Comments

vkmast wrote on 7/27/2021, 10:19 AM

There is no such build in VEGAS DVD Architect 7. Build 197 is the latest DVD Architect Studio 5 build AFAIK: VEGAS DVD A 7 is more like Sony DVD A Pro.

Former user wrote on 7/27/2021, 12:36 PM

@vkmast On this download page there is indeed a build 100 sometimes referred to as Version 7
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-where-can-i-download-vegas-pro-and-other-vegas-software--104782/

vkmast wrote on 7/27/2021, 1:53 PM

@Former user yes, as the link you gave shows, VEGAS DVD Architect was always "also known as DVD A 7" including the last build #100. The OP asked if he "should be looking for a build 197 for v7.0 too". I replied "There is no such build in VEGAS DVD Architect 7".

w.c.e.-spykstra wrote on 7/28/2021, 1:52 AM

Ok, thanks very much for your reactions. From the software "about DVD Architect" components tab I see that the fast majority is coded version 7 with release pr build number 100. So I think we can confirm that it is about version 7. I have this build since many years. Saw that this forum discussed 197, which is higher than 100, so I asked whether this build would also apply to version 7. It obviously does not. Alas version 7 of this software appears to be the last version.

I am using is whenever I (have to make) a video disk, although I have other software too. DVDA gives me all the flexibility I need to get the job done. But I have to make sure that the input movie files are adhering strictly to specifications, any deviation that leads to "recompression" as it is called in DVDA might lead to the program aborting. Very annoying. If Sony or Vegas or Magix ever decides to renew this software, they can count on me as a buyer!

EricLNZ wrote on 7/28/2021, 2:59 AM

The "specifications" are set by the Blu-ray/ DVD standards which DVDA complies with.

w.c.e.-spykstra wrote on 7/28/2021, 3:13 AM

Sorry, I was referring to the input specifications. Even if I try to be very precise in defining the output specifications when producing the video-files, I have a high chance that DVDA aborts. I have the best results when I do an after processing using Movie Studio (which is not the main Video Editor I use), to get the DVDA input files right....

EricLNZ wrote on 7/28/2021, 5:59 AM

I was also referring to the input specifications. I've made DVDs and Blu-rays using files produced by several video editors other than VP or VMS. The only files that gave me problems were those produced by the Cassablanca editing system. A 'smart render' with Nero Video fixed their problem as it was something in the file header.

When you say "I try to be very precise in defining the output specifications" perhaps you are being too precise. I would expect the default settings of any editor for DVD and Blu-ray to be compliant.

w.c.e.-spykstra wrote on 7/28/2021, 8:02 AM

Hmm. Maybe you are right. too precise. What I try to do, is avoid remastering of the video files as much as possible. So the input files adhere much to the BR output specs. I usually have about 24-30 small video files in one disk with 3-4 separate menu ages with each their own background. These background turn black sometimes in the end product. I get problems if I don't use VMS produced input files. The program indicates some (memory?) problem after having produced about 15-20 files. This is only with BR, I dont have these problems with DVDs.

w.c.e.-spykstra wrote on 3/12/2023, 8:29 AM

Maybe someone can help. I moved in the meantime to Windows 11. My older pc running with a intel 98xx processor en nvidia 2060 dvd architect 7.0 100 works fine. I moved to a 13900HX processor with NVidia 4060 and DVD architect does not work anymore. give memory leaks, and cannot write file etc. Does anyone of you know to solve this. SO far I have not found a Blu ray editor that can do what I have done for over 10 years now. Thanks!