My video files and chapter markers come from VideoReDo.
I ended up just pasting each entry from the delimited text file into the timer on the timeline in DVDA, pressing enter, then adding a marker. It wasn't as fast as importing the list but it wasn't so bad. It would have been better though if I could have used right-click paste in the timer field.
Here is what I do:
1) Import the raw file into VRD. Run Quickstream Fix (important).
2) Run the ad removal tool. Save as .vob (so the AC3 audio will show up in Vegas.
3) Import the new .vob into Vegas. Match Project to Media Properties (do you know how to do this?)
4) Import your marker list, or create and name your markers in Vegas (edited).
5) Smart-Render your video in Vegas, starting with the DVD Architect template (do you know how to do this?). Check the Save Markers in file option.
6) Render your AC3 audio to a separate file in Vegas (don't ask why just yet).
7) Pull the video into the DVD Architect menu pane. The audio will follow.
8) The media markers show up as chapters on the DVDA timeline. Author, prepare, and burn as you normally would.
It seems like a lot of steps, but goes very fast. I regularly go from raw 2 hr. program to burned disc in an hour flat.
I sometimes do additional editing, audio normalization, sharpening or title fades. That's the only reason really. I also wanted to propose an alternative to doing the chapter markers in DVDA, which the OP seems to want to avoid.
I discovered straightaway that the Chapter List from VideoRedo imports directly into the Vegas Edit Details.
Just set the VRD prefs to save the markers on completion, and make sure the timecode format is set the same as your Vegas Project (time+frames). Works seamlessly with the method I posted above (importing your marker list in step 4), and you have your chapters already there when you get to DVDA.
BTW, thanks for motivating me to look into this. I'll probably be using the markers from VRD a lot now.
i want to burn a project i created with Sony Vegas, using DVD Architect. After Rendering, going to Preparing, i get a screen saying: Please insert chapter marker in the title "My project name' between "00:28:17.696' and 00:56:46.737;.
i went back to project in Sony Vegas and inserted a chapter, using new project in Architect, but the same happened.
this is the first time in 9 years using Vegas i get this command. how do i do this and why all of a sudden.