wrote on 10/26/2017, 9:54 AM

@Kinvermark but in future vp16 ,lets see how the team handle this poblem (for me).

And what exactly is your problem?

Last changed by OldSmoke on 10/26/2017, 12:15 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

Former user wrote on 10/26/2017, 9:59 AM

Adobe Premiere apparently saves them in a specific Cache folder. Final Cut Pro apparently does as well. It would be possible for Vegas to have a cache folder as well if the programmers were convinced it was a good option.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/26/2017, 10:20 AM

Like I said, this has all been discussed before with the conclusion that the Vegas way is safer (thus better). Caches regularly get corrupted. Not for me to say, but I guess they won't likely change this and personally I would prefer safe, reliable (and quick?).

dream wrote on 10/26/2017, 10:33 AM

There is no need to delete that. I like the waveform audio presentation, why should I delete that?

+1 and I still don't get any reason not to build or to delete those files.

And what is exactly your problem?

imagine in a folder you have 100 video files to render in single project ,and choosing specific files (50) and they reproduce another 50 (total 150) and here problem begins ,i lost my track to which one i have taken and which one i have not,its bit complicated to elaborate here ,hope you guys understand,basically i deal with 100-200 files or more than that and its gets compilcated with that single folder.

Adobe Premiere apparently saves them in a specific Cache folder. Final Cut Pro apparently does as well. It would be possible for Vegas to have a cache folder as well if the programmers were convinced it was a good option.

i like the idea ,hope dev. should take a look.

Like I said, this has all been discussed before with the conclusion that the Vegas way is safer (thus better). Caches regularly get corrupted. Not for me to say, but I guess they won't likely change this and personally I would prefer safe, reliable (and quick?).

i agree ,and i like vegas over premier pro any day

Former user wrote on 10/26/2017, 10:36 AM

I understand your pain. When I go to back up a folder I will generally sort by file type and delete the sfk and other files that I don't need archived. I would like them in a temp or cache folder as well.

dream wrote on 10/26/2017, 10:42 AM

I understand your pain. When I go to back up a folder I will generally sort by file type and delete the sfk and other files that I don't need archived. I would like them in a temp or cache folder as well.

this .

hope dev. can understand this and will be update it on vp16

Kinvermark wrote on 10/26/2017, 10:42 AM

You don't need to archive them and there is no problem "accidentally" deleting one - they will just regenerate when you open the project.

@dream

Hope you can understand why the devs (and other users ) wouldn't want to do this - instability!

Musicvid wrote on 10/26/2017, 11:08 AM

Message deleted by user.

Former user wrote on 10/26/2017, 12:06 PM

Comment deleted and response noted. Thanks

Musicvid wrote on 10/26/2017, 12:09 PM

Deleted - - - it just gets old, David.

NickHope wrote on 10/26/2017, 12:12 PM

I'd love to see the end of sfk files in my media folders. They take up space in file listings, they confuse the view, they get orphaned, and they're just generally messy and an irritation.

Musicvid wrote on 10/26/2017, 1:22 PM

I leave socks on the floor...

Richvideo wrote on 10/26/2017, 1:39 PM

In Newtek's SpeedEdit NLE they have similar files that get created for thumbnails, roll over previews and audio waveform---but they go in a subfolder called (Newtekinfo) and not in the main folder where they cause clutter. I don't think that it would be that hard for Magix to code this..I don't see the logic of having the SFKs mixed in with the video and audio assets. This subfolder is in the same folder as the footage, it is not a cache of muliple SFKs from different projects. On the off chance that something was corrupted in that folder you can just delete the folder and it will be regenerated when you re-load the project. Does anyone see a downside to this?

3POINT wrote on 10/26/2017, 1:45 PM

I'd love to see the end of sfk files in my media folders. They take up space in file listings, they confuse the view, they get orphaned, and they're just generally messy and an irritation.

I just would love that those sfk.files automatically get a "hidden file" flag when created.

Musicvid wrote on 10/26/2017, 2:04 PM

I don't see the logic of having the SFKs mixed in with the video and audio assets.

Because by not doing so, you've created a relative path that exiles the files if anything gets moved around or renamed.

A local file path looks for the files in the same folder, regardless of how you rename or move it. This was explained a couple of different ways above.

john_dennis wrote on 10/26/2017, 2:32 PM

I've been dealing with sidecar files in Sound Forge, CD Architect, Sonic Foundry Vegas, Sony Vegas and DVD Architect since late last century. I'm slightly less frustrated with having the files than I am with people complaining about an architectural decision that the programmers made while considering the ramifications of doing it all the different ways that people have mentioned.

Removing the files is not high on my list of $#1T to worry about.

PS

I never leave socks on the floor. I'm quite fastidious.

john_dennis wrote on 10/26/2017, 5:23 PM

If you have that many individual files to render as part of your workflow, maybe you need a batch render plugin such as Vegasaur Transcoder.

You might also consider posting on the Microsoft Windows support site. Windows began life as a file manager and after all these versions of the operating system, there still is no native way to filter for individual files by including or excluding the .skf or any other individual extension.