Comments

vkmast wrote on 8/9/2016, 1:18 AM
Try the reset like they did here and there.
Chienworks wrote on 8/10/2016, 6:42 PM
Way easier: drag the thick line that divides the media generator and preview window to the left. Done.
vkmast wrote on 8/10/2016, 7:35 PM
>>>Way easier: drag the thick line that divides the media generator and preview window to the left. Done.<<<

Indeed it would be if the OP had the Platinum version, where you can resize and rearrange.
Unfortunately, if the OP has the basic Movie Studio 13 as he says (and his screenshot confirms), it does not allow that. See the SCS comparison table and several previous threads on the subject. Some of them are linked in my post above. It's the same in MS Platinum 13 Simple Edit mode.

Slaysion wrote on 8/11/2016, 2:31 AM
Thank you very much it worked. Thumbs ^
UKharrie wrote on 8/11/2016, 8:28 AM
Versions:
It's a tad annoying that "The same thing" is available in subtly different guises.

If you buy a car... it's Model L, or XL and then XXL and the Top-of-the-Range is the Deluxe ( All other varients included)

What Brands shold not do is have a software version 99 which is then further sub-set without making this clear . . . It would be permissible to use v.99, v.99-X, v.99Y, etc. so each variant is clearly identified. The Box-Contents should make the conformality clear at the point of purchase [. i.e. not in text less than 3mm high.]

Terms like "New, Plus, Extra" are far too indistinct and make me very suspicious that they are the very same thing sold at different prices, with only small adjustments to the box contents, if any.

We see such confusion in VHS-transfer software that came as Software and then they realised they could rip folks off by adding a $1 lead and adding $10 to the retail price. Anyone checking the box might think the extra weight was worthwhile, but later discovered they've been had.

I fail to understand why SMS is available in minor variants, ( highlighted earlier in this Thread ), which just add confusion to Users, esp. as the Help-file then has to cover both versions.
If the basic version is a worthy product then it should have 99% functionality at least in the normal-uses . . . One might suggest that imported file-types ( Esp. in "Pro-versions" ) should be limited, due to licencing costs . . . . but that "Other-Files" should be available by purchasing a suitable CODEC ( is that it? ). . . . The same might apply to those Mac-only file-types.

BTW Magix is no better in this regard, having several confusing version of what appears to be the same thing - until you try to use it..

The 'Blah' on many boxes never quite appears to match consumer expectations, but then, I was easily misled - So now I don't purchase.
vkmast wrote on 8/11/2016, 8:56 AM
Google "(market) segmentation". How it succeeds is another matter.
I agree that the basic Movie Studio should dropped now that the MS Platinum has both Simple and Advanced Edit modes and even assume that's what MAGIX will do.
There'll always be customers of course though who look at the price and not the comparison tables.