HappyOtterScripts Free Tools

Comments

wwaag wrote on 5/9/2021, 8:53 PM

Just added a few new toolsets--the first, Zoom Tools, is a set of simple scripts enabling the user to quickly zoom in and zoom out of the timeline without use of the mouse wheel.  Scripts include ZoomToProject which zooms out to the length of the entire project; ZoomToLoop which zooms into the selection loop; ZoomToEvents which zooms into selected events and finally, ZoomToCursor which zooms in at the cursor position.  The amount of “zoom in” is controlled by a GUI which enables the user to set the timeline range displayed using either Time or Frames. Here's a screenshot of the GUI.

A demo can be found here. https://vimeo.com/547030473

The second, SlipSlide Tools, is a set of simple scripts enabling the user to slip or slide selected events by a specific amount of time.  While you can do this inside of Vegas, there is no easy way to precisely control the length of the slip or slide.  A simple GUI enables the user to set both slip and time times using frames or time in milliseconds.  Setting the time to just a few or a single millisecond can be useful for adjusting audio delay. Here's a screenshot of the GUI.

The third, Add Tape Name, is a script that enables the user to add a Tape Name to project media.  A simple UI enables the user to specify the name to be entered and whether the name should be applied to Selected Project Media or Project Media from Selected Events. Here's a screenshot of the GUI.

And finally, not new, but an update to SelectEvents, a set of text scripts that enable the selection of events before, under, or after the cursor, events with markers, events within the selection loop, or events within regions.

A demo can be found here. https://vimeo.com/547030457

These can be freely downloaded at the HappyOtterScripts FreeTools Library at https://tools4vegas.com/library/

Last changed by wwaag on 5/9/2021, 9:18 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

Musicvid wrote on 5/12/2021, 5:08 AM

Slip Slide Tool is something I can use right away!

wwaag wrote on 7/10/2021, 4:23 PM

Just updated some of the existing tools and added a new one in the Free Tools Library. https://tools4vegas.com/library/

SnapshotTools. Updated. The SnapshotEdit tool now has the option to add the snapshot image to the timeline, edit the image, and then save those changes to the timeline image. For anyone making tutorials or demos, this provides an easy way to add simple graphics to one's project. Here's the screen grab of the new Snapshot Tools setup dialog.

And here's a demo of how to use SnapshotEdit for adding graphics. https://tools4vegas.com/wp-content/uploads/SnapshotEditDemo.mp4

GetTextTitles. New Tool. Get Text Titles is a script that extracts the text from selected Titles & Text.  Line returns are removed, thus making the resulting text suitable for use in Text to Speech apps such as Amazon Polly or Microsoft Azure’s Text to Speech.  The resulting text snippets are sorted according to timeline position so that text may be extracted across different tracks, thus ensuring that timeline order will be maintained.  The resulting text will be added to the clipboard and saved to a text file located in the project folder or user’s document folder if the project has not been saved.

Here's a screengrab of some sample output.

SlipSlideTools. Updated. Thanks to @tim-neighbors and @Marco for pointing out the slip tools were reversed in their execution. That has now been corrected.

MP4 Date Changer. Updated. Now works for non-US locations and also has a new UI. Here's the screen grab.

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

JN- wrote on 7/10/2021, 5:43 PM

MP4 Date changer. That could be very useful.

---------------------------------------------

VFR2CFR, Variable frame rate to Constant frame rate link to zip here.

Copies Video Converts Audio to AAC, link to zip here.

Convert 2 Lossless, link to ZIP here.

Convert Odd 2 Even (frame size), link to ZIP here

Benchmarking Continued thread + link to zip here

Codec Render Quality tables zip

PC ... Corsair case, own build ...

CPU .. i9 9900K, iGpu UHD 630

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

Graphics card .. MSI RTX 2080 ti

Graphics driver .. latest studio

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

Graphics card … Laptop RTX 3080

wwaag wrote on 7/10/2021, 9:43 PM

It's really designed for those who sometimes fail to set the date/time correctly. Unfortunately, that's happened to me too many times in the past, which was one of the reasons for writing the app. It also does mov files in addition to mp4's. Basically, the file is copied with the new metadata and the original remains unchanged in the event of a problem. It makes use of the excellent Exiftool written by Phil Harvey.

JN- wrote on 7/11/2021, 8:39 AM

Yes. I’ve often had to do bulk photo date/time change to match them up, obviously this is a great addition, mp4 and mov covers 99.99% of most videos, thanks.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

wwaag wrote on 7/11/2021, 10:12 PM

Discovered a bug in the SnapshotEdit tool that would lead to a crash if the filepath contained any whitespace. Now fixed. Suggest anyone using SnapshotTools download again.

Phil_P wrote on 7/12/2021, 7:18 AM

Kwik proxy is crashing regularly for me atm. Sent a support request.

john_dennis wrote on 7/12/2021, 10:38 AM

@Phil_P @wwaag

I checked Kwik Proxy with the same project that I used a week ago. Fails on HOS 1.0.3.18. Data sent to Wayne.

Phil_P wrote on 7/12/2021, 10:46 AM

@Phil_P @wwaag

I checked Kwik Proxy with the same project that I used a week ago. Fails on HOS 1.0.3.18. Data sent to Wayne.

