Update from Vegas Pro 13 to Vegas Pro 21 many things have changed

claus-wolter wrote on 9/26/2023, 12:34 AM

When I open my Vegas Pro 13 files in Vegas Pro 21, there are no FX in the tracks! That means that all my old tracks is without EQ - Compressor - Reverb - and other fine produced FX. Is there a way to recall these things? It will help me a lot to know, how to get my old projects complete! The Vegas Pro 21 Update is: vegasprosuite21_dlm_47zge9

Comments

NickHope wrote on 9/26/2023, 6:59 AM

If you mean native Vegas effects such as Track EQ and Track Compressor, it's unusual that those would not automatically remain in your project in any later version of Vegas.

If you mean 3rd party VST plugins, then make sure the folder containing your VST plugins is listed in the "VST search folders" section of Options > Preferences > VST Effects (and that all their boxes are checked).

rraud wrote on 9/26/2023, 9:07 AM

Most FX plug-ins from VP-9 (and 16) open in VP-21 even from different PCs with an older OS. The plug-ins that do not open are non-compatible 32 bit or the path is different.
Specifically, which plug-ins do not open?

btw, welcome to the Magix Vegas Pro users community @claus-wolter.

claus-wolter wrote on 9/27/2023, 1:07 AM

Thanks for your interest and very fast answers. The plugs I have used is Track EQ, Track Compressor and Reverb (Sony). I don't understand that they doesn't show up in VP -21 ??? Can anyone tell me how to try to fix it?? Very pleased with your help.

jetdv wrote on 9/27/2023, 9:04 AM

@claus-wolter, they do, by default, on every new audio track. Here's a new audio track and the default effects given in VEGAS Pro 21.

You might try a full reset of VEGAS - press CTRL-SHIFT and start VEGAS holding CTRL-SHIFT until the dialog appears. Check the "Clear Cache" box and continue on. That will reset VEGAS back to factory defaults.

Reverb is also available but isn't a "default" effect. If you want to post your Vegas 13 VEG file, we can see what effects we see when opening it in VEGAS Pro 21.

rraud wrote on 9/27/2023, 9:45 AM

Hi @claus-wolter, those legacy plug-ins are Direct X, so if you are looking for them as VSTs, they would not show. On my Win 10 PC, VP-21 shows them in the FX chainer folders; All, Vegas and Automatable (Screenshot).

I am not sure if these plug-ins are installed along with Vegas or with Sound Forge and available in Vegas.

claus-wolter wrote on 9/28/2023, 1:14 AM

Just so you know: All the plugins are available in the folders and work as they should when I use them in new projects. My only problem is: they do not show up, when I open my old projects where they use to be. Later I will try a "full reset" (jetdv) and see if it can solve the problem. I am out of office to day. But thanks for all your inputs. I am very pleased that you are with me! :-)

claus-wolter wrote on 10/3/2023, 3:10 AM

After trying to reset Vegas with Ctrl./Shift, there is unfortunately no change - Still No EQ-Comp.-Reverb with settings :-( So I am still rather confused about this! Thanks for your time :-)

vkmast wrote on 10/3/2023, 3:43 AM

Just in case, the full resetting instructions.

@claus-wolter

NickHope wrote on 10/3/2023, 4:23 AM

Track EQ and Track Compressor FX in my Vegas Pro 8 - 13 projects open fine in Vegas Pro 21.

As jetdv suggested, please share your .veg project file on a cloud service (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive etc.) for others here to try. No need to share the actual media used in it.

claus-wolter wrote on 10/14/2023, 2:03 AM

Thanks for all your help! After resetting the program it seems to work as it should. Now the old files comes up with EQ's and Comp.'s and other plugs, as expected! So I am happy for all your help, thanks! Best CW