I've always gone with this assumption -- would appreciate if others here would confirm this to be true.
- A project is set to 1080p
- A 4K media event is dropped onto the timeline
- That event is pushed in (via Pan/Crop) 30% (image is larger)
- Project is set to 'Full Resolution Render', motion blur to "Gaussian', Deinterlace set to 'Blend fields', Resample set to "Disable"
- Rendering that project to a 1080p AVC .mp4 file will have zero quality loss from the original source media, since Vegas will be smart enough to know that it's just cropping into the image and not doing any scaling.
Is this accurate?