Comments

3POINT wrote on 3/30/2017, 3:02 PM

Is a "try before you buy" available?

glovercover wrote on 3/31/2017, 5:39 PM

Is a "try before you buy" available?

+

JohnnyRoy wrote on 5/29/2017, 9:14 AM

The software does allow for a 30-day free trial just like Vegas Pro. It is fully functional for 30 days with no limit of any kind.

~jr

3POINT wrote on 5/29/2017, 2:19 PM

Johnny, do you have link for us for that free trial?

JohnnyRoy wrote on 5/29/2017, 3:51 PM

You would have to ask MAGIX. Production Assistant Pro is their product and they need to provide the link. We (VASST) don't sell it or host downloads to it. I suggest you contact their customer support about it.

~jr

marvin-bush wrote on 6/1/2017, 12:41 PM

I called the Vegas Service Center and asked if there is a download link for a trial of the Production Assistant. The Service Center told me that the Production Assistant was developed  by a third party and the trial option was not offered.

JohnnyRoy wrote on 6/2/2017, 12:27 PM

I called the Vegas Service Center and asked if there is a download link for a trial of the Production Assistant. The Service Center told me that the Production Assistant was developed  by a third party and the trial option was not offered.

Well... they are misinformed. I am the third party that developed Production Assistant and I can assure you that it works with a 30-day free trial just like Vegas Pro does. I will try and let them know from my end.

~jr

marvin-bush wrote on 6/3/2017, 7:42 AM

Thanks JR, your efforts are appreciated.

rlhess wrote on 7/9/2017, 8:29 PM

Does Production Assistant work with the Pro-Edit version of Vegas Pro? That's the $399 CAD version.

Will it output each chapter as a separate video file?

Thanks!

Richard -- thinking of upgrading from Movie Edit Pro which can't do that, or is there scripting in that as well?

JohnnyRoy wrote on 7/10/2017, 12:49 PM

Does Production Assistant work with the Pro-Edit version of Vegas Pro? That's the $399 CAD version.

Yes, Production Assistant Pro 3.0 works with MAGIX Vegas Pro 14. Production Assistant 2.0 works with MAGIX Vegas Pro 13 and previous versions of Sony Vegas Pro.

Will it output each chapter as a separate video file?

No, it does not. You could use VASST Render Assistant to do that.

Richard -- thinking of upgrading from Movie Edit Pro which can't do that, or is there scripting in that as well?

You could upgrade to Movie Studio and use VASST Render Assistant. You don't have to go all the way to Pro-Edit unless there are other reasons that you want to upgrade.

~jr

vkmast wrote on 7/10/2017, 1:14 PM
You could upgrade to Movie Studio and use VASST Render Assistant.

~jr

jr, are VASST FasstApps now compatible with MS versions 14?

JohnnyRoy wrote on 7/10/2017, 2:19 PM

Soon... working on it. ;-)

~jr

don-c wrote on 7/29/2017, 8:50 PM

Sir John, Is Ultimate S4.2 still available? and is it going to be compatible with VP15? Also the same questions for Scattershot? They say purchase through Sony?

Thank U

Don.c

JohnnyRoy wrote on 7/30/2017, 12:50 PM

Sir John, Is Ultimate S4.2 still available? ... Also the same questions for Scattershot? They say purchase through Sony?

@don-c Due to the sale of Sony Vegas Pro to MAGIX and the closing of the Sony Partner Page, VASST currently has no way to sell our plug-ins because Sony was our exclusive distributor. We are working on alternate channels but we have nothing yet. So, none of our plug-ins are currently available. :(

and is it going to be compatible with VP15?

I don't know if they will be compatible with Vegas Pro 15 since no testing has been done yet. As long as MAGIX doesn't change anything about the Script API, I don't see why they wouldn't continue to work.

