Newblue Pro Titler "under crawl" - where is it?

wbtczn wrote on 12/10/2011, 11:19 PM
I know I've seen a video recently describing the under crawl...otherwise known as the "Star Wars effect" where the words start large and as they scroll up the screen that get small. I can't find it in the Newblue Pro Titler. Is it an additional thing that has to be purchased, or am I just missing it?

Comments

Leee wrote on 12/11/2011, 2:38 AM
If you look in the (NewBlue Titler Pro) Library tab under Effects>Star Crawl, there are several presets that will give you the "Star Wars effect". It looks even better if you find the right Star Wars font to go with it, like some of these: http://www.fontspace.com/category/Star+Wars
wbtczn wrote on 12/12/2011, 5:16 PM
Thanks Leee. I'll bet I looked in there 10 times and glanced right over the top of it!
Leee wrote on 12/12/2011, 6:43 PM
Your welcome. And I've done the same things many times. My trouble is, at my age (a ripe old 49) that if I figure something out, it's sometimes a struggle to remember it the next day! LOL!
WillemT wrote on 12/13/2011, 3:51 AM
Good heavens Leee, what are you younsters going to do when you get on a bit? Say, in another 20 years?

Just having a bit of fun:)

Willem.
vkmast wrote on 12/13/2011, 4:32 AM
Willem,
reading forums and having fun, some of the time :). Still have 5 to go up to that 20, though...
WillemT wrote on 12/13/2011, 4:49 AM
vkmast, you are getting there:) A bit frightening how short those 5 years are.

Willem.
Leee wrote on 12/14/2011, 4:26 AM
I aspire to be a grouchy old man. I'm just getting a head start.
"Hey you punk a** kids, turn down that noise you call music!"
wbtczn wrote on 12/26/2011, 9:11 PM
Now for the big question....how do I use it? I'm hacking my way all over it, and can't get it to come out right. First, I seem to keep getting it on the whole video track instead of on certain text. I got past that and got into it, but had a hard time editing the words I want because the box I type into won't scroll. Then I decided to change the font color, and I can't seem to do that after the fact. Lastly, the words start in the middle of the screen and the bottom of the scroll ends in the middle of the screen. I expected it to be a blank screen, flowing from the bottom all the way to the top and eventually being blank again.

I've done a lot of searches on the net looking for a video that walks me through this, but can't find what I'm looking for.
jetdv wrote on 1/5/2012, 9:24 AM
If you wish to start a help ticket at newbluefx.com I'll try to help you achieve the results you're looking for. Basically it all depends on the preset you choose. If you choose one of the "star crawl" presets, yes they start in the middle and they emulate the "star wars" intro. If you choose one of the "roll and crawl" presets, they do start and end off the screen.