no audio when importing mts files

Op3D wrote on 5/26/2020, 2:19 PM

Recently in Vegas pro 16 I started having problems when importing mts files that even though it shows audio tracks on the timeline there is no sound to them. I upgraded to Vegas pro 17 and it did not resolve. I reinstalled windows and vegas pro suite 17 still not resolved. I have tried many techniques I found on youtube but it is still not resolved. I tried other file types and the audio works for them. It does not build peaks and the audio tracks are flatlined. They are not muted or solo. I am using and updated version of windows 10 with with RX580 video card and threadripper processor.

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/26/2020, 6:17 PM

Similar condition in another thread a few days ago.

Can you post one of the files in Dropbox or other file sharing site? .. or at least post the MediaInfo,,

Op3D wrote on 5/27/2020, 11:23 AM

where di I put it in the drop box, I don't know where or how to do it

rraud wrote on 5/27/2020, 11:42 AM

Dropbox kind of sucks IMO but it can be used. Google Drive and MS OneDrive are other popular cloud storage / sharing options. If you have an email account from either Google or MS, you can use the same UN and PW to sign in the cloud drive ..Choose Upload. Then select 'Share', the file(s) are given a specific link (URL) to post or email.

Op3D wrote on 5/27/2020, 12:51 PM

rraud wrote on 5/27/2020, 4:05 PM

The above is Vegas properties.." MediaInfo " is significantly more detailed.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

set wrote on 5/27/2020, 9:12 PM

A sample file can help for us to test your media.. no need of long media, short can be helpful. A more detailed data spec read by MediaInfo can also be helpful.

But so far I can judge, probably your MTS media is AVCHD format, with 5.1 audio...

What camera do you use to record this?

I tried check & compare my media, found this:

Op3D wrote on 5/28/2020, 8:41 AM

Op3D wrote on 5/28/2020, 8:42 AM

I am trying to upload a short video clip but the website freezes, I will keep trying

Op3D wrote on 5/28/2020, 8:46 AM

Yes that is the correct file format, I use sony camcorder HDR-HD20V I have been using it with Vegas since 2012. I imported those exact files only a few weeks ago with no problems. It was only in the last week that I started having problems. It started with the audio being out of sync then the sound went away and now they are completely flatlined

Op3D wrote on 5/28/2020, 8:50 AM
Dexcon wrote on 5/28/2020, 8:50 AM

Please follow rraud's request (the 1st comment) and post a MediaInfo report on the audio file. Without that, it's really only guessing.

set wrote on 5/28/2020, 9:21 AM

Unfortunately uploading video here will recompress and change the original format. not recommended. - still must through online storage drives like Dropbox, Google Drive, Wetransfer, etc.

Ok, have you tried resetting Vegas Pro? I wonder if that can help:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

Op3D wrote on 5/31/2020, 1:55 PM

I had revert to an earlier version of Vegas to correct the issue. Definitely a bug in vegas nothing wrong with my videos

john_dennis wrote on 5/31/2020, 2:07 PM

Please upload the sample file to One Drive, Dropbox or some other cloud share site and provide the link here, using this gippie

not the the Magix site since the Magix site re-encodes the file. Users need the original file to assess the issue.