Just upgraded today... little did I know I was upgraded to Vegas 19??

RyanW wrote on 9/26/2022, 12:49 PM

SO, I just upgraded Vegas in the last hour. I thought, ok it's been a while I should get the latest version.
I followed the upgrade prompts from the promo email I received, and finished the purchase.
What the hell? I have Vegas 19 when Vegas 20 is already available.
I have been using Vegas since V14.. and this is it.. I'm switching to BM. I'm done.
Why would you promote sales of your past version... How do I cancel? revert?
I hate this.

Comments

RogerS wrote on 9/26/2022, 12:52 PM

There was a promo email for people who didn't upgrade for years to jump to 19 for very cheap.

20 is also an option through the website but costs more.

Personally I have both but use 19 as it's more stable for me. 20 was just released and hasn't yet had a patch.

RyanW wrote on 9/26/2022, 1:38 PM

I found that very misleading. It was presented as a full upgrade. Hopefully, Magix honours my request to cancel/refund my order. I moved from Pro to Post, so the cost seemed in-line with previous upgrades.
As I sit here I am viewing Resolve / Fusion tutorials, LOL

Seb-o wrote on 9/26/2022, 2:06 PM

I found that very misleading. It was presented as a full upgrade. Hopefully, Magix honours my request to cancel/refund my order. I moved from Pro to Post, so the cost seemed in-line with previous upgrades.
As I sit here I am viewing Resolve / Fusion tutorials, LOL

You got V19 Post, which is more expensive, obviously, as it contains FX Home Hiftilm and Imerge, (Vegas Effects and Vegas Image) So it is a very good deal. That said, a refund of this sort is NEVER a problem, this company, MAGIX, is the most responsive, flexible and honerable I've ever dealt with,

You're just one more example of someone who LIKES Vegas, (maybe loves?) but doesn't like aspects (like slowness, instablity perhaps?) and seeks other options, whereas you would NOT seek those if MAGIX would losen the purse strings and INVEST in what is a superlative platform that has some REAL problems ONLY money will fix (robust rewrite). They seem to never be able to GET that. (Cognitive disconnect?) 90% of users, current or potential, don't give a rat's behind about, e.g., AI features, cute as they might be. Love letter to MAGIX (Mini rant?) concluded.

RogerS wrote on 9/26/2022, 2:41 PM

What is misleading? You got 19 POST for $199? Was it that you didn't realize there was a newer version out? Normal upgrade cost is $299.

vkmast wrote on 9/26/2022, 3:03 PM

https://www.magix.com/int/terms-and-conditions/

§ 3 CONSUMER CANCELLATION POLICY REGARDING DISTANCE SALES CONTRACTS

Only for consumers who are habitually resident in a state that is a member of the EU or the EEA, this § 3 applies.