Sample Video

Daybreak wrote on 1/27/2019, 3:45 PM

I opened a trial version of Movie Studio which came complete with little clips of a squirrel and all sorts of things. I couldn't figure out how to plan the video though I could see the clips on the timeline. I pressed a button trying to figure out which was "play" and it all disappeared. Is there any way to get it back? Would be helpful in walking through the trial with a sample there.

Comments

j-v wrote on 1/27/2019, 4:09 PM

If playing of the sample file (project) is unknown or too difficult for you I think it's better to go to the Help menu and choose "Show Me How" or to the button beneath the Help menu that says "Show Me How".

Daybreak wrote on 1/27/2019, 4:19 PM

I found the play button. But the project itself seems to have disappeared so there is nothing to play now.

vkmast wrote on 1/27/2019, 4:21 PM

If you mean the Sample Project, use Project > Add media... to find and open welcome.vf here:

C:\ProgramData\VEGAS\Movie Studio Platinum\15.0\SampleProject

or (if you have the basic version)

C:\ProgramData\VEGAS\Movie Studio\15.0\SampleProject

As j-v advised, you should also go through the tutorials in Show Me How.

Daybreak wrote on 1/27/2019, 5:38 PM

Wow. That was saved in a weird way. And it had to be opened a certain way for me to even get to welcome.vf. It took me a while to randomly get it to open again. I have now opened it and saved it to my desktop because I honestly don't know if I'll find it again where it is.

Thank you, vkmast and j-v, so I knew it existed and I wasn't losing my mind and the file did actually exist.

joana-m69 wrote on 2/5/2019, 12:50 PM

hi,
I would like to create this media type (multiple files [*.PNG]  based on the timcode in Project. As in the directory ...\SampleProject\ how)?

I don’t find in tutorials or forums

please help

j-v wrote on 2/5/2019, 1:33 PM

@joana-m69

Don't steal the OP of another member but make your own post.
Now you gave a comment to the OP.

joana-m69 wrote on 2/5/2019, 2:25 PM

sorry 😀