Zdepth chain

Roger Bansemer wrote on 8/27/2023, 8:04 AM

Here's something I struggled with for a while and I thought I'd pass it on. When I add Z depth to my event I cannot add any other events to the chain. They simply won't show up. The solution is to add any events to the chain such as defocus before adding the Z depth. You need to add Zdepth last.

Comments

jetdv wrote on 8/27/2023, 1:08 PM

Not seeing this. I just started a new project, added a video event, added z-Depth to that event. Then I went and added another effect to that event. Then I went and added three more effects to that event. They all showed up fine.

BTW, this is in the wrong category - it should be under "Video" - "VEGAS Effects" is for questions about the program - VEGAS Effects included with some versions of VEGAS.

Roger Bansemer wrote on 8/27/2023, 1:25 PM

Glad it works for you. Here's a short video from my end where the plugin just doesn't take. I must be doing something wrong.

frmax wrote on 8/27/2023, 4:35 PM

@Roger Bansemer Tried it and like JetDV had no problems.

@jetdv why Vegas Effects?? Screen seems to be Vegas Pro, I don´t see Z-Depth as option in the effects-list of Vegas Effects.

I9900K, RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, 512Mb M2, 1TB SSD, VEGAS Pro 14-20 (Post), Magix ProX, HitfilmPro
AMD 5900, RTX 3090 TI, 64GB RAM, 1 TB M2 SSD, 4 TB HD, VP 21 Post

Monitor LG 32UN880; Camera Sony FDR-AX53; Photo Canon EOS, Samsung S22 Ultra

Adis-a wrote on 8/27/2023, 5:16 PM

Double-click it!

Or after you click Defocus (selecting it), click Add first - then OK.

jetdv wrote on 8/28/2023, 7:49 AM

@Roger Bansemer, I looks like you did not double-click the new effect which means it was never added to the chain at the top of the window so clicking on OK would not add it. However, that part of the window was off the screen so was only going by sound.

@frmax the original post was made under the "VEGAS Effects" category which is for the VEGAS Effects program - not effects used in VEGAS. I know, it's confusing...

Roger Bansemer wrote on 8/28/2023, 9:04 AM

You're right. I thought I double clicked and I've been double clicking for a decade now. My mind just skipped a beat I guess. Thanks for everyones posts. And I won't use the effects forum again. Sorry.

vkmast wrote on 8/28/2023, 10:14 AM

@Roger Bansemer no worries, this happens all the time. I was off the forum for the weekend due to computer issues and when I came back today I think I moved a couple others as well.

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/28/2023, 10:19 AM

@Roger Bansemer You kidding? Use and ask as much as you want my friend lol