Comments

vkmast wrote on 6/19/2016, 12:23 PM
Read the post by Chienworks from here

"Vegas' default is to create all the picture events on the timeline as 5 seconds each. 5 seconds x 130 pictures is 10 minutes 50 seconds. Now, there is an easy and simple way to stretch all those pictures out longer all at once. Click on the very first picture. Then right-mouse-button click on it and from the menu that pops up choose "select events to end". They'll all be highlighted. Press G to group them together. Now hold the Ctrl key down and drag the right edge of the last picture to match where the music ends. All the pictures stretch out evenly simultanously. Each slide will now be about 7.36 seconds long."

Adjust the times according to what you have and want.

In Options > Preferences > Editing you can set the "New still image length" (seconds).

But as of version 10, Movie Studio Platinums have the Slideshow Creator (Insert > Slideshow).
The settings have both the Total length and the Time per picture (sec) option.
Don't know if the basic Movie Studios have this.

There's also the inexpensive VASST FasstApps StillMotion plug-in (see Purchase > Partner Products) that has similar settings and more.
It should work in MSP 12, 13, and MS 13.

¹) Note to MAGIX: Don't lose the forum history.
musicvid10 wrote on 6/19/2016, 12:45 PM
Good answer as always, vkmast.

+1

Chienworks wrote on 6/19/2016, 5:02 PM
I was just about to answer this, but apparently i already did. ;)

Thanks vkmast!
UKharrie wrote on 6/22/2016, 7:32 PM
At the back of my mind I think there is a way to set the Timeline to Beats, rather than Frames - could this help OP, I wonder . . . but I forget how it's done as I don't recall ever using it.
I suspect ( but don't Know, evidently)- this may be showing the historic origins as an Audio Editor.

BTW I get Magix emails selling their various Video-Audio products and am quite surprised by the high prices . . . Oh dear.
EricLNZ wrote on 6/22/2016, 8:30 PM
Harrie, do you mean "Measures & Beats" obtainable from the Time Format list which you get when right clicking on the time shown above the track names to the left of the timeline?
vkmast wrote on 6/23/2016, 8:39 AM
The timeline Time ruler displays the time in the format you select.
Read the online help (F1) item Changing the format of the ruler.
Quote:"Measures and Beats: Displays the ruler in measures.beats.ticks, where 64 ticks = 1 beat."
I think the OP asked how to fit slideshow to music.