Error occurred while communicating with the server

Jen-Maynard wrote on 12/6/2019, 2:01 PM

I am trying to register Vegas Movie Studio on my new laptop. I removed the software from my old laptop and now I am getting this error message:

"An error occurred during registration of Vegas Pro 12.0" An error occurred while communicating with the server. This could be due to network congestion or server failure. Please try later.

When I click "retry" I get this error message:

An error occurred during registration of Vegas Pro 12.0. An error occurred while communicating with the server. This could be due to network congestion or server failure. Please try again later. If you click cancel, information will be provided so you can register using alternative methods."

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to get this installed on my new laptop?

Comments

vkmast wrote on 12/6/2019, 2:28 PM

Try again later? Or "Older versions of Vegas Pro than 14.0 are licensed under a system (as previously used by Sony) which permits use on multiple computers by one user; after an unspecified number of installations on different or updated PCs you may need to contact support to reset your "installation count"."

https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form

Or this is on right now: "Pre-sales and registration help is available via online live chat from 12pm-4pm U.S. Central Standard Time. Go to here and click the chat bubble in the bottom right corner."

@Jen-Maynard

j-v wrote on 12/6/2019, 2:48 PM

I am trying to register Vegas Movie Studio on my new laptop.

"An error occurred during registration of Vegas Pro 12.0. An error occurred while communicating with the server.

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to get this installed on my new laptop?

Which version and buildnr. of Movie Studio are you trying to register
because you get a message about another type of program. Something is terrible wrong because the way Vegas Pro 12 must be registered is far from registering newer versions of both programs Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10 home version 2004 build 19041.264, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti.
Laptop  :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home version 2004 build 19041.264, CPU i7 7700HQ, 8 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).VP 16,17 and VMS PL 16,17 are installed, all latest builds
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 451.48 Studio Driver, desktop the Studio DHC driver
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!