Ridiculous Registration Process

raymond-b wrote on 9/21/2016, 3:23 PM

I am really annoyed about the transfer process from Sony to Magix. I have been a long term Vegas Pro user since at least version 8. I have upgraded every time and use Vegas Pro 13 regularly. I own Vegasaur, New Blue and Boris FX products. Despite being a long term customer and spending thousands of pounds on Sony products I've received absolutely no contact from Magix. No emails welcoming me as a Vegas Pro customer to Magix. I suddenly do not exist since the transfer.

I tried to register on this forum as instructed to migrate my Sony account and I was unable to do so because the email I use at Sony was already registered here somehow. I then tried entering my Sony password and this didn't work. So I could not register using my Sony email. I then searched for a Magix support email but could not find one so I had to register using another email to post this message. I'm bored just typing this convoluted story, let alone anyone having to read it.

How do I migrate my Sony account and get the upgrade offer? It may not matter anyway because if it's $249 to upgrade from v13 Pro to v14 Pro then forget it. I'm not paying more for the upgrade than new users who got the v13 to v14 deal recently. I'm also really struggling to see much that's been upgraded. This v14 Pro upgrade reminds me of the lacklustre v13 Pro upgrade.

Comments

ben-a wrote on 9/21/2016, 3:42 PM

I also had this same problem. Somewhere in the comments on another question in the Forum, I found the answer to this problem. I had an existing Magix account and was trying to register on the new Vegas site. When you register for Vegas, use your email address and enter your Magix password as the new Vegas password. It worked for me.

Also, I don't think that registration is what they look at for the discounted upgrade pricing. You should get an email from Magix with the offer. If you were a registered Sony Vegas user, Sony should have passed on the info to Magix.

vkmast wrote on 9/21/2016, 3:44 PM

If you were a registered Sony Vegas user, Sony should have passed on the info to Magix.

Maybe MAGIX has too many problems handling it.

raymond-b wrote on 9/21/2016, 4:14 PM

1. If Sony transfered my details to Magix why haven't Magix had the decency to even send me a welcome email? I've received no contact from them and can only assume I'm missing in action.

2. If I ever did register with Magix in the distant past I have no record of it. What kind of system is it that a basic problem like this can throw the whole transfer process?

3. Magix should have sent every single Vegas customer an email with a personal link to register with them and then transfer our accounts. Instead they dump all the resonsibility on the customer to register here.

4. Why isn't there a Magix support email address prominantly advertised? Those of us in the UK aren't likely to phone US support. When I had a problem in the past I could email Sony who usually responded promptly.

ben-a wrote on 9/21/2016, 6:09 PM

raymond-b, I, too, had registered on Magix in the distant past and forgot. I think if you click the "forgot password" button, they'll send you a link to enter a new password. And, I agree with you that the registration process could have been handled better.

NickHope wrote on 9/21/2016, 10:34 PM
4. Why isn't there a Magix support email address prominantly advertised? Those of us in the UK aren't likely to phone US support. When I had a problem in the past I could email Sony who usually responded promptly.

I have been getting replies from here within a couple of days: https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form

Spectralis wrote on 9/22/2016, 3:18 AM

Ok, thanks Nick. It now seems to have been resolved somehow. I'm not sure how but when I tried entering an old redundant Sony password that allowed me to register so maybe in some cases Magix received old passwords from Sony instead of the last, most up to date one.

Matt12 wrote on 9/22/2016, 7:05 AM

I think I did as it was recommended and have received one mail from magix, but dont' think is specific with my previuos sony registration, just a generic welcome one (I mean, there is not any of my products registered over here at magix).
Just wondering if I am considered by magix as a newly registered costumer or a previuos owner of Vegas 6, 8,9,10, 11, 12,13 + DVD architect up to the latest one.

Someone over here have seen their product registration somewhere over here?

Spectralis wrote on 9/22/2016, 1:50 PM

That's a good point. It would be helpful if every ex-Sony customer had an online account with a record of their product registrations and serial numbers. For example, in my online BorisFX account there is a record of all of my registered products, serial numbers and the date and number of machines they have been registered on. 

m2016 wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:35 PM

As told in some threads we are actually finishing the technical migration of the whole former SCS serial and activation system and the other stuff around it. After the switch in a few weeks all the technical processes will run over the MAGIX servers and your old serials will appear in your MAGIX account (email address is the key). 

The import of the serials into each account might take some days after the switch but all the serials we got from SCS will be imported.

Until the switch happened you should find all your serials in your old SCS account at the SCS website!