VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Update (build 127 & build 148)

Comments

vkmast wrote on 2/12/2018, 4:48 PM

Are we going to get codec support for the .265 format soon?

I'd prefer to stick with Sony

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. MS 15 Platinum is expected to be released in the near future.

Note that most of SCS/Sony software including Vegas/ Movie Studio and Acid were acquired by Magix in mid-2016, so the software is developed and published by them, not Sony.

murff wrote on 3/17/2018, 10:50 AM

Long time user of Sony Creative Products. Acid, Sound Forge, and Movie Studio Platinum. I purchased an upgrade to Movie Studio Platinum 14 in November. I'm still unable to install it. ERROR: -2147163964 occurred during installation etc. I created a service ticket. I tried everything that was suggested. Same error. Tech support has quit responding. My very fast PC was purchased new in September of 2017.

Vidguy wrote on 4/10/2018, 8:22 AM

Is 148 the latest version for platinum 14? I have it but I find it is very buggy.. It does not inspire confidence for upgrading. I would expect my version to work properly. I have a fairly decent pc 8 gig of ram dual core.. solid state drive. I also find rendering took about 8 hrs for a 5 min video. That never was the case before.

EricLNZ wrote on 4/10/2018, 10:10 PM

Yes, 148 is the latest update build for Platinum 14.

vkmast wrote on 4/11/2018, 4:01 AM

Build 148 was the latest and last update of VMS 14 Platinum. As for upgrading to VMS 15 Platinum, try before you buy (as always).

Vidguy wrote on 4/11/2018, 7:11 AM

That's a shame. I had to go back to version 13 to get something done. Don't particularly feel like gambling another upgrade only to have them drop the ball midstream. Only to rush out another version.

Peter-Slama wrote on 1/31/2024, 10:27 PM

Hi there would anyone have experience using Delgato' USB2 capture card. Will the digitized S VHS files be in the file format I can drag them into Vegas Movie Studio 14 suite and edit them without any additional conversion? Is there better capture card to work with Movie Studio?

Thank you

EricLNZ wrote on 2/1/2024, 1:16 AM

@Peter-Slama You've not picked a good place to post your enquiry as it's not related to this thread. You would get a better response if you posted in the Vegas Pro section.

But anyway the answer is it depends on the format that it captures to. Looking at the Delgato specs that appears to be H264 video and I'd expect VMS14 Suite to handle it. But without further details it cannot be guaranteed.

Should you purchase and find VMS14 doesn't handle it you could probably convert with free Handbrake to a mp4 file that VMS14 will import.