Video preview question Pro 19 trial

EfGe wrote on 5/15/2022, 3:33 AM

If I shuffle (drag and drop) through my timeline, it is handled differently than when I do so with the trimmer. How can I have both working the same way, the way the trimmer works? Else if feels like I am slowly dragging through mud or something which annoys me, I am sure it works for others, just not for me.

Comments

Jack S wrote on 5/15/2022, 4:45 AM

@EfGe I presume by 'shuffle', you mean 'scrub'. Refer to the image below. Grab the timeline cursor here (green arrow) to scrub slowly. Grab it here (red arrow) to scrub it normally.

My system
Dell XPS 8700 (I know, it's a little outdated)
Windows 10 Home (x64)
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5-4440
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti display adapter
System drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

EfGe wrote on 5/15/2022, 4:48 AM

@EfGe I presume by 'shuffle', you mean 'scrub'. Refer to the image below. Grab the timeline cursor here (green arrow) to scrub slowly. Grab it here (red arrow) to scrub it normally.

Thank you. Any way to have both of them work the normal way?

Jack S wrote on 5/15/2022, 5:02 AM

@EfGe I don't think so. I think it's intended that you have the option of coarse scrubbing or fine scrubbing.

My system
Dell XPS 8700 (I know, it's a little outdated)
Windows 10 Home (x64)
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5-4440
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti display adapter
System drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

EfGe wrote on 5/15/2022, 5:16 AM

@EfGe I don't think so. I think it's intended that you have the option of coarse scrubbing or fine scrubbing.

I see. I liked how I could have it on Studio 17 the normal way. It would be nice to have the option. The way my brain is "wired" it really annoys me. Oh well. Thank you again.

vkmast wrote on 5/15/2022, 5:35 AM

@EfGe you may want to compare some of your settings in VMSP and VP in Options | Preferences | General..

jetdv wrote on 5/15/2022, 7:23 AM

I see. I liked how I could have it on Studio 17 the normal way. It would be nice to have the option.

@EfGe Define "normal". For me, I never grab the cursor to scrub. When I do happen to accidentally grab the cursor handle and it start scrubbing really slowly with audio, it annoys me! So, to me, normal is the "fast scrub". If I need to fine-tune, I use the arrow keys.

EfGe wrote on 5/16/2022, 8:39 AM

I see. I liked how I could have it on Studio 17 the normal way. It would be nice to have the option.

@EfGe Define "normal". For me, I never grab the cursor to scrub. When I do happen to accidentally grab the cursor handle and it start scrubbing really slowly with audio, it annoys me! So, to me, normal is the "fast scrub". If I need to fine-tune, I use the arrow keys.

First of all, when I started this thread I didn't use the word normal, I only did after it was mentioned as normal. With which I have no problem as long as we know what we are talking about.

Second, WE ARE SAYING THE SAME THING. The fast scrub is what I prefer too.

Third, even if we were saying/liking different way of doing this, why would you feel the need to mention it? I don't get it. If it worked the way you wanted, why do you mind me changing it to the way I want it? How does that affect you? Which it wouldn't anyway as any option would be for my installation, plus we are saying the same thing.

Meh.

EfGe wrote on 5/16/2022, 8:48 AM

@EfGe you may want to compare some of your settings in VMSP and VP in Options | Preferences | General..

Yeah, the Pro 19 has a few extra options, but otherwise everything else is the same and ticked/clear the same.

It looks like I am going to have to learn to avoid touching the playhead. Thanks for your suggestion.

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 9:47 AM

@EfGe I don't see the difference between the Trimmer scrub & choosing the line below the head on the timeline which you marked as a Solution, so I'm curious as to what is regarded as 'normal',

BTW you accepted that term in your second comment, so jetdv using it is perfectly legit & typing in capitols is classed as SHOUTING, uncalled for as a response to a fair question.

