Error Message at Download

Art-Jones wrote on 3/11/2023, 4:14 PM

Hello, I am having trouble successfully downloading my DVD Architect 6 program. Each time I try to download I get a "error" message. All of my other Vegas programs have downloaded successfully. I am just having problems with DVD Architect. Can you help?

Also, I have noticed that there is a DVD Architect 7. I normally received the latest version of this program when I upgrade Vegas Pro. Why have I not received the latest version of DVD Architect?

Thank you,

Art Jones

[email address deleted]

Comments

vkmast wrote on 3/11/2023, 4:36 PM

DVD Architect 7 was a "new numbered version" from MAGIX and as such not a free update. It's now discontinued and cannot be purchased from MAGIX any more.

Do you get any error code when your download fails? I wonder if the following might apply in your case:

DVD A 6 was a Sony program and "licensed under a system (as previously used by Sony) which permits use on multiple computers by one user; after an unspecified number of installations on different or updated PCs you may need to contact support to reset your "installation count"."

Art-Jones wrote on 3/11/2023, 5:03 PM

Thank you for the prompt response. If I understand your missive correctly, I need to contact Sony to reset the number of uses that I can download DVD Architect? Or might you e able to do so at Magix?

Thank you,

Art Jones

vkmast wrote on 3/11/2023, 5:38 PM

@Art-Jones not Sony, but VEGAS Support. Try Online Live Chat, advice here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/ask-support-updated--120281/#ca860645

(Your email address in the OP has been removed for data protection. "Do not publish any personal information" in public posts/comments.)