Titles & Text Generated Media not displaying in preview or timeline

PaulN wrote on 2/16/2019, 11:39 PM

My PC is running Windows 7 with Platinum Movie Studio 15 Build 157

I have seen several problem threads on this issue but have not seen solutions displayed. I assume I have to log into the forum

The preview window does not preview the title/text and after transferring the media to the timeline it does not animate. In fact when I drag and drop, the media comes over and opens the video media generator edit window and the animation property is "None" (can only be "None") if that has anything to do with my problem.

I have checked for a later build but it appears 157 is the latest.

I would appreciate some assistance.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 2/17/2019, 1:13 AM

See if your problems are these two listed in the Known Issues post here:

[VP14+] On Windows 7, Titles & Text and ProType Titler require .NET Framework 4.6.2 to be installed for correct functionality. The thread linked there is this: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/titles-text-presets-not-working-for-me-in-vegas-pro--106469/

You probably have this "GPU-related decoding [Known] Issue" as well:

[If VEGAS Pro is opened with an NVIDIA GPU (rather than Intel integrated graphics) with a driver version later than 382.53, and that GPU is selected in GPU acceleration of video processing,] the effect of FX and text adjustments is not shown in the Preview window until the FX control window is dismissed.

This was corrected with a much later driver version, so you may need to update the driver to one of the latest versions.

Note that you do not have to log in to read this forum.

@PaulN

PaulN wrote on 2/17/2019, 7:01 PM

Hi. The 4.6.2 .NET Framework solved the problem. Thanking you