2 overlapping clips how to adjust first one (MS13)

Dimi Koan wrote on 6/12/2015, 5:54 PM
Hi,

So. I have two overlapping (crossfaded) clips in my project in Movie Studio Platinum 13. I want to adjust ending point of the first clip. I have "normal" tool selected. So I click the clip I want to edit to select it, and now I see two blue squarish-with-rounded-corners handles in the beginning and in the end of it. Left handle works, but if I try to click the right handle, the one in the end of the clip, the moment I click it, the handle disappears and now the right clip is selected and by dragging its starting point is adjusted insead.

This is the same for both audio and video clips and simple and advanced mode.

I've read the manual and found out that in advanced mode there's kind of workaround. 1. Select the first clip 2. Press 9 on keypad so the end of the clip is highlighted 3. Arrows now adjust length of the first clip.

But it's extremely unhandy. Every time to do so I'll have to move from mouse to keyboard.

I think it's a new bug introduced in version 13, because it 12 everything works great.

So, anybody knows the solution?

P.S. This is one of few annoyances in MS13 compared to previous version, the second one is separation of Normal and Fade tools to which I kind of got used to by using D, Shift-D keyboard shortcuts.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 6/12/2015, 6:07 PM
Read here.
Dimi Koan wrote on 6/12/2015, 6:16 PM
Thank you for such a quick response!

I see it only works for video clips, but I mostly crossfade audios, too bad! But frankly speaking even for video it's only half a solution. Obviously a bug.

It's funny that the topic you posted is about 1.5 years old and it ends with "Till they get this fixed of course."

Thanks anyway.
richard-amirault wrote on 6/12/2015, 8:14 PM
I'm assuming that you want to make the first clip shorter.

Did you try to select the point on the clip where you want it to end. Press S (to split the clip), highlight the end piece you want removed and DELETE it.

If you have Auto Ripple enabled the second clip will move and overlap the first clip the same amount it had previously.

In Vegas (as in many computer programs) there is often more than one way to accomplish something.
Chienworks wrote on 6/12/2015, 10:18 PM
Weird. I'm still on Vegas 10 and have no problem doing this. Is this a bug introduced in later versions?
Dimi Koan wrote on 6/13/2015, 3:22 AM
brighterside, thank you for a workaround!

Chienworks, yes, this bug is introduced in ver. 13.
vkmast wrote on 6/13/2015, 3:23 AM
>>>Is this a bug introduced in later versions?<<<

Kelly,
yes, only in MS Platinum 13. Another thread on the subject was here.
Dimi Koan wrote on 6/13/2015, 3:31 AM
I think it's a bug. If there is a blue handle it should be clickable and not disappearing.