Yes, sent a load of stuff (example videos and data) to Wayne too and he already has a repro on mine which is great. Sorry for the very brief post here, was in mid session. :-)

Wayne rocks eh! :-)

wwaag wrote on 7/12/2021, 12:31 PM

"Wayne rocks eh! :-)"

I used to! Circa 1995. LOL

Actually, a photoshopped pic when I retired.

wwaag wrote on 7/15/2021, 11:11 AM

Just uploaded a new version of Snapshot Tools. There is now a Quantize to Frames option for both the SnapshotEdit and SnapshotToTrack scripts.

Phil_P wrote on 7/15/2021, 12:48 PM

Hi Wayne, I figured I would ask here so it may help others: Is there any way to automatically populate the Otter Bar with all scripts? (I moved all free scripts into the same folder as the paid ones btw): C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 18.0\Script Menu\Happy Otter Scripts

Or maybe direction to a text file so I can do it that way?

I ask this as I just spent 30 minutes adding many of them. Then Vegas crashed (not through fault of HOS) and when it came back the Bar was set back to default. :-)

wwaag wrote on 7/15/2021, 2:27 PM

@Phil_P

"I moved all free scripts into the same folder as the paid ones".

While you can do that, I wouldn't recommend it since the scripts are sorted alphabetically.

If you want to add other scripts to the toolbar, I think it is best to do it manually as you've done. I always have a separate folder for such extra scripts. Once you've populated the toolbar to your satisfaction, then make sure that you save it as a new layout, which can then be recalled. The last used layout will always be reloaded. Here's a screen grab.

Just type in a new layout name and click the green plus button.

Here's what I use. OtterInfoBar plus an OtterBar for other tools.

Phil_P wrote on 7/16/2021, 12:27 AM

@Phil_P

"I moved all free scripts into the same folder as the paid ones".

While you can do that, I wouldn't recommend it since the scripts are sorted alphabetically.

If you want to add other scripts to the toolbar, I think it is best to do it manually as you've done. I always have a separate folder for such extra scripts. Once you've populated the toolbar to your satisfaction, then make sure that you save it as a new layout, which can then be recalled. The last used layout will always be reloaded. Here's a screen grab.

Just type in a new layout name and click the green plus button.

Here's what I use. OtterInfoBar plus an OtterBar for other tools.

Thanks Wayne. I'll move the free scripts back again then. I know how to use the toolbar but it just took a long time and after the crash etc. No worries though. Thanks again.

Another small suggestion would be the ability to download all free scripts at once. (Especially for paying Otter customers).

Reyfox wrote on 7/16/2021, 1:20 AM

Another small suggestion would be the ability to download all free scripts at once. (Especially for paying Otter customers).

The would be nice!

JN- wrote on 7/16/2021, 8:10 AM

@wwaag There appears to be a problem with the "hours". I get the error message (when I click "Update"), see screen shot. I can change all of the items YYYY MM DD HH MM SS but the HH value causes the error message when it's "updated"

I initially didn't select "Update, just "Start", but it changed the output files date/time to today, so I see you have to enter the date and then select update, then Start I guess.

I did successfully modify the files date/time by using the "date time adjustments" section.

It's a pity also that there isn't an option to select a DD MM YYYY format. Not everyone lives in the US.

Last changed by JN- on 7/16/2021, 8:54 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

JN- wrote on 7/16/2021, 8:58 AM

@wwaag

I see it's because it's only using a 12 hour clock, any hour value more than 12 causes the issue.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

wwaag wrote on 7/16/2021, 11:45 AM

@Phil_P

"Another small suggestion would be the ability to download all free scripts at once."

I'll take a look. While creating a zip files that includes "everything" is simple, restricting that to paid customers only is another kettle of fish.

@JN-

Thanks for pointing out the problem. The 12 hour clock was definitely a bad on my part. That has now been fixed.

Regarding date formats, could you post a screen grab from MediaInfo of an MP4 file that contains Encoded date?

Phil_P wrote on 7/16/2021, 11:49 AM

I'll take a look. While creating a zip files that includes "everything" is simple, restricting that to paid customers only is another kettle of fish.

Yes understood, and tbh the "paid" part was an after-thought. It would be just generally nice to be able to dl all at once. Especially when one has lost track of which as been updated etc. :-)

JN- wrote on 7/16/2021, 12:39 PM

@wwaag Thanks. Am away from PC, will do later. I'm sure you know this of course, but when I used the other method to modify my mp4, the seconds had extra time added, compared to the unmodified on disc modified date, time.

I then saw that in Mediainfo your app uses the creation date, not the later modified date, times, which is of course best. Windows properties shows the creation and modified times also.

Because I was only looking at the modified date that threw me initially, so, in future, I need to first check the Creation dates of video files before doing changes.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

JN- wrote on 7/16/2021, 1:50 PM

@wwaag Ok, I downloaded the new version, works AOK, thank you.

The screenshot below shows before on the left, and after adding 4 minutes on the right.

So, looking at the Windows properties, the Created date isn't changed, only the modified date, bottom right section of screenshot.

In the screenshot below I added in the file systems (DO) Date/Time created column.

Last changed by JN- on 7/16/2021, 2:00 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

JN- wrote on 7/16/2021, 2:04 PM

So, looking at the last screenshot above, the added 4 minutes is being added to the creation date and then presented as the modified date, is this what should be happening?

The user really has to take into account the difference between the creation date and the modified date before entering his/her values using this method. I don't have a problem keeping the creation date, even when it's wrong, as is, but this is all a little tricky.

I guess, as I previously mentioned, the user has to look at the original creation date, not the original modified date, before making any changes.

Last changed by JN- on 7/16/2021, 2:13 PM, changed a total of 4 times.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code