Download of movie studio 17 upgrade continually pauses

chris-segger wrote on 6/30/2020, 6:26 AM

Chrissegger wrote on 6/30/2020, 11:12 AM

I open the application, click save, exe file shows in bottom left hand corner, it says extracting file 100%, starting installation, I choose English, then select Vegas movie studio platinum to install, click continue, after about 2 seconds the installation pauses. If I click continue it still stays paused, I have tried this many times with the same result.

I have disabled Windows Defender.

Windows 10 pc with all upgrades applied.

Thanks in advance for any solutions. Chris Segger

Comments

j-v wrote on 6/30/2020, 6:36 AM

You downloaded first an installer. Probably you have not all the rights (administrator) on you Windows version, that one allows other files not to download and install files by itself.
2 solutions:
1. Change your type of Windows user account
2. Download yourself the install-file from your Magix useraccount: https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10 home version 2004 build 19041.264, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti.
Laptop  :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home version 2004 build 19041.264, CPU i7 7700HQ, 8 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).VP 17,18 and VMS PL 16,17 are installed, all latest builds
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 456.38 Studio Driver.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!

EricLNZ wrote on 6/30/2020, 6:57 AM

@chris-segger It's not clear to me from your post what you are actually doing. What application are you opening?

chris-segger wrote on 6/30/2020, 8:59 AM

I am trying to download the upgrade form ms16 to ms17. vegasmoviestudioplatinum_dim_k17w6 is in my downloads folder. Thanks for you interest. Chris.

EricLNZ wrote on 6/30/2020, 7:11 PM

@chris-segger ok thanks. The upgrade from 16 to 17 is the same file as an ordinary purchase. ."Upgrade" only refers to the price you pay.

You have obviously downloaded the download manager from which you are trying to download VMS Plat 17. Try what j-v suggested. Or go to the MagixVegas Movie Studio page and download the 30 day trial https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/free-trials/video-editor-free-download/#c161318 Activate it with the serial number you have and you should have a full working version. If you cannot download it then there's an internet problem somewhere. You mentioned Defender is disabled but do you have any other security system installed?

chris-segger wrote on 7/1/2020, 10:28 AM

No other security systems installed. Am now investigating possible pc problems. Will let you know result in due course, Thank you for your help, Chris.

Dr Zen wrote on 7/1/2020, 11:44 AM

I don't know if this is related to your problem, but it is worth checking out.
I have personally seen this Windows 10 setting block downloads and block registration of some programs like Vegas.

Press Windows Start button (lower left)
Select Settings cog
Select Update & Security
Select Windows Security (left column)
Select App and Browser Control (left column)

Turn OFF Check apps and files

chris-segger wrote on 7/1/2020, 1:31 PM

Will look into this tomorrow, thankyou for your interest.

chris-segger wrote on 7/2/2020, 4:46 PM

Have tried all the suggestions without success but finally have a good version of movie studio 17 up and running. After logging into windows using another user to download and install the programme up to needing the serial no. then copying the file over to my normal windows login. Everything then clicked into place, and was able to finish loading the programme. Still no idea what the original problem was!

Thanks to you all for your help.

As you probably realise I am an 85 rear old novice and had help to get this to work.

vkmast wrote on 7/2/2020, 5:06 PM

Good and welcome to the forum.

@chris-segger