Comments

NickHope wrote on 10/29/2018, 11:54 PM

Tagging @JohnnyRoy in case this is an issue specific to Ultimate S in VP16.

JohnnyRoy wrote on 11/1/2018, 8:22 PM

Thanks @NickHope

@jkerry What does "show up at the bottom mean?" Can you post a picture. I'm sorry but I don't use Vegas Pro anymore (I've moved to the Mac and use Final Cut Pro X) so I'm not even aware if, nor do I see tabs at the bottom of the window when I bring up Vegas Pro 16.

I haven't changed anything in Ultimate S Pro for Vegas Pro 16 so perhaps MAGIX change the behavior of Command Plug-ins in general? I don't know.

~jr

Bofus wrote on 11/1/2018, 8:32 PM

Seems to work as it did in older versions.

jkerry wrote on 11/1/2018, 8:35 PM

This is what I am trying to get it to do. It shows up in the menu bar at the top but not in the tab area at the bottom. Can not figure out how to get it there.

jkerry wrote on 11/1/2018, 8:37 PM

Thanks @NickHope

@jkerry What does "show up at the bottom mean?" Can you post a picture. I'm sorry but I don't use Vegas Pro anymore (I've moved to the Mac and use Final Cut Pro X) so I'm not even aware if, nor do I see tabs at the bottom of the window when I bring up Vegas Pro 16.

I haven't changed anything in Ultimate S Pro for Vegas Pro 16 so perhaps MAGIX change the behavior of Command Plug-ins in general? I don't know.

~jr

Johnny,

If you look at Bofus post justbelow yours this is what I am looking for it to do.

Jeff

NickHope wrote on 11/1/2018, 10:50 PM

Open the "Help" menu. Choose "Contents and Index". Search "docking". Choose the top result "Window Docking Area and Floating Window Docks". Does it help?

jkerry wrote on 11/2/2018, 6:34 AM

That did not help. Attached is a screen shot.

vkmast wrote on 11/2/2018, 8:40 AM

If I get what you are after, Nick's advice was right. See this thread https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/docking-undocking--112506/ in case there's what you want.

JohnnyRoy wrote on 11/5/2018, 2:35 PM

@jkerry It works for me. Here is a screenshot:

Are you holding down the Control key? MAGIX changed the docking behavior so that you need to hold down the Ctl key to dock a floating window.

~jr

SoundVisions wrote on 11/14/2018, 12:31 AM

Excuse thus amateur hour question:

Are the video FX plugins the same or widely the same collection in "Vegas Pro 16" as opposed to "Vegas Pro Edit"? I am purchasing & can't find a comparison & this was closest forum topic I could find. Audio guy...wont pretend I'm an expert. Thanks of you don't kick me off the forum for this one!

Windows Pro 10 64x; i7 Intel xCore 8th gen 8700K 4.2Ghz; Asus X299 Prime-A; Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB RAM; NH-D15 Cooler; EV3A Supernova 650 G3; Samsung 960 EVO SSD. 5TB; Seagate 4TB HDD; WD 2 TB USB; Startech VIA Firewire; GeForce GTX1050Ti; Waves - WSG Server One; Midex-8; Cubase Pro 9.5/10.0.5; Vegas Pro 16 - 307; Ableton 10; MOTIF XF; TD-30 VDrums; Akai S5000; XR1, Focusrite ClarettPre8; Focusrite Voice Master; Yamaha SPX 900; Allen & Heath Mix Wiz 16; POD X3Pro; Samsung 27" , 22" Samsung, 20" Acer (by kit) monitor... (Waves Platinum /API /Abbeyroad /SSL 4000/ Sig Series Vocals/ VSeries /Scheps Omni Channel / H-Series /PRS SuperModels /Gtr3 /CLA CC / L3 16/ CLA Collection / Maserati /Video Sound Suite /JPP Analog Legends / Kramer Tape Transistors & Transistors / Grand Masters / Renaissance Maxx / Softtube / NuGen/ Bias/ Flux/ Addictive Keys, Inspire Virtual Keyboards)...

NickHope wrote on 11/14/2018, 12:40 AM

@SoundVisions See https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/product-comparison/#productMenu With the non-Edit version you get disc authoring, Boris FX Continuum Lights Unit, and proDAD VitaScene V3LE. The latter 2 aren't guaranteed to work in future versions of Vegas Pro. Everything else is the same.