Error 14 from software purchaced at Best buy. There is no POS number

Jay-SMith wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:10 PM

I need info on how to install and use this product with error code (14) on Movie Studio 15. Purchased at best buy and they do not take returns on software. I just want to use the software I purchased. However, if i cant, I need to know how to return. Does anyone have a customer support phone number where I might be able to talk to a rep. ? USA on Windows

Comments

vkmast wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:21 PM

Please try Online Live Chat, advice here section 6 and see if they are able to help. The Chat is on at the moment.

VEGASDerek wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:23 PM

You are getting an error while trying to register Movie Studio 15? Or something else? You posted this in the CD-Architect section which cannot possibly be correct since CD-Architect has not been sold very a very long time and is not something that was ever developed by MAGIX at the time Movie Studio 15 was released.

vkmast wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:26 PM

The topic moved. The OP should note that "If you purchased the software from a retail location, you will need to visit the shop again to solve the problem" in case you want a refund..

Jay-SMith wrote on 3/19/2021, 2:54 PM

There was no other option for Movie Studio 15, So the closest option for movie studio was the Architect from the scroll down option.

After installing the full software from the CD, it prompts to provide a serial number in the jacket of the CD case, which I did. Then the "error 14" message appears.

I purchased at Best Buy and they do not take returns on opened software, they do not have any POS scan abilities that would activate this software. I spoke with several managers who provided me a Magix support phone number that also wouldn't accept the serial number.

I didn't purchase this software to just return. I obviously would like to use it. I just need to activate it or if magix could provide me with a workable download version, that would be perfectly fine. I can provide receipts and also store manager from Best Buy wrote return policy and provided contact info, I would be more than willing to provide. At this point, I'm beyond frustrated and just want to use this product or a refund.

Thanks everyone

vkmast wrote on 3/19/2021, 3:17 PM

Did you notice these?