Getting a weird error when creating Blu-Ray image

realhelp wrote on 1/14/2014, 5:38 PM
Hi --

I just upgraded to Vegas Pro 12 and downloaded the latest version. When attempting to create a Blu-Ray image ("Render Image Only" option), it is failing and giving the following error:

Filename:
Status: MUXComp:Validating error. --- Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - Could not find file 'V:\Vegas'..

Has anyone seen this before? What is causing it, and why is Vegas trying to access a website tempuri.org that I've never heard of? Why does Vegas even need web access at all to render a video that's on my hard drive?

Thanks!

Comments

Adam QA SCS wrote on 1/14/2014, 6:29 PM
Realhelp,

Please provide more information so that I can possibly help you. What kind of file do you have on the timeline, MXF, MP4, etc.? What is the format of your project and your media? What settings are you choosing for your "Render parameters"?

I ask these questions because I was successful in creating a Blu-Ray image. However, I may be doing something different than you in my "Render parameters" options and my media may be a different format.

Also, please update your system information while you are at it. It is currently blank. This will not only possibly help me out, but other people who use this forum.

Thanks,

Adam
realhelp wrote on 1/14/2014, 7:55 PM
Hi Adam --

Here's some info:

1. There are two files on the timeline - one is an m2t file that I recorded on my Canon XH-A1 HDV camera. The other is a 48K/24-bit WAV file. The video is of a local band concert.

2. Vegas Pro 11 seems to still be working fine (I haven't tried it yet with this exact program material, but just recently rendered another concert that was shot exactly the same way).

3. My computer system is a bit nonstandard, it is a Mac Pro 8-core Xeon which is running WIndows 7. 4 GB RAM and a total of 5 TB of disc space. Yes, it's true - I have been using Vegas Pro on a Mac for several years now - I do the audio in Pro Tools running Mac OS, but very much prefer Vegas for the video editing vs. Premier or Final Cut. Vegas is much more intuitive and much easier to use to get professional results than the Mac-based video editors, IMO. BTW, Vegas Pro 10 and 11 work just fine on this machine.

I'm using the "Burn Disc -> Blu-Ray Disc" command in the Tools menu. The only choices I'm selecting are "Render Image Only" and "Render Loop Region Only", the rest are unchecked. Everything else is set to default:

Video Format: Sony AVC/MVC
Template: Blu-Ray 1440x1080-60i, 8 Mbps
Audio: Sony Wave64
48000Hz / 16-bit / stereo PCM

Note that my temp directory is set to V:/Vegas Temp in my preferences.

Two things to notice about the error message I'm getting:

1. It's complaining about going to a website that doesn't seem to exist, and
2. It's also complaining that it's not finding a file in my temp directory.

Any help you can provide would be really appreciated. I need to get this disc burned by Friday - If I can't get this working I will have to reload all of the files and re-sync and re-edit everything using Vegas Pro 11, which will take me several hours, not to mention that I will then be annoyed that I upgraded to VP 12 and can't use it!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

DiDequ wrote on 1/15/2014, 3:37 AM
Hello.
You can try reencoding your sound file with vegas and it's Ac3 encoder !
And replace it in DVDArchitectPro.

Your computer is a bit non standard ? No, it is only made by Apple.
As long as you can boot Windows, you have a PC.
There is no standard PC !
Vegas not running on your Mac Pro 8-core Xeon under WIndows would be abnormal.

Didier.
Adam QA SCS wrote on 1/15/2014, 5:12 PM
Realhelp,

I still was not able to repro this. I didn't have a XH-A1 clip to use, but I tried it with a couple of Canon XH-G1 and XL-H1 clips. I don't think not having a XH-A1 clip would make the difference. I put one of the clips on the timeline with a .wav file and again I was able to successfully create an .iso.

Maybe you can provide the XH-A1 and .wav files you're using and possibly the .veg file that you have created. Users on this forum have used Dropbox and other options like Dropbox to post these files. Maybe if I had these files, I would be able to recreate your issue.

