Serial number for Vegas DVD architect

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/1/2020, 7:23 PM

I had acquired Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum as part of an Intel promotion on purchase of a new laptop. The software package included MAGIX Music Maker and PC Tune In. It also included VEGAS DVD architect. All of these have been successfully downloaded and installed on my machine. I have managed to use each item with no problem except that of the DVD architect 7 (Version 2020.006.20042) which requires me to enter a serial number and I didn't get one for it, despite it being downloaded as one along with the others.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 5/2/2020, 4:10 AM

You should have got all the necessary serial numbers with your purchase from the supplier in e.g. an order confirmation email or with the box. Check your email spam folder if you haven't found such an email. You probably need to find a way to get in touch with the party you sent the promotion voucher (or similar) to.

Indranil-Banerjie wrote on 5/2/2020, 4:28 AM

What does the Movie Studio Suite 17 contain?

The installer downloads Movie Sutdio Platinum 17, DVD Architect and the FX plug-in besides Music Maker and PC Tune-up. The DVD architect does not show up in the start menu (windows 10) and there are no serials provided in the email for Music Maker or PC Tune up. Are these part of the suite or not? If not why does thye installer download them?

EricLNZ wrote on 5/2/2020, 7:23 AM

If you purchased your VMS17 suite from Magix your confirmation email should contain all the serial numbers. Check your spam folder if you didn't get it or if you got it scroll down to check you haven't missed seeing it (yes it has happened).

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/2/2020, 9:56 AM

The Vegas MS 16 came as part of a bundle of free software with a qualifying Intel purchase. I downloaded it from the Intel website, as far as I'm aware. As part of the download, I then installed five separate items, which included two Vegas items and two MAGIX items. All of these, except the DVD architect, I have managed to use.

It seems that MAGIX has taken over Vegas products of 2017 or at least that when it shows as being registered. I have bought Vegas software in the past and the two top items show as being registered in 2017 despite the fact I had registered them quite some time before that (2008, I think).

Anyway, I have been through my emails for the account I used for it and have not found any mention of the relevant serial number. I don't believe I was even sent one in the first place. I probably didn't register Architect 8 immediately as I had little cause to use it back then.

I have in fact been in contact with Intel via email for ever a week prior to this and they ended up pointing me to contact MAGIX. I can't find any contact email for MAGIX and I can only assume they either don't have one or they are unwilling to disclose it.

vkmast wrote on 5/2/2020, 10:01 AM

Try infoservice@magix.net or go through "Support New" at the top of this page (Advice here).

https://www.magix.com/int/support/customer-service/ (Purchase consultation contact).

@Iain-Barnwell

P.S. "Architect 8" ?

John-Banta wrote on 8/7/2020, 1:36 AM

I am having the same issue with DVD Architect. I purchased Movie Studio Platinum from Best Buy in the USA. The back of the box indicates that DVD Architect is included with the Platinum version. I spent extra to get the Platinum version because I wanted DVD Architect as well. I did receive an email with serial numbers, but it did not include a serial number for DVD Architect. It was downloaded and installed as part of the Movie Studio install. I have a ticket into customer service, but interested if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it? Thanks

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 8/7/2020, 6:09 AM

I am having the same issue with DVD Architect. I purchased Movie Studio Platinum from Best Buy in the USA. The back of the box indicates that DVD Architect is included with the Platinum version. I spent extra to get the Platinum version because I wanted DVD Architect as well. I did receive an email with serial numbers, but it did not include a serial number for DVD Architect. It was downloaded and installed as part of the Movie Studio install. I have a ticket into customer service, but interested if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it? Thanks

Best you can do is to email their customer service and explain your situation and they should provide you with the serial number. This worked for me.

PaulQ wrote on 8/10/2020, 12:24 PM

I purchased and downloaded ALL the checked products for VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum directly from the Magix website. These downloads included Music Maker, PC Tune, etc., and DVD Architect 7. When trying to open DVD Architect 7 and entering the serial number for the VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum, I encountered the Error -14  that explained that this serial number was for a different product. The response to me from Magix Customer Service USA on 10-Aug-2020:  "Hello, Unfortunately the VEGAS DVD Architect is not a part of the VEGAS Movie Studio 17. Best regards". Apparently, their product purchase download site includes cramware installs for major applications that are NOT included in the VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum edition that cannot be registered.

vkmast wrote on 8/10/2020, 1:21 PM

VEGAS DVD Architect ("7") is not bundled any more with the MS Platinum 17 purchase (or other versions where it was bundled before). The change happened some time late July/ early August. But if you bought it not later than July 28 when the previous special offer ended, you might ask MAGIX Customer Service again.

VEGASDerek wrote on 8/10/2020, 2:48 PM

@PaulQ: When exactly did you purchase Movie Studio 17 Platinum?

PaulQ wrote on 8/12/2020, 5:23 AM

VEGASDerek - Movie Studio 17 Platinum was purchased/downloaded on 10-Aug-2020.

vkmast- Thanks for your  DVD Architect 7 is not bundled any more with the Movie Studio 17 Platinum purchase, sometime in late July/early August advisory. One would think that Magix's download and install package for Studio Platinum 17 would NOT include any these unregisterable product installations on your PC. I will uninstall these "dead in the water", used to be a special offer, but sorry, oops!, now expired products.

reh wrote on 8/13/2020, 12:43 PM

I have a similar issue. Will contact support as well. it is wrong to set the expectation and then abandon the customer.

PaulQ wrote on 8/13/2020, 9:48 PM

reh - Agree and Best Wishes. I will continue to use the DVD Architect 5 app that was included with my past purchase of Sony's Vegas Movie Studio 11 HD Platinum package. Pulling DVD Architect, late July/early Aug 2020, according to vkmast above, from Studio 17 Platinum is a sign that MAGIX will probably be dropping any future builds of Architect. I will look elsewhere. Latest bit of humor I find in the community is the ongoing discussion of the special upgrade offer price from Studio 17 to 18. Oops again! Having a moderator link an upset customer to a MAGIX legal notice page is not a good sign.

vkmast wrote on 8/14/2020, 2:17 AM

@PaulQ the legal notice page link from me was a FYI. Disclaimers are not uncommon in "small print".

And you probably noticed this comment of mine from August 3, 2020 then as well:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/no-longer-supported--122756/#ca764144

Quote: "It [DVD Architect] is no more included with either VEGAS Pro/ Pro Suite or VMS Platinum/ Suite AFAIK."

Note also the VEGAS team has been pretty clear on the forum about any further development. Please see e.g.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/support--122901/#ca765408

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/no-dvd-architect-with-vegas-pro-18--122836/#ca765412

See also the comment/opinion from another long-time user and contributor to these forums:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvda-development--123071/#ca766904

PaulQ wrote on 8/14/2020, 6:52 PM

@vkmast - Thanks for the informative links to other threads re: DVD Architect bundling discontinued (except, in my case as a trial version) and to VEGASDerek's 14-Aug-2020 post providing rationale on its dwindling use/value given the small available MAGIX development team that's now focused on VEGAS Pro/Movie Studio [18].