OK, bought Vegas Movie Studio 16 Suite today. Tried to install on computer #1. It extracts the installation program then I *assume* it tries to download newest version from server. It just sits and spins, and then goes to a "pause" icon. I hit continue and same thing happens. I restart program, same thing. Sometimes I get a very very slow progress(like 4 hours) but most of the time nothing. I even tried downloading the program from Vegas site directly, same thing happens. AT one point I actually got a 100% status because I did it one program at a time but when I tried opening program it gave me a chance to enter Serial # then froze and could never get it back.
I then tried it on computer #2...SAME EXACT THING.
1) I turned off virus software and firewall
2) I tried "safe boot with networking"
3) I tried running as ADMIN and using compatibility mode
4) BOTH computers meet requirements
5) I opened task manager to monitor network traffic and it is ZERO when it tries to download. SO its not communicating
Is it possible their server is down? Or am I missing something. I have NEVER had an issue like this with any program in the past.
Thanks in advance.