How to add PluralEyes to Vegas Pro 18?

ernie-tamminga wrote on 8/3/2020, 7:02 PM

I have the latest version of PluralEyes (13.1.14), and I just upgraded my Vegas from VegasPro17 to VegasPOST Suite18 (which includes Vegas Pro18). PluralEyes used to run within my VegasPro17, but I can't figure out how to integrate it with VegasPro18. It doesn't show up when I do View/Extensions.Anyone know how to do that?

Comments

Musicvid wrote on 8/3/2020, 7:14 PM

Probably wait for Red Giant to update Pluraleyes.

wjauch wrote on 8/3/2020, 7:19 PM

Maybe try reinstalling Pluraleyes? IIRC, I installed it about 6 months ago and it just showed up in Vegas 16 and 17, maybe it'll show up in VP18 if you reinstall it?

RogerS wrote on 8/3/2020, 8:03 PM

Red Giant updated PluralEyes last month, so be sure to update

cadudesun wrote on 8/4/2020, 8:51 PM

Copy PE4VegasLoader14.dll from C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro\17.0\Application Extensions to C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro\18.0\Application Extensions

This fixed the issue. Thanks for sharing the workaround!

RogerS wrote on 8/4/2020, 9:15 PM

Did you get it to actually work? For me, I had moved the DLL extension but it didn't properly sync until I installed the update.

drone wrote on 8/6/2020, 10:33 AM

If anyone is having difficulty finding "C:\ProgramData\ "it may because the folder is hidden. In Windows [10] go to Control Panel ; search for 'hidden files' ; then under File Explorer Options click on "Show hidden files and folders". Then under View and Advanced settings click on 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'.

Once you've got to "C:\ProgramData\" go to the "VEGAS Pro" folder. You'll find folders for all the versions you've had of VEGAS. Open the "18.0" folder [ignore the "18.0.284" folder]. Open the "Application Extensions" folder [create the folder if there isn't one in the "18.0" folder] and copy "PE4VegasLoader14.dll" into it.

This worked for me.

Congratulations to all the Vegas team at Magix on a great upgrade. After installing version 18 I added a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card and I am delighted with the performance and stability of Vegas 18 and the way it interacts with the 2060. Well done everyone!