How do I get my customer number for canceling a contract?

Outletika wrote on 10/14/2022, 9:02 AM

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to find my customer number. I need my customer number because I want to cancel my Vegas Pro 365 contract before it renews/restarts in April next year. It says on the Vegas Pro website that I need to send an email to infoservice@magix.net that says I want to cancel my Vegas Pro 365 contract and it needs to include my customer number. I'm aware that it says I can only do this a month before the contract ends. I just want to get this process of figuring everything out done before I forget. I'm pretty sure I have searched everywhere trying to find the answer to this, hopefully I didn't miss some obvious information. Thanks for any help anybody can give me on this problem that probably has a really simple solution.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 10/14/2022, 9:43 AM

@Outletika use your order number and send an email to infoservice@magix.net to cancel your subscription.

Note that you need to cancel earlier than a month before (annual) or earlier than a day before (monthly).

VEGAS Edit/Pro/Post 365 annual subscriptions:

Subscription and cancellation conditions: VEGAS Edit 365 will be available immediately after payment and activation. The charge for the minimum term is payable as a single sum upon conclusion of the contract. The minimum term begins on the date of purchase. The contractual period of VEGAS Edit 365 will be automatically extended by 12 months at a time until you cancel the agreement. You will be informed well in advance if the extension rate or taxes included change. A cancellation is possible up to 1 month before the end of the contract period. To cancel the contract, please send an email stating your customer number to: infoservice@magix.net

Monthly subscriptions:

Subscription and cancellation conditions: VEGAS Edit 365 will be available immediately after payment and activation. The charge for the minimum term is payable as a single sum upon conclusion of the contract. The minimum term begins on the date of purchase. The contractual period of VEGAS Edit 365 will be automatically extended by one month at a time until you cancel the agreement You will be informed well in advance if the extension rate or taxes included change. A cancellation is possible up to 1 day before the end of the contract period. To cancel the contract, please send an email stating your customer number to: infoservice@magix.net

Outletika wrote on 10/14/2022, 10:06 AM

@Outletika use your order number and send an email to infoservice@magix.net to cancel your subscription.

Note that you need to cancel earlier than a month before (annual) or earlier than a day before (monthly).

VEGAS Edit/Pro/Post 365 annual subscriptions:

Subscription and cancellation conditions: VEGAS Edit 365 will be available immediately after payment and activation. The charge for the minimum term is payable as a single sum upon conclusion of the contract. The minimum term begins on the date of purchase. The contractual period of VEGAS Edit 365 will be automatically extended by 12 months at a time until you cancel the agreement. You will be informed well in advance if the extension rate or taxes included change. A cancellation is possible up to 1 month before the end of the contract period. To cancel the contract, please send an email stating your customer number to: infoservice@magix.net

Monthly subscriptions:

Subscription and cancellation conditions: VEGAS Edit 365 will be available immediately after payment and activation. The charge for the minimum term is payable as a single sum upon conclusion of the contract. The minimum term begins on the date of purchase. The contractual period of VEGAS Edit 365 will be automatically extended by one month at a time until you cancel the agreement You will be informed well in advance if the extension rate or taxes included change. A cancellation is possible up to 1 day before the end of the contract period. To cancel the contract, please send an email stating your customer number to: infoservice@magix.net

Is the order number the same thing as the contract number? If it isn't the same thing then where do i find my order number?

vkmast wrote on 10/14/2022, 10:08 AM

Use whatever number you have to identify your contract.

lolek55507 wrote on 10/26/2023, 7:40 AM

How do I know whether the subscription got cancelled or not I send an email message with the order number and I don t whether the cancelled it or not how can I check it will they reply me or something. You know I don t want to end up paying for a software that I thought I cancelled but I didnt?

vkmast wrote on 10/26/2023, 10:40 AM

Please check what your MAGIX account > My contracts shows. There should now be the option to cancel the subscription also there.

@lolek55507

vkmast wrote on 10/26/2023, 11:11 AM

Some updates to the Subscription and Cancellation Conditions:

At the website's Online Shop please note and click the circled "i"s in Upgrade and Subscription offers to see the current advice.

An example re VEGAS Pro Edit 365+ 2-year SmartScription:

Subscription and Cancellation Conditions: Your VEGAS Pro 365+ is available to you immediately after receipt of payment and activation. The price for the minimum term of 24 months is to be paid as a one-time upfront payment. The minimum term begins on the date of the order. VEGAS Pro 365+ is then automatically extended by 12 months until you decide to unsubscribe. VEGAS Pro 365+ will grant you subscription benefits at least until the end of the first minimum term (24 months), after that you will be able to decide whether you want to extend or unsubscribe. Cancellation is possible up to 1 month before the end of the term or of the extension period. Should the extension fee or the taxes contained change, you will be informed in proper advance.

See also SmartScription FAQ here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/subscription/

Another example, re VEGAS Pro Edit 365 1-year subscription:

Subscription and cancellation conditions: VEGAS Pro Edit 365 will be available immediately after payment and activation. The charge for the minimum term is payable as a single sum upon conclusion of the contract. The minimum term begins on the date of purchase. The contractual period of VEGAS Pro Edit 365 will be automatically extended by 12 months at a time until you cancel the agreement. You will be informed well in advance if the extension rate or taxes included change. A cancellation is possible up to 1 month before the end of the contract period. To cancel the contract, please send an email stating your customer number to: infoservice@magix.net

Yet another example, re VEGAS Pro Edit 365 monthly subscription:

Subscription and cancellation conditions: VEGAS Pro Edit 365 will be available immediately after payment and activation. The charge for the minimum term is payable as a single sum upon conclusion of the contract. The minimum term begins on the date of purchase. The contractual period of VEGAS Pro Edit 365 will be automatically extended by one month at a time until you cancel the agreement You will be informed well in advance if the extension rate or taxes included change. A cancellation is possible up to 1 day before the end of the contract period. To cancel the contract, please send an email stating your customer number to: infoservice@magix.net

There should now also be an option to cancel directly through the user's My Account > My Contracts section.