Revert to previous stable version (Version 300 bugged)

tf_studio wrote on 4/9/2024, 12:45 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to revert from the last update (300) to the previous stable version that was working quite nicely for me.

I have a lot of bugs with 300, and the new beta AI speech to text is not working at all (it was working fine in the last update) I also have a lot of glitches in the previews.

Cordially

Comments

VEGASDerek wrote on 4/9/2024, 12:47 PM

If you are going to post here saying you have problems, the please elaborate instead of just telling everyone you plan to revert. Otherwise, this post is kinda pointless for everyone.

tf_studio wrote on 4/9/2024, 1:01 PM

If you are going to post here saying you have problems, the please elaborate instead of just telling everyone you plan to revert. Otherwise, this post is kinda pointless for everyone.

I just want to know how to do a revert, i don't want to elaborate about the problems that are already covered in other posts.
i have a lot of urgent work that need to be done, and i don't have a lot of time finish it.
I can't do it with the actual state of the software.

vkmast wrote on 4/9/2024, 4:12 PM

@tf_studio would this recent comment help: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-21-update-3-videos-auf-timeline-nicht-mehr-angezeigt--145182/#ca909687

Tranlslation:  "Build 208 can still be downloaded here: https://rdir.magix.net/?page=99JCXVTMNMRR
To downgrade, VEGAS must be uninstalled (the main application is sufficient), then reinstall 208."

3d87c4 wrote on 4/9/2024, 11:38 PM

FWIW: it's useful to keep a copy of the installation files for Vegas versions (and other software), license keys, etc. for future use if you need to revert to a previous version or move to a new computer.

Del XPS 17 laptop

Processor    13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900H   2.60 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Touch support with 10 touch points

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎6/‎8/‎2023
OS build    22621.1848
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU
Driver Version: 31.0.15.2857
8GB memory

vkmast wrote on 4/10/2024, 2:54 AM

Invaluable resources:

Your VEGAS Account (=MAGIX Account)

MAGIX Download Center

and of course The Download FAQ which mentions the above sites and more.(incl. links to builds of recent versions). (Thanks to @NickHope)

(But in case something goes wrong, iyou need to have copies as above advised.)

Resoula wrote on 4/10/2024, 3:37 PM

You do not appear to have read his post beyond the title. "I would like to know if" is a very good sign the question he was asking was coming. I am surprised that you had time to make such a rude post, but not time to read more than his title.

This update also completely broke my software. So his asking is beneficial, as it has allowed me to learn of a way to revert to a functioning version, thanks to vkmast.

tf_studio wrote on 4/10/2024, 6:20 PM

Invaluable resources:

Your VEGAS Account (=MAGIX Account)

MAGIX Download Center

and of course The Download FAQ which mentions the above sites and more.(incl. links to builds of recent versions). (Thanks to @NickHope)

(But in case something goes wrong, iyou need to have copies as above advised.)

Many thanks, i did found the previous version link by checking the older patch posts on the forum 👍

I reinstalled the software and now everything is back to normal.

I hope they will get this new version patched up soon, but if think i will stay on the version .208 for some time lol.