Activation of new purchase

huskereurocat wrote on 8/25/2016, 3:18 PM

I purchased MSP13 last night and cannot activate the product. I was asked for my phone number and told that someone would get back to me in 2-3 business days. Something about not having access to Sony's activation database at this time. I have the activation S/N from the confirmation email that was sent to me, but what I need to know is what do I need to do in order to get this thing activated? 

I type in my S/N and click submit and I keep getting a popup box that is asking me to purchase the software. I already did.

Help!!!!

Comments

Eagle Six wrote on 8/25/2016, 5:28 PM

Not meaning to nib in here......Magix/Sony support.....I think he needs a 'machine ID' as promtped by the registration screen and his purchase did not include the 'machine ID' just the serial number.  husker, please correct me if I'm wrong.  This may be information helpful to get your registration complete and the program working as you paid for it.

System Specs......
Corsair Obsidian Series 450D ATX Mid Tower
Asus X99-A II LGA 2011-v3, Intel X99 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.1/3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6800K 15M Broadwell-E, 6 core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 (overclocked 20%)
64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 8GB Video Card
Corsair RMx Series RM750X 740W 80 Plus Gold power pack
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 boot drive
Corsair Neutron XT 2.5 480GB SATA III SSD - video work drive
Western Digitial 1TB 7200 RPM SATA - video work drive
Western Digital Black 6TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Bb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 data drive

Bluray Disc burner drive
2x 1080p monitors
Microsoft Window 10 Pro
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 pb2
SVP13, MVP15, MVP16, SMSP13, MVMS15, MVMSP15, MVMSP16

jordan-b wrote on 8/25/2016, 7:41 PM

I have the same issue with Movie Studio 13. Tells me that the trial is expired even after inputting the serial number I just purchased. Tried a clean reinstall but it still didn't work. Hoping somebody will get an answer soon as I'd hate to be out $50. I also opened a support ticket with them so if I get any relevant information I'll be sure to share it here.

huskereurocat wrote on 8/25/2016, 9:16 PM

I have the same issue with Movie Studio 13. Tells me that the trial is expired even after inputting the serial number I just purchased. Tried a clean reinstall but it still didn't work. Hoping somebody will get an answer soon as I'd hate to be out $50. I also opened a support ticket with them so if I get any relevant information I'll be sure to share it here.

Thanks and I will do the same since I have a ticket in with them as well. Talked to Magix on the phone and they took my number and told me that someone would get back to me in 2-3 business days. I hope they are right.

jordan-b wrote on 8/26/2016, 3:55 PM

Magix support gave me these steps and it worked like a charm. Good luck!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Magix Support.

To resolve this issue, please do the following:

Close the program if it is running.

WARNING: The next step will require you to make changes in the Windows Registry. The Registry is a very sensitive area to work in. If you are not comfortable with advanced configuration and system changes, ask an administrator to help you with this. (Related Topics: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us)

Next, open the Registry Editor. To do this on Windows, press the Windows key and R together on your keyboard. In the window that appears, type REGEDIT and press Enter. If prompted, allow the program to make changes to your computer.

In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > Movie Studio > 13.0 > License

Right-click the License folder ONLY and select Delete. If prompted, confirm you wish to delete the folder.

Once the folder has been deleted, close the Registry Editor.

Launch the program again.  You should be prompted to enter your serial number.

huskereurocat wrote on 8/26/2016, 10:58 PM

Thanks for sharing your findings! It worked here as well and I'm happy, happy, happy!

Yairr wrote on 8/27/2016, 4:27 AM

Thanks jordan-b! 😊 After editing the registry I was able to fill my serial number.

NickHope wrote on 8/30/2016, 9:33 AM

The solution posted by jordan-b has also been shown to also work for Vegas Pro and DVD Architect.

As an example, for Vegas Pro 13 you would delete the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > Vegas Pro > 13.0 > License

And for DVD Architect 5.2, you would delete the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > DVD Architect Pro > 5.2 > License

Slipslack wrote on 9/7/2016, 6:21 PM

Good tip to remember. Thanks for sharing.

MrFimblewaters wrote on 9/10/2016, 1:54 PM

I have been having the same issue, I went through the steps and when it prompts me to enter the serial number I do and it says I should have one starting with "1st" so I add the 1st and it still says invalid. Anyone else in this thread have this same issue?

geoffrey-d wrote on 9/12/2016, 11:26 PM

Thanks Nick  Job done Cheers.

micromano wrote on 9/16/2016, 2:59 PM

jordan-b, thanks man.

