Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 8/27/2016, 2:34 AM

Are you having a problem?  My MS12 Platinum 64 bit version installed on Windows 10 without any problems.

Dr Zen wrote on 8/27/2016, 3:08 AM

If you upgraded your computer from Windows 7 or 8 to 10, you need to re-install all your Sony programs to make them work properly. The W10 upgrade process doesn't do a very good job at re-installing programs.
First thing you could try is to just reset the program by doing this:
Hold down the CTRL + SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete all Cached Application Data and then press Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If that does not work, un-install programs, re-boot computer, then re-install programs.

*p.s this thread should have been posted in the Vegas Movie Studio forum, not News forum.

jamie-p wrote on 8/27/2016, 1:03 PM

Have already uninstalled, reinstalledsoftware.  Upon starting, the softwarestarts to load,gets 3/4 of the way through, then a window opens syaing an update is necesssary, I click the link, it downloads the update, it installs then redirects to the Vegas upgrade page where I can cheerfully shell out 50bucks to upgrade to Vegas Movie 13.

jamie-p wrote on 8/27/2016, 1:03 PM

Have already uninstalled, reinstalledsoftware.  Upon starting, the softwarestarts to load,gets 3/4 of the way through, then a window opens syaing an update is necesssary, I click the link, it downloads the update, it installs then redirects to the Vegas upgrade page where I can cheerfully shell out 50bucks to upgrade to Vegas Movie 13.

jamie-p wrote on 8/27/2016, 4:13 PM

Have you tried to start the program in comptability mode Windows 7 and as Administrator?

Still get this message:

Problem Description
   Application Name:    Movie Studio Platinum
   Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 1184) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
   Fault Address:       0x00000000682CCCF9
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000682CCCF9

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
   Process Version:     Version 12.0 (Build 1184)
   Process Description: File I/O surrogate (not visible)
   Process Image Date:  2013-08-21 (Wed Aug 21) 17:26:36

jamie-p wrote on 8/27/2016, 4:17 PM

If you upgraded your computer from Windows 7 or 8 to 10, you need to re-install all your Sony programs to make them work properly. The W10 upgrade process doesn't do a very good job at re-installing programs.
First thing you could try is to just reset the program by doing this:
Hold down the CTRL + SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete all Cached Application Data and then press Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If that does not work, un-install programs, re-boot computer, then re-install programs.

*p.s this thread should have been posted in the Vegas Movie Studio forum, not News forum.

Didn't know what category to post in.  Have tried all suggestions and stiill get:

Problem Description
   Application Name:    Movie Studio Platinum
   Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 1184) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
   Fault Address:       0x00000000682CCCF9
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000682CCCF9

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
   Process Version:     Version 12.0 (Build 1184)
   Process Description: File I/O surrogate (not visible)
   Process Image Date:  2013-08-21 (Wed Aug 21) 17:26:36

Dr Zen wrote on 8/28/2016, 12:14 AM

I just Google Searched "Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe"

There is a BIG stack of results for this error.
I clicked on the first result which ended back up on this forum.
It appears your problem may have sometihng to do with Apple Quicktime.
Read this thread:
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/will-not-start--95390/

scott-leslie wrote on 9/3/2016, 5:29 PM

I upgraded to Windows 10 about 6 months ago.  For the most part, the SMS 12 Platinum reinstalled ok in that it works, but it crashes about 50%-60% of the time when I attempt to play back my video I am creating.  A message will pop up stating "Sony Movie Studio Platinum has stopped working".  When I select "ok" it shuts down.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, adjusted the GPU acceleration and Dynamic RAM preview as suggested on the MAJIX website, and reset the software as noted above.  Not sure if it is a Windows 10 issue or not.  Is there a patch or is there a separate fix?

Thanks...

scott-leslie wrote on 9/3/2016, 5:32 PM

Here are the details from the problem report page:

Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 334) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\moviestudioplatinum120k.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00000001800175C4
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000000175C4

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\MovieStudioPlatinum120.exe
   Process Version:     Version 12.0 (Build 334) 64-bit
   Process Description: Movie Studio Platinum

vkmast wrote on 9/3/2016, 6:39 PM

scott-leslie, build 334 was an early MSP 12 build and quite a few bug fixes came with the later builds.

See if the last build would help. It's "moviestudiope12.0.896_64bit..exe" here

http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/

scott-leslie wrote on 9/3/2016, 8:00 PM

Thanks.  I found the file and gave it a try and didn't have any luck.  Same problem.  One odd thing is that an older file that I made three years ago works flawlessly.  Not sure what the issue is with these current files.  Everything seems the same.  It just randomly stops working at times when hitting the play button.

NickHope wrote on 9/3/2016, 10:48 PM

I have ... adjusted the GPU acceleration and Dynamic RAM preview as suggested on the MAJIX website

I can't find those instructions. Does anyone have a link?

vkmast wrote on 9/4/2016, 1:53 AM

scott-leslie may mean this page in the SCS KB

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5098

Did he try a reset?

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2744

Something at least worth reading may be here

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/unmanaged-exception-0xc0000005-vp11--89826/

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/unmanaged-exception-0xc0000005-crashing--102822/

NickHope wrote on 9/4/2016, 2:01 AM

Thanks vkmast. I remember a time 2 or 3 versions ago when a lot of Vegas Pro users were benefitting by setting Dynamic RAM preview to 0, and that "Troubleshooting Crashing" page was written around that time. However I think that situation has changed with the last couple of versions and it's generally better to leave it at the default setting (which is 200MB in my case). Always worth a try though, if all else fails.

scott-leslie wrote on 9/4/2016, 2:04 PM

vkmast,

Yes, you're correct regarding the GPU acceleration and Dyamic RAM as well as resetting the software.  I read your link regarding the guy who recommended updating video drivers and tweaking regedit.  I can give that a try.  I might forgo messing with the regedit given the potential problems that might happen if I mess something up.  I'm definitely not a computer geek.  :-)  Since odler completed files work fine, I thought about just deleting the file and starting over.  It's not like I've really done much to it.  I've only brought them in and done a little bit to them.

Thanks again for all of your help.

graham-hale wrote on 9/10/2016, 6:49 PM

There was a Update but its been removed and the stupid redirect the file is still there but as a FTP file and you need to no which one as there are loads.

This is a discrace that they can just stop product support but its what i acpect from Magix

FireStorm wrote on 9/26/2016, 3:53 PM

I'm not too sure if this has been covered yet, but I had Movie Studio 11 on Windows 10.  It crashed randomly a lot and what fixed everything for me is, always setting it to 'Run As Administrator" in the properties.  Even if your account is an admin, the program is not.  Anyway, it worked flawlessly for me after that.  Good luck!

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 9/27/2016, 6:41 PM

Try renaming the quicktime plug in temporarily to see if the app will start afterward. 

Navigate to:

32 bit version:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\

64 bit version:  C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 12.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\

Rename the qt7plug.dll to qt7plug.old

Restart The program. 

This will disable reading MOV files during the time the plug in renamed.