Have to deactivate V18 when changing locations?

YesMaestro wrote on 2/3/2023, 6:21 PM

I have V18 installed on my laptop and I just started using it again. When I started it at home, it said I had to deactivate one of my devices, the other copy is installed on my desktop at my office. So I deactivated the one already installed on my laptop and reactivated it again. I took my laptop to the office and the same thing happened again. I had to deactivate the one installed on my laptop and reactivate it again. And now it happened a 3rd time tonight when I took the laptop home, it said I had to deactivate one.

What the heck is going on? Thanks

Paul

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 2/3/2023, 6:58 PM

@YesMaestro Possibly there's a duplicate activation for one of your machines so effectively only one slot is available. Go to your Magix account https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/ and "My Products". find your V18 and check what's in the activation slots. Might be best to clear both then let your desktop and laptop reactivate.

vkmast wrote on 2/4/2023, 2:56 AM

Please note also from the FAQs, item 9:

"To deactivate a device, so you can activate a different one, visit your MAGIX account > My Products > Show More Details > Deactivate. This option can be used only once a month.

In VEGAS Pro 14.0 or later, you can also choose Deactivate the Software on this PC from the Help menu This option can be used as often as you wish. An internet connection is required."

@YesMaestro