BCC Primatte Studio Watermarked, Despite Purchase

Kempson wrote on 6/11/2024, 9:33 AM

I purchased Vegas Pro Post 21. BCC Primatte Studio was included in the purchase (through Continuum FX, which I don't entirely understand but whatever). Primatte Studio works in Vegas Pro:

-- but is WATERMARKED in Vegas Effects:

I went through the activation process several times, but no matter how many times it is "successful," the watermark persists in Effects. Any ideas/support?

Comments

vkmast wrote on 6/11/2024, 9:51 AM

You actually seem to find that the VEGAS Effects software which comes with the VP Post purchase is watermarked (not Primatte Studio as you mention in the thread title)?

Kempson wrote on 6/11/2024, 9:55 AM

You actually seem to find that the VEGAS Effects software which comes with the VP Post purchase is watermarked (not Primatte Studio as you mention in the thread title)?

BCC Primatte Studio is a plug-in that comes with VP Post, not its own program. The plug-in works with Vegas Pro, but it shows a watermark when used in Vegas Effects.

vkmast wrote on 6/11/2024, 10:26 AM

Not sure if the Boris plug-in works without a watermark in VEGAS Effects

From https://vfx.borisfx.com/vegas20primatte : "8. Once installed your effects will be available in the video effects tab in VEGAS Pro". maybe someone can confirm or deny if this is the reason.

MikeS wrote on 6/11/2024, 6:45 PM

I rather suspect that the version of Primatte you receive in the bundle is locked to work only with Vegas Pro 21.

Not sure I'd worry about it too much. Vegas Effects is not a supported host for Primatte, and even if you do manage to somehow activate it you'll find it is far from useable since it is missing a visible, interactive hud* which makes anything beyond autoanalysing the background pure guess work

* And the hud available for it in Vegas Pro is much more limited than the one available in eg After Effects; I've been hoping that BorisFX increased focus on Vegas, as evidence by the vegas-specific iteration of Mocha Pro, might be seen in some of the other Continuum OFX, including Primatte, but no sign of that so far.

Vegas Post 21 Build 315
Boris FX Continuum for OFX 2024.5 Build 17.5.0.336
Boris FX Mocha Pro Plug-in 2024 v11.0.2 Build 32
Windows 10 Pro - 64-Bit
ASUS PRIME Z390-P motherboard
Intel Core i7-97000K @ 3.6GHz
RAM 32GB (2x 16GB) 2666MHz DDR4
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Gid wrote on 6/11/2024, 7:06 PM

Not sure I'd worry about it too much. Vegas Effects is not a supported host for Primatte, and even if you do manage to somehow activate it you'll find it is far from useable since it is missing a visible, interactive hud* which makes anything beyond autoanalysing the background pure guess work

@MikeS Glad you mentioned that, I tried Primatte in Vegas Effects & as you say it was pretty much unusable but I have VP Post 19, (I'm currently using VP21 Edit, I didn't need the Suite as I have the full Boris Suite + NB Total FX & wasn't impressed by VE, I had/have Hitfilm, I somehow doubt much has changed since with VE)

* And the hud available for it in Vegas Pro is much more limited than the one available in eg After Effects; I

& yes, agreed, I had After Effects for a while..

Vegas Pro 21
Vegas Pro/Post 19
Boris Continuum & Sapphire, 
Silhouette Standalone + Plugin, 
Mocha Pro Standalone + Plugin, 
Boris Optics,
NewBlue TotalFX
Desktop PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 64-Bit
ASUS PRO WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX 3.5GHz 32 Core
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT 360mm All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler
RAM 256GB ( 8x Micron 32GB (1x 32GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM )
2x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB M.2-2280 SSD, 7000MB/s Read, 5100MB/s Write
(programs on one, project files on the other)
Graphics MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU
ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Semi-Modular 80+ Platinum PSU 
Fractal Design Define 7 XL Dark TG Case with 3 Fans
Dell SE3223Q 31.5 Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Monitor, 60Hz, & an Acer 24" monitor.

At the moment my filming is done with a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G & a GoPro11

I've been a Joiner/Carpenter for 40yrs, apprentice trained time served, I don't have an apprentice of my own so to share my knowledge I put videos on YouTube.

YouTube videos - https://www.youtube.com/c/Gidjoiner

Lots of work photos on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/gid.joiner/photos_albums

Kempson wrote on 6/12/2024, 10:45 AM

Thank you, everyone, for responding to my post. I suppose it was only meant for Vegas Pro. It's annoying, but at least I know I wasn't being denied access because of a glitch.