What is Vegas Edit?

robbif2 wrote on 8/24/2021, 8:01 AM

Can't find a category for this. Sorry. I posted the following over on Magix and got sent back here...

robbif wrote on 8/22/2021, 4:10 PM

I'm a Vegas Movie Studio 17, Vegas Pro 18, and Vegas Pro 19 (the latter 2 via the great recent twofer deal) customer.
I don't see Vegas Edit in any category here or anywhere.
What is Vegas Edit and why am I getting this?

I just received this email (part redacted)...

Subject: VEGAS Edit 19 is finally there!
The brand new VEGAS Edit has arrived!
Just click on the download link below and follow the instructions to start using VEGAS Edit right away. Then, enter your serial number when prompted.
 Best regards,
Your VEGAS Edit team
VEGAS Edit
Serial number:
XX-XX-XXX-etc
Program download:
https://dl03.magix.net/vegasedit19_dlm_t75zhr.exe
Keyboard Commands (PDF):
https://dl03.vegascreativesoftware.com/keyboard_commands_vp19_en_t75zhr.pdf
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Plug-in installation guide:
https://rdir.magix.net/?page=5YQITYYJA8PT

Comments

set wrote on 8/24/2021, 8:34 AM

It is explained here:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-edit/

Previously called Vegas Pro EDIT version. - only difference in the add-ons, but, the main application of VEGAS Pro is the same.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

robbif2 wrote on 8/25/2021, 12:57 PM

@set Thanks. I'll admit I never heard of Vegas Pro Edit or Vegas Edit, and after the recent Magix upset, I was afraid it was another bait & switch. No knowing that, I can try to expand on my question... Since I'm a new Vegas Pro 18+19 customer, why am I getting a download of Vegas Edit when what I want is Vegas Pro? Does Vegas Edit include Vegas Pro?

vkmast wrote on 8/25/2021, 1:04 PM

Please see @set's screenshot above.

robbif2 wrote on 8/25/2021, 1:23 PM

@vkmast, thank you and @set my apologies for missing your obvious answer!
"BLUSH"!

robbif2 wrote on 8/29/2021, 6:07 PM

For those of you thinking or planning to move from VMS17 Platinum to Pro 18 or Pro 19, which I did, I asked the question if all 3 will co-reside and was assured they would at least in two topics. We'll in my first brief use of Pro 18 and Pro 19, I see that they both picked up my VMS17P MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 custom Render Templates. So (a) What if I delete or modify templates, will that affect the other two editors? and (b) What else might they affect/clobber? So I'm not sure they are isolated from one another.  

EricLNZ wrote on 8/29/2021, 6:31 PM

@robbif2 I've no experience with Vegas Pro but with Movie Studio versions the only item I have found that they share is custom render templates. These are in your User\AppData\Roaming\Vegas\Render Templates. This folder also contains your Favorites settings. That's the templates you have "starred" as favorites. If whilst using VMS16 I modify a render template then when I open VMS17 the template appears with the modification.

I don't know how it works with Pro versions and between Pro and VMS. But from your experience it appears they share.

So to answer your questions:

(a) Yes it will affect them
(b) To my knowledge there is nothing else that is shared that could affect/clobber but it would be helpful if this could be clarified. @VEGASDerek

EricLNZ wrote on 8/29/2021, 11:33 PM

@robbif2 I've also just remembered that with VMS any OFX custom presets you create are available to all versions of VMS. They are stored in your Users\User Name\Documents\OFX Presets folder.

VEGASDerek wrote on 8/30/2021, 7:59 AM

Besides the two items Eric has mentioned, I am not aware of anything else that should "conflict" between the two products. I have Movie Studio (both Platinum and Basic) 13 through 17 currently installed on my system along with VEGAS 13 through 19 installed...and they all live happily together.

robbif2 wrote on 8/30/2021, 8:04 AM

@EricLNZ So I assume that does mean any one of the editors could modify or delete any of the presets the other ones use. I wonder if I could create unique Presets folders for each editor and point to them in a Preference.
I suppose I could create 1 folder for each editor with temporary names and a DOS batch file that copies or renames the folder to OFX Presets for the particular editor about to start.

EricLNZ wrote on 8/30/2021, 6:14 PM

@robbif2 I'm puzzled as to why you need different versions of a preset for different VMS versions. But anyway I would adopt an easier method to your suggestion.

When you create a preset include in its name the version it is for. For example XXXXX(16) and XXXXX(17). With each VMS version both presets will appear and you simply select the one you wish to use which is applicable to the version you have open.

robbif2 wrote on 9/1/2021, 12:38 PM

@EricLNZ First, thinking worst case, what if I deleted a post while in Pro, and went back to VMS to find it gone?

I know, I know, it's still me using both!

Second, good (now obvious) suggestion for naming presents. I already create a certain Bump Map preset tailored for each band I record, and name each one after the band.

Also, I'm glad my data backup script includes those presets.

EDIT: DoctorZen pointed out that also, "Render templates are shared in the Windows Users "Roaming" folder".

EricLNZ wrote on 9/1/2021, 6:40 PM

EDIT: DoctorZen pointed out that also, "Render templates are shared in the Windows Users "Roaming" folder".

Yes, as mentioned six posts up. Note it's your User \AppData\ Roaming folder.