Serial number for Vegas DVD architect

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/1/2020, 7:23 PM

I had acquired Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum as part of an Intel promotion on purchase of a new laptop. The software package included MAGIX Music Maker and PC Tune In. It also included VEGAS DVD architect. All of these have been successfully downloaded and installed on my machine. I have managed to use each item with no problem except that of the DVD architect 7 (Version 2020.006.20042) which requires me to enter a serial number and I didn't get one for it, despite it being downloaded as one along with the others.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 5/2/2020, 4:10 AM

You should have got all the necessary serial numbers with your purchase from the supplier in e.g. an order confirmation email or with the box. Check your email spam folder if you haven't found such an email. You probably need to find a way to get in touch with the party you sent the promotion voucher (or similar) to.

Indranil-Banerjie wrote on 5/2/2020, 4:28 AM

What does the Movie Studio Suite 17 contain?

The installer downloads Movie Sutdio Platinum 17, DVD Architect and the FX plug-in besides Music Maker and PC Tune-up. The DVD architect does not show up in the start menu (windows 10) and there are no serials provided in the email for Music Maker or PC Tune up. Are these part of the suite or not? If not why does thye installer download them?

EricLNZ wrote on 5/2/2020, 7:23 AM

If you purchased your VMS17 suite from Magix your confirmation email should contain all the serial numbers. Check your spam folder if you didn't get it or if you got it scroll down to check you haven't missed seeing it (yes it has happened).

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/2/2020, 9:56 AM

The Vegas MS 16 came as part of a bundle of free software with a qualifying Intel purchase. I downloaded it from the Intel website, as far as I'm aware. As part of the download, I then installed five separate items, which included two Vegas items and two MAGIX items. All of these, except the DVD architect, I have managed to use.

It seems that MAGIX has taken over Vegas products of 2017 or at least that when it shows as being registered. I have bought Vegas software in the past and the two top items show as being registered in 2017 despite the fact I had registered them quite some time before that (2008, I think).

Anyway, I have been through my emails for the account I used for it and have not found any mention of the relevant serial number. I don't believe I was even sent one in the first place. I probably didn't register Architect 8 immediately as I had little cause to use it back then.

I have in fact been in contact with Intel via email for ever a week prior to this and they ended up pointing me to contact MAGIX. I can't find any contact email for MAGIX and I can only assume they either don't have one or they are unwilling to disclose it.

vkmast wrote on 5/2/2020, 10:01 AM

Try infoservice@magix.net or go through "Support New" at the top of this page (Advice here).

https://www.magix.com/int/support/customer-service/ (Purchase consultation contact).

@Iain-Barnwell

P.S. "Architect 8" ?