DVD Architect replacing DVD Architect Studio

Steve Grisetti wrote on 3/12/2017, 9:19 PM

I've been following the issue with Movie Studio 14 not recognizing the DVD Architect that is part of the Platinum package because it's still looking for DVD Architect Studio -- and I understand Magix has a fix in the works for it.

But the version of DVD Architect that downloads with the Movie Studio Platinum 14 package appears to be the pro version (or the only version -- which includes pro features like alternative audio tracks).

Is that right? Are they really bundling a $99 program free with the $79 package? What a deal!

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 3/13/2017, 1:50 AM

It appears so Steve. My trial version is DVD Architect Build 54. It's exe file is dvdarch70.exe.

I find the project audio for Blu-ray can now be LPCM, AC3 or AC3 5.1. With the Studio version Blu-ray audio was only LPCM.

The Help menu does mention adding alternative audio tracks. Not having ever had the Pro version I cannot tell if all the Pro features are now included. Interesting times.

Steve Grisetti wrote on 3/13/2017, 6:56 AM

Just wanted to conform it, Eric. All of the pro features seem to be on my version of the program too.

What a great deal!

VEGASDerek wrote on 3/13/2017, 7:06 AM

We now only have one version of DVD Architect. The studio line is discontinued and the current version that is available has the Pro features.

vkmast wrote on 3/13/2017, 8:09 AM

the current version that is available has the Pro features.

Thank you for the clarification. So if one has MVP 14 and DVDA 7 installed, one does have the same customization options of AC-3 Pro available as when one had with SVP 13 and DVDA Pro 6 (or 5.2) installed, even though only an AC-3 option seems to be listed???

vkmast wrote on 3/15/2017, 2:50 AM

To clarify my question above, I'm just wondering about the general statement I quoted there. I'm of course aware of the discussion about AC-3 Pro here.