External Controller - Low on Memory Error

ZachAtk1 wrote on 11/13/2019, 5:59 AM

I've been using a Behringer BCF2000 for years now to mix audio tracks in my videos in VEGAS. I just recently built a new editing system and hooked up the controller and installed the drivers. When I go to enable the MIDI input/output in VEGAS as an emulated Mackie Device, I receive an error that my system is low on memory.

My old computer has the same version of VEGAS 16, and the same Behringer driver version 1.0.10.0. I have no issues using the controller on that computer. 

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

32GB DDR4 3600 Ram

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard

Comments

wwjd wrote on 11/13/2019, 6:42 AM

have you grabbed the latest version, out Monday? and have you tried FACTORY RESETTING Vegas?

vkmast wrote on 11/13/2019, 6:45 AM

The "factory" resetting instructions.

Adi-W wrote on 11/13/2019, 8:41 AM

I think this happens when you launch a second Vegas in parallel while your controler has been already "take" by the first Vegas. The controler can be use on by one Vegas at a time.

joost-berk wrote on 11/13/2019, 9:16 AM

Yes, I only get this message when I open another instance of Vegas just when the first instance is already using my controller.

Vegas Pro user since version 1.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR (Latest Studio Driver)

Monitoring: Black Magic Design DeckLink SDI 4K (or Nvidia HDMI for 4K HDR)

Audio: M-Audio M-Track Eight ASIO

Controller: Behringer X-Touch

ZachAtk1 wrote on 11/13/2019, 7:26 PM

I did the factory reset, no luck.

There is only one instance of Vegas open.

It almost seems like Vegas is using the controller before I even enable it in the MIDI options. The reason I say this is when I launch Vegas, even after the factory reset, I cannot eject the BCF2000 through "Safely Remove Hardware" - the device is in use. Looking at the System Event Viewer shows that Vegas is using the device. Now I may be mistaken, but shouldn't the controller NOT be in use if the checkbox is unchecked in the MIDI settings?

Rednroll wrote on 11/14/2019, 9:21 AM

There's also the External Control Tab under preferences where you select the device. Have you properly configured the device under that tab?

Also, try changing the preference setting of "Close Audio and MIDI port when not the active application" under the general tab.

It sounds to me like potentially some other application on your new machine is using your BCF2000 as a midi device and then when you launch in Vegas you are getting the low memory error. Are you using the BCF2000 with any other apps? If so, it could be the other app needs to be configured to close the midi ports when not active, so that Vegas can use them when it is active.

I have a Behringer X-Touch One controller, using it in Mackie MCU mode with VP16 and have not experienced the same problem.

ZachAtk1 wrote on 11/30/2019, 12:14 PM

Yes, I configure the BCF2000 as an Emulated Mackie Device in the External Control Tab. This is the same way I do it on my older PC, and it works there.

An update - I did a full reset on my new computer just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I formatted the drive and re-installed windows, installed all the drivers, installed VEGAS, and tested out the controller again - same issue. There is no other software installed on the computer except VEGAS and the USB MIDI Driver for the BCF2000.

At this point I am thinking there is some compatibility issue with the motherboard on my new PC build or something. To verify, I brought the controller back to my old PC and it works fine there.

I'm at a loss, I don't know what else to try. I think the next step may just be to get a new mixing controller for VEGAS as this one doesn't seem to mesh with my new build.

marturuiz wrote on 10/8/2022, 2:48 PM

Yes, I configure the BCF2000 as an Emulated Mackie Device in the External Control Tab. This is the same way I do it on my older PC, and it works there.

An update - I did a full reset on my new computer just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I formatted the drive and re-installed windows, installed all the drivers, installed VEGAS, and tested out the controller again - same issue. There is no other software installed on the computer except VEGAS and the USB MIDI Driver for the BCF2000.

At this point I am thinking there is some compatibility issue with the motherboard on my new PC build or something. To verify, I brought the controller back to my old PC and it works fine there.

I'm at a loss, I don't know what else to try. I think the next step may just be to get a new mixing controller for VEGAS as this one doesn't seem to mesh with my new build.

hi! i know its been a while since you posted this. but have you ever come to solution? im having the same issue. i have the behringer bcf2000 and the same pop up appears when i try to use it on the new computer but on the old one it does still work. its the SAME situation that you had.

marturuiz wrote on 10/8/2022, 2:49 PM

I've been using a Behringer BCF2000 for years now to mix audio tracks in my videos in VEGAS. I just recently built a new editing system and hooked up the controller and installed the drivers. When I go to enable the MIDI input/output in VEGAS as an emulated Mackie Device, I receive an error that my system is low on memory.

My old computer has the same version of VEGAS 18 pro, and the same Behringer driver version 1.0.10.0. I have no issues using the controller on that computer. 

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

32GB DDR4 3600 Ram

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard

Alyn99 wrote on 10/17/2022, 2:37 PM

I am getting the same error using both an Akai MidiMix and an Alesis Vi25. Vegas 20 learns the midi triggers fine when building the template but when using it none of them work except the master fader and I get the strange out of memory message even though I have 4 gigs of free ememory.