Thanks,

Adam
videoITguy wrote on 1/15/2014, 5:21 PM
The HDV output of a working Canon XHA1 would not be a suspect in any issues with editing in VegasPro and creating Blu-ray output. Many editors including myself have used successfully for last 7 years. In fact the output of any prosumer Canon model camera is perfect with the SCS products and the appropriate workflow of edit to disc....
Sony_Nate wrote on 1/16/2014, 2:37 PM
Hi Realhelp,

I inherited responsibility for the bdmux code a little while back and I think I can shed some light on your two questions:

1) The tempuri.org entry is a FAKE website that is used everywhere xsd is used in software/webpages. It is not a real website and is never attempted to be accessed.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempuri

2) From the error message you get my guess that internally the bdmux generation code is attempting to use a file in your temp path without properly quoting it, so it is accessing "V:\Vegas" as the path rather than including the rest of name after the space. Give a try to setting the path to V:\Vegas_Temp or V:\VegasTemp and, though I haven't tested it, I'd bet that it works afterward.

Let me know if this helps,

Nate
Arthur.S wrote on 1/17/2014, 9:11 AM
Yes, I've used footage from an XH-A1 for years without problem. I've never gone to BD from the TL, but output a compatible file from Vegas to DVDA. A couple of things noticed from your template. Why such a LOW bitrate? That's DVD quality isn't it? And why SonyWav 64 audio?

Video Format: Sony AVC/MVC
Template: Blu-Ray 1440x1080-60i, 8 Mbps
Audio: Sony Wave64
48000Hz / 16-bit / stereo PCM
RyanFilms wrote on 5/15/2019, 3:51 PM
Hi Realhelp,

I inherited responsibility for the bdmux code a little while back and I think I can shed some light on your two questions:

1) The tempuri.org entry is a FAKE website that is used everywhere xsd is used in software/webpages. It is not a real website and is never attempted to be accessed.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempuri

2) From the error message you get my guess that internally the bdmux generation code is attempting to use a file in your temp path without properly quoting it, so it is accessing "V:\Vegas" as the path rather than including the rest of name after the space. Give a try to setting the path to V:\Vegas_Temp or V:\VegasTemp and, though I haven't tested it, I'd bet that it works afterward.

Let me know if this helps,

Nate

Thanks Nate,

I just did a google search on the error I got on a new install of DVD Architect and found this thread from 5years ago. The temp path had a space in it and was causing this error. Problem solved for me.

Ryan

walter-i. wrote on 6/10/2020, 11:04 AM

@VEGASDerek
I just had the same problem with the space in the Temp-folder label.
However, the "restored.veg" and "autosave.veg" (folder name with spaces) were always saved in this folder without any problems.

Perhaps you could program this - also for this function - so that spaces are allowed.

Function: Burn BluRay Disc Image - Vegas Edit 17, Build 452

Error message:

Jan-Loubser wrote on 6/6/2022, 4:59 AM

Hi

I am getting this error on Movie studio 15 when I try to render a movie to create a Blu-ray movie

Filename: 
Status: MUXComp:Validating error. --- Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - Could not find file 'C:\Users\christie\AppData\Local\Movie'..

I uninstalled Movie studio and re-installed it again but still getting the same error. This only started about 3 days ago, before that I had no problems rendering a Blu-ray movie

Could someone please tell me what to do

Thanks

Jan

vkmast wrote on 6/6/2022, 5:31 AM

@Jan-Loubser please see if there is any help to be found in this thread: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/muxcomp-validating-error-schema--117016/

Jan-Loubser wrote on 6/6/2022, 8:18 AM

I changed my folder from Movie Studio Platinum to just Movie and that seems to do the trick and I were able to create the image file(.iso) . Some where there is a setting that points to a folder 'Movies" and I have to find it and change it to the default Movie Studio Platinum .