Should I update from build 341 to build 381?

True-H wrote on 11/2/2021, 5:54 PM

My Vegas Pro 19 (build 341) is stable and working fine. But everytime I open Vegas I get message asking me to update to build 381. Since I am editing a project and not facing any specific problem, should I update now or wait until I finish and deliver my project? I am concerned that if I updat now I might face stability problems when working with current project.

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:00 PM

With the update prompt window, click on the 'New in this update' link (bottom LH corner of the prompt window) and see if any of the updates/fixes would be applicable to you. If you do install b381 and run into problems, it is always possible to uninstall b381 and reinstall b341.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

vkmast wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:03 PM

VP 19 build 381 new features and bug fixes are listed here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-19-update-1-build-381-vegas-effects-3-update-1--131678/

True-H wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:07 PM

I checked the list of bug fixes and new featurs but I still not sure if I should update now or later after I finish my current project

 

So as a best practice shoudl I wait?

EricLNZ wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:10 PM

I checked the list of bug fixes and new featurs but I still not sure if I should update now or later after I finish my current project

It's a matter of personal choice. Personally I'd play safe and finish current projects assuming you are not having problems. Then update. But the decision is yours.

vkmast wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:24 PM

Usually recommended not to update until the current project is finished if you don't have issues as @EricLNZ says.

True-H wrote on 11/2/2021, 7:00 PM

Ok thanks people ....  I will play safe and finish my current project first.

RogerS wrote on 11/3/2021, 3:17 AM

If you have no problems with 341 you probably won't notice any difference good or bad with 381. If it's an important project just finish it and update- who knows maybe another update will be out by that time.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark: https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark: https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

True-H wrote on 11/3/2021, 9:50 AM

If you have no problems with 341 you probably won't notice any difference good or bad with 381. If it's an important project just finish it and update- who knows maybe another update will be out by that time.

Yes the project is important. I will update after I finish the project then share my expreince if I face problems.