EfGe wrote on 5/16/2022, 9:53 AM

@EfGe I don't see the difference between the Trimmer scrub & choosing the line below the head on the timeline which you marked as a Solution, so I'm curious as to what is regarded as 'normal',

BTW you accepted that term in your second comment, so jetdv using it is perfectly legit & typing in capitols is classed as SHOUTING, uncalled for as a response to a fair question.

Is this a joke?

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 9:57 AM

@EfGe No, jedtv asked what you classed as normal, your first comment/post seemed clear & you marked the first reply as the Solution, but your second comment was 'Any way to have both of them work the normal way?' you haven't said ? & in his comment he was also only sharing his own experience & actually agreeing with you so your outburst was uncalled for,

EfGe wrote on 5/16/2022, 10:17 AM

@EfGe No, jedtv asked what you classed as normal, your first comment/post seemed clear & you marked the first reply as the Solution, but your second comment was 'Any way to have both of them work the normal way?' you haven't said ? & in his comment he was also only sharing his own experience & actually agreeing with you so your outburst was uncalled for,

I am finding it really hard not to treat your replies as trolling.

To my original question (starting this thread), I did not use the word normal. The reply I got from Jack S used the word normally. for what I was asking for the playhead to act like, as in Studio 17. So from then on I started using the word normal to make it easier to explain what I wanted. All was going fine, till jedTV out of nowhere and without having anything to add to the actual subject of the thread, asked why would I even call it normal and how what he prefers (which is the exact thing that I prefer) should be the "normal" way. Which is what I and before me Jack S mentioned as "normal". So jedTV asked me why do I even call what he considers as normal, normal.

Mind boggling to say the least. I replied to him that we were saying the same thing and out of nowhere you come and ask me why did I SHOUT as jedTV's question was a fair question...

So you better be trolling.

Or I am having a stroke.

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 10:25 AM

@EfGe Ridiculous, simple question but you still can't answer it, suite yourself.

EfGe wrote on 5/16/2022, 10:27 AM

@EfGe Ridiculous, simple question but you still can't answer it, suite yourself.

ok you are just trolling, goodbye.

jetdv wrote on 5/16/2022, 3:08 PM

I was seriously asking what you considered "normal" based on this response by you. Based on what you previously said, I thought you wanted the "playhead" drag option as "normal". I was stating that I wanted the "quick" drag option as "normal". Turns out we both agree but I did not initially understand that.

So what defines "normal"? It was a serious question - not sure why you took it the way you did...

EfGe wrote on 5/16/2022, 5:11 PM

I was seriously asking what you considered "normal" based on this response by you. Based on what you previously said, I thought you wanted the "playhead" drag option as "normal". I was stating that I wanted the "quick" drag option as "normal". Turns out we both agree but I did not initially understand that.

So what defines "normal"? It was a serious question - not sure why you took it the way you did...

I didn't define it as normal. I mentioned it as the way the scrub (shuffle by fault) in the trimmer works as the way I prefer it and then because Jack S used the word normally for that way, I continued using the word normal to continue the conversation without explaining every single time what it was. Which worked fine between us.

But for some reason some people take that as the reason for the great schism between eastern and western Christianity.

ffs

fr0sty wrote on 5/16/2022, 5:44 PM

You were asked to clarify what you were referring to by "normal". That's it. There is no need to take offense to that, and no need to be rude to fellow forum users for asking you to clarify what you meant by something you said. Respecting fellow community members is a key tenet of our community standards. I'll remind you that you must follow the community standards in order to post here.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Radeon VII + Radeon Pro VII

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

EfGe wrote on 5/29/2022, 4:01 AM

You were asked to clarify what you were referring to by "normal". That's it. There is no need to take offense to that, and no need to be rude to fellow forum users for asking you to clarify what you meant by something you said. Respecting fellow community members is a key tenet of our community standards. I'll remind you that you must follow the community standards in order to post here.

Yet you have no problem with the rude behavior of the other user towards me.

Ok.