Comments

FayFen wrote on 5/29/2020, 12:27 PM

And in the help file

vkmast wrote on 5/29/2020, 12:32 PM

Or do you mean zooming in?

georgiaguy wrote on 5/29/2020, 12:54 PM

Or do you mean zooming in?

Yes zooming in to enlarge changes / markers in the audio track is the main issue.

georgiaguy wrote on 6/1/2020, 4:15 AM

I'm assuming the answer is no.

vkmast wrote on 6/1/2020, 4:47 AM

Did you try to zoom in?

georgiaguy wrote on 6/1/2020, 5:38 AM

Did you try to zoom in?

Sorry......... yes. I threw up a clip to show with audio adjustment points. This is full screen on a 27" monitor. The LINES and marks are so small it's crazy.

steve-quinney wrote on 6/1/2020, 5:55 AM

Can you not just select the clip and zoom in with the mouse wheel? Works on mine.

EricLNZ wrote on 6/1/2020, 6:07 AM

@georgiaguy Are you using a 4K monitor?

vkmast wrote on 6/1/2020, 6:25 AM

The OP was directed to this link and @FayFen's video link re track heights and they did not help him.

georgiaguy wrote on 6/1/2020, 6:40 AM

Can you not just select the clip and zoom in with the mouse wheel? Works on mine.

That will increase the width and height of the track but does not increase the size of the lines / edit edit points.

FayFen wrote on 6/1/2020, 9:30 AM

The op looks for BOLD marking

georgiaguy wrote on 6/1/2020, 5:32 PM

The op looks for BOLD marking

Can't find that... any help?

cris wrote on 6/2/2020, 6:41 AM

If you mean the size of the handles, grabbing points etc: I don't think so.

Even resizing the tracks won't change their size. So the finer the resolution, the harder they are too see and grab.

It's common to practically all software I know of, which makes use of the "grab point" metaphor (I use DAWs, other NLEs, CADs.. all the same!).

And I agree, it's not a dealbreaker but it is extremely annoying.

It seems no programmer thinks about these things - one should be able to customize the size of these dots etc, but I don't know of any software that do. The reason, I suspect, is that many of these software packages were born in times when 1024x768 on VGA was a serious high end resolution. 😂

Maybe a suggestion for the Movie Studio team? At least make the size of handles and dots a function of the resolution and DPI. Shouldn't be a crazy hard thing to implement, and would give MS a boost over practically any other software!

georgiaguy wrote on 6/2/2020, 7:05 AM

If you mean the size of the handles, grabbing points etc: I don't think so.

Even resizing the tracks won't change their size. So the finer the resolution, the harder they are too see and grab.

It's common to practically all software I know of, which makes use of the "grab point" metaphor (I use DAWs, other NLEs, CADs.. all the same!).

And I agree, it's not a dealbreaker but it is extremely annoying.

It seems no programmer thinks about these things - one should be able to customize the size of these dots etc, but I don't know of any software that do. The reason, I suspect, is that many of these software packages were born in times when 1024x768 on VGA was a serious high end resolution. 😂

Maybe a suggestion for the Movie Studio team? At least make the size of handles and dots a function of the resolution and DPI. Shouldn't be a crazy hard thing to implement, and would give MS a boost over practically any other software!

Well said...... thanks

KenB wrote on 6/2/2020, 7:43 AM

One thing you can do is change the track colour (right-click in the track header). I find light green, for example, makes it much easier to see the audio envelope and points. It doesn't make them bigger, but it makes them easier to see.

Ken.

Vegas Pro 18.0 (Build 284)
CPU: Intel Core (4th gen) i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz (HD Graphics 4600 - driver 15.40.46.5144)
Memory: 32GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER - driver 452.06
Monitor: 1920x1080x32

KenB wrote on 6/2/2020, 8:13 AM

Also, have you tried selecting the Envelope Editing Tool at the bottom of the screen? When that is selected your cursor will ONLY affect envelopes, and you won't accidentally move events or do other things if you don't quite manage to click on the envelope line or points.

Lastly, check out the Keyboard Shortcuts under the Help menu and search (click in the help text and press Ctrl+F to search) for "envelope point". There are several shortcuts there to help with editing points (once you can find them to click on them!). For example, holding Alt while dragging a point will constrain it to move only horizontally (i.e. it will move along the timeline while maintaining the current value), and holding Ctrl+Alt while dragging a point will constrain it to move only vertically (i.e. changing the value without moving it along the timeline).

Ken.

Vegas Pro 18.0 (Build 284)
CPU: Intel Core (4th gen) i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz (HD Graphics 4600 - driver 15.40.46.5144)
Memory: 32GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER - driver 452.06
Monitor: 1920x1080x32