I searched everywhere for help in installing Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum after I kept having problems. I greatly appreciate you posting these details. This solution (e.g. deleting the "License" folder in the registry) worked for me.

preston-s wrote on 9/26/2016, 5:04 PM

So Movie Studio deleted itself, and I don't know what to do to get it back. When I tried installing the software, I got some Microsoft thing started.

What do I do?

dave-turner wrote on 10/1/2016, 10:28 PM

Much the same problem as everyone else in this thread.  Bought Movie Studio 13 (Not pro or platinum) from the Sony online store a couple years ago.  a couple days ago it started locking up when I tried to "Make movie". After fighting with it for a couple hours I came up with the genius plan of reinstalling.   Enter the "Your trial has expired" Pop up.  I have the original Email from sony with an "Authorization code".  If I log into Sonys websight they give me a "Serial Number".  According to the "Enter your Serial Number" Pop up (Also the Magix Software registration Page), my code is invalid.  I tried deleting the License folder in Regedit and it just put me back at the "Enter your serial number" pop up.  Any help that can be provided will be appritiated! (windows 7 computer if thats in any way relivant)

Thanks in advance!

vkmast wrote on 10/2/2016, 8:39 AM

dave-turner, was your renistall the SCS or MAGIX version?

The SCS version of MS 13 is this

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/de/download/link?id=9511.2

If the license folder deletion workaround does not work and the old advice here

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/registering-dvd-architect-after-trial-expired--74307/#ca425979

is not available/valid any more, try MAGIX Vegas Support.

If any of the above is of no help, I'd cut my losses and wait for an "upgrade" offer. If MAGIX VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum 14 will keep Sony MSP 13 features and maybe even adds some features, it will be a much better option for you than a Movie Studio.

dave-turner wrote on 10/2/2016, 9:45 AM

The first  reinstall was an old SCS install I had stored for just such a use. then I tried the "Latest upgrade" from Sony, Before discovering that MAGIX now owned Movie Studio.  The License deletion didnt work for me, Ill read over the old advice you linked to me and see how that does! 

Thanks for the advice and the links! Ill keep my fingers crossed!

dairyn wrote on 10/29/2016, 1:22 PM

Magix support gave me these steps and it worked like a charm. Good luck!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Magix Support.

To resolve this issue, please do the following:

Close the program if it is running.

WARNING: The next step will require you to make changes in the Windows Registry. The Registry is a very sensitive area to work in. If you are not comfortable with advanced configuration and system changes, ask an administrator to help you with this. (Related Topics: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us)

Next, open the Registry Editor. To do this on Windows, press the Windows key and R together on your keyboard. In the window that appears, type REGEDIT and press Enter. If prompted, allow the program to make changes to your computer.

In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > Movie Studio > 13.0 > License

Right-click the License folder ONLY and select Delete. If prompted, confirm you wish to delete the folder.

Once the folder has been deleted, close the Registry Editor.

Launch the program again.  You should be prompted to enter your serial number.

What if in the registry editor none of those things popped up?

samantha-vanbevers wrote on 11/5/2016, 3:38 PM

Perfect Jordan B!

degimedia wrote on 1/15/2017, 12:59 PM

I have this problem every time I want to uninstall / reinstall. This should be fixed customers shouldn't have to be making registry edits.

lach wrote on 1/31/2017, 7:04 AM

I have this problem every time I want to uninstall / reinstall. This should be fixed customers shouldn't have to be making registry edits.

Exactly!

D7K wrote on 2/1/2017, 12:26 PM

I am now using 14 Vegas, but wanted to do something in MS13 and I get the message to input serial number, so I do, it the suite and it starts with ST1, but the install says it starts with SZ1. What is going on, I still have the email with the correct number. I notice also that MS13 Pre suite is not listed in my Magix programs. Anyone got an answer?

vkmast wrote on 2/2/2017, 5:32 AM

D7K, Movie Studio 13 Suite is registered on the Magix "My Account" as Platinum, at least mine is. If you don't have that either, try to register manually. I think there were some threads on the old SCS forum about 1ST vs 1SZ, but I could not find a relevant one. 1ST is of course the beginning of the MS 13 Platinum/Suite S/N. 1SZ is for the basic version, i.e. Movie Studio 13.

m2016 wrote on 2/8/2017, 11:39 AM

1SZ = Movie Studio 13

1ST = Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Movie Studio 13 Suite contains MS13 Platinum, so the serialnumber also starts with 1ST

jhugard wrote on 2/9/2017, 8:36 PM

@jordan-bThanks!  Fixed my installation issue.

jhugard wrote on 2/9/2017, 8:37 PM

TOTALLY agree.  Unacceptable.

Good thing I'm quite Windows savvy (i.e., a software engineer).