Comments

vkmast wrote on 8/15/2021, 11:34 AM

The current MAGIX Terms and Conditions are linked in this comment. If you're denied the refund, try and see if "a charge back through the credit card provider" (or PayPal) would work.

Gary-Owen wrote on 8/16/2021, 4:00 AM

If you look down the bottom of your order confirmation for Movie Studio 18, you will see a link for getting a refund. It will take you to a page where you can download a pdf. I printed that off and filled it in. You can e-mail it to shop.magix.net which I did by replying to the order confirmation. I got confirmation of the refund the next working day.

vkmast wrote on 8/16/2021, 6:49 AM

Thanks @Gary-Owen. Please note that the correct email address is shop@magix.net (as advised in the MAGIX T&Cs).

K_T wrote on 9/8/2021, 8:37 PM

what a scam with MAGIX, dumping a completely different editing program onto users of Vegas Movie Studio by calling it an upgrade to Movie Studio 18. this kind of dishonest activity suggest that the company is under corrupt management. it doesn't look good for the future of their products which is unfortunate as i liked VMS. looking into Premiere and Resolve now.

Reyfox wrote on 9/14/2021, 4:21 PM

@K_T let's see.... Premiere is subscription, Resolve has high hardware requirements and a steep learning curve.... or you could have upgraded to Vegas Pro.....which would still cost you less than either Premiere or Resolve Studio. Oh, the free version of Resolve is available, but that learning curve and hardware requirement is still steep. If it floats your ship, go for it!

Last changed by Reyfox on 9/14/2021, 4:22 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Newbie😁

Vegas Post 365 (Currently VP21)

Win 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

K_T wrote on 9/15/2021, 3:55 AM

actually have the last version of Premiere prior to subscription. as for Magix, they still haven't refunded my MSP17 upgrade (actually a downgrade as it won't handle ProRes while MSP15 did fine) payment, yet another dishonest move on their part...

Reyfox wrote on 9/15/2021, 4:04 AM

It's been a rough year for the VMS users. Knowing that their editing software is at it's end, and then this.....

There is a saying in the States... "Buyer beware...".