Not possible to Keyframe "Levels" in VegasPro 13??

earthrisers wrote on 11/20/2015, 8:26 AM
In earlier versions of Vegas Pro, I often used keyframes on my timeline. I know that I used to be able to keyframe Levels in a video track timeline. In Vegas 13, I've added Sony Levels as an FX on my video timeline, but it seems not to be possible to keyframe the levels. I've tried two ways:
(1)I place the cursor in the "Levels" band at the bottom of the timeline, at the point in time where I want to add a keyframe, and I right-click and select "add point". Nothing happens.
(2)I look for a keyframe timeline (or an "Animate" button) at the bottom of the FX window where my Level settings are shown. But there's no keyframe timeline, and no Animate button.

It seems to be possible to keyframe some other FX -- but not Levels.
Did the ability to keyframe Levels go away in SVP13???

Comments

Former user wrote on 11/20/2015, 8:50 AM
If you just want to control the video level: Insert / Video Envelope / Track Composite Level
earthrisers wrote on 11/20/2015, 8:55 AM
Thank you, but what I want to do is control the relative levels of lights and darks within a scene, which Levels allows. levels still works properly, but it's apparently not possible to keyframe it anymore.
Marco. wrote on 11/20/2015, 8:56 AM
You can (have to) control keyframing for each single parameter of the fx, not for the whole fx.
vkmast wrote on 11/20/2015, 8:57 AM
That "elusive" clock Animate button again.
earthrisers wrote on 11/20/2015, 9:03 AM
Yes I know I have to control each parameter. It used to be possible to keyframe all that. But now I find I cannot add any keyframe points to my timeline or in the Levels window.
vkmast wrote on 11/20/2015, 9:06 AM
Can you find and click the clock-like buttons ??
earthrisers wrote on 11/20/2015, 9:07 AM
Thank you. I finally found an earlier discussion of this, and I think those "clocks" are probably what I'm looking for. I'm on my iPad right now, but I'll look into those clock thingies when I go back to my editing system.
deusx wrote on 11/21/2015, 1:00 AM
Download Fusion, everything there is, and there is far more than in Vegas, can be animated.