~jr

don-c wrote on 7/30/2017, 9:18 PM

Sir John, I downloaded trials they worked with 14, but if I am understanding correctly, because I am not a prior owner, I am wasting my time, at this point? So may I request Make a NEW SCATTERSHOT call it PicturEsque for VP15 Please!

stu-in-pittstown wrote on 8/30/2017, 9:12 PM

I have a version of production assistant 2 that I used with vegas pro 13 and it was a very useful product. is there any way that I can get it to appear in vegas pro 15. all the view extension links are blank. thanks much for your help

NickHope wrote on 8/30/2017, 11:07 PM

I have a version of production assistant 2 that I used with vegas pro 13 and it was a very useful product. is there any way that I can get it to appear in vegas pro 15. all the view extension links are blank. thanks much for your help

@JohnnyRoy

JohnnyRoy wrote on 8/31/2017, 6:40 PM

@stu-in-pittstown Production Assistant 2.0 only work with Vegas Pro 13.0 or earlier. Vegas Pro 14 changed the Script API so that all scripts were incompatible. If you want to use Production Assistant with Vegas Pro 14 or 15 you will need to purchase Production Assistant Pro 3.0 from MAGIX. This new version was changed to be compatible with the new Vegas Pro 14/15 versions. You can purchase Production Assistant Pro at the MAGIX web site. I don't know if they have an upgrade offer from version 2.0 but you can certainly ask them.

~jr

karma17 wrote on 10/7/2017, 5:51 AM

So nice to see JohnnyRoy posting in this forum. Such a wealth of knowledge!

huskereurocat wrote on 10/20/2017, 5:34 PM

Soon... working on it. ;-)

~jr

huskereurocat wrote on 10/20/2017, 5:35 PM

Just curious to know if there is any update on this?

JohnnyRoy wrote on 10/21/2017, 7:31 AM

@huskereurocat Working on it still... I ran into a problem in that I previously used some of the Vegas widgets in an attempt to support the darker UI in earlier versions. Unfortunately, I did not use the label widget for text so when VP15 went to the much darker UI, the apps now have black text on a dark grey background which makes them unreadable. So the work is much greater than originally expected with all of the GUI's in 32 plug-ins needing an update. The VP15 and MS14 versions will be released together so all of this work is dependent on the massive UI changes due to VP15's darker look. :( (in hind site I should have just used the default Windows widgets and everything would have been fine although a lot brighter)

~jr

3dbproductions wrote on 10/30/2017, 4:09 PM

I have used Production Assistant 2 on Vegas 13 (and earlier versions) for a while. Is Production Assistant Pro basically the same thing but will work on Vegas 14/15? I am considering an upgrade to Vegas 15, but want to make sure my workflow will continue to function.

Also, I have seen in this thread some comments about a trial version of PA-Pro, but cannot seem to find a link to that anywhere. In fact, there is really no easy way to find PA-Pro for purchase on the Magix site. I did find a link through the vegascreativesoftware.com site. Is there an upgrade price from PA-2? Why is this seem so hard?

JohnnyRoy wrote on 10/30/2017, 9:01 PM

I have used Production Assistant 2 on Vegas 13 (and earlier versions) for a while. Is Production Assistant Pro basically the same thing but will work on Vegas 14/15? I am considering an upgrade to Vegas 15, but want to make sure my workflow will continue to function.

@3dbproductions Yes, Production Assistant Pro 3.0 is the same functionality as Production Assistant 2 updated to work with Vegas Pro 14 and 15 which required Script API changes in order for it to work properly with the new MAGIX API. Your workflow should be identical as it was before.

Also, I have seen in this thread some comments about a trial version of PA-Pro, but cannot seem to find a link to that anywhere.

I'm not sure why MAGIX is not offering a trial link but the software does have a built-in 30-day trial just like Vegas Pro. If you send an email to support [at] vasst (dot) com we will get you a link.

In fact, there is really no easy way to find PA-Pro for purchase on the Magix site. I did find a link through the vegascreativesoftware.com site. Is there an upgrade price from PA-2? Why is this seem so hard?

I'm not sure why MAGIX is not offering an upgrade price. We will have to get with them to find out. The product page for Production Assistant Pro is here: http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-production-assistant-pro/

~jr