Video of pool is turquoise/grey, not bright blue

Rick-Shaddock wrote on 9/18/2022, 2:22 PM

The blue water looks fine in the MP4 or WMV source file (I tried both) but on the Video Preview the water is dark and blurry, and in the resulting rendering video, regardless of output format. I tried adjusting the brightness and contrast but can't simply get the original color of the water the man is swimming in.

B - ESSENTIAL INFORMATION

1. VEGAS Version & Build
Vegas Movie Studio 17.0 (Build 178), Magix formerly Sony
Purchased from Magix.com

2. Windows Edition & Version
Windows 10 version 21H2

3. Camera/App that created your footage
The originals look fine, bright blue. Standard MP4 original. I also tried it converted to WMV. But is is dim and gray in Vegas.

4. Your Delivery Destination
MP4

5. Exact symptoms of your problem,
Same dull blue with Classic or Modern viewers
MPC-HC Classic viewer

Windows 10 Media Player

Does the issue appear when playing your timeline, or only in rendered videos?
Both on timeline and rendered video

C - YOU WANT A QUICK ANSWER?

1. MediaInfo Report for your source footage

2. VEGAS Pro File Properties for your source footage
(see MediaInfo)

3. A Sample File
(see above)

4. Graphics Card Model
AMD Radeon HD 7000

5. Graphics Card Driver Version
Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
Driver Date: 11/4/2015
Driver Version 15.201.115.1008
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

6. Status of GPU acceleration of video processing
I tried both ON and OFF with same problem

7. Status of Enable Hardware Decoding for supported formats
If you are using VEGAS Pro 17 or later, and your media is AVC or HEVC, is
that setting ON or OFF, and which hardware decoder is being used? See
Options > Preferences > File I/O.

8. Project Properties
A screenshot of your Project Properties, like this:

9. Render Settings
If you have a rendering issue, what are your rendering settings? A
screenshot of your rendering Custom Settings window can help:10. More information about your PC

10. More information about your PC
Dell OptiPlex 790
Intel Core i3-2120
3.30 GHz
Service Tag: JGQD5V*
RAM 32.0 GB
E: DVD

Here is a different video of a pool showing nice bright blue colors for the water and sky. It is made from the same computer and same Movie Studio 17.

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 9/18/2022, 6:31 PM

@Rick-Shaddock Your link has been removed as it also throws up a Security Warning with my browser.

The upload button mentioned by Musicvid can be found here

Rick-Shaddock wrote on 9/23/2022, 6:51 AM

EricLNZ wrote on 9/18/2022, 6:31 PM
@Rick-Shaddock 
>Your link has been removed 

------
@Rick-Shaddock 
>Please don't double post. Continue in your original post >https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/video-of-pool-is-turquoise-grey-not-bright-blue--137260/

>We are still waiting for you to provide the info requested in Musicvid's link. It's needed if we are to find the cause of your problem.

Your 9/18/2022 said "Your link has been removed", which I thought explained why I was receiving no helpful answers after several days. So on 9/22 I had to post again. I have provided the info in Musicvid's link by editing my original post.

EricLNZ wrote on 9/23/2022, 6:23 PM

Also there is no SONY Vegas Movie Studio 17 Build 178. Sony haven't been involved since version 13. From where did you obtain yours?

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/sony-vegas-vs-vegas--119881/

EricLNZ wrote on 9/23/2022, 6:54 PM

@Rick-Shaddock From your images you are obviously using MPC-HC in which case the information in its File\Properties\MediaInfo tab is the same as what is provided by the MediaInfo app so you don't need to download it.

Rick-Shaddock wrote on 9/25/2022, 3:05 PM

I updated my original post (above) with the requested MediaInfo and specifications. Thanks.

EricLNZ wrote on 9/25/2022, 7:58 PM

Hmmm, 'wmv' files. My only suggestion is try converting your source files to mp4 using Handbrake (free download). Or as an alternative there's Shutter Encoder, another free download, which has been recommended a few times recently.

Rick-Shaddock wrote on 9/27/2022, 3:27 PM

The same thing happens with the MP4, which I converted to WMV to try to solve the problem but it was just the same.

EricLNZ wrote on 9/27/2022, 6:45 PM

Weird. Looking at your timeline you have a copy of part of the clip on Track 2 at 00.44.26. What is the purpose of that and does it have any FX applied or opacity reduced? If you temporarily mute that track does your preview change?

Rick-Shaddock wrote on 9/28/2022, 5:54 AM

Good observation, however the preview is showing just before 00.45 where the Track 2 clip starts, and it does not change or improve once it starts. I added to my original post a view of another video I made of a pool which has bright blue colors.

DMT3 wrote on 9/28/2022, 8:23 AM

Does it only affect that event or does it affect the whole track? Are the videos on the other tracks okay? It has to some effect applied that isn't showing, maybe a track effect.

vkmast wrote on 9/30/2022, 4:21 AM

Some comments in this thread include political content (see Terms and Conditions) and insults (see CR #1). They have been hidden.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/terms-and-conditions/ Contents, Use: --- With its Service MAGIX does not intend to provide a platform for political activities of any kind. Therefore it is not permitted to present content of a political nature---