i want to cancel my VEGAS PRO 18 monthly subscription

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/27/2022, 8:57 AM

I have tried for 3 days to cancel my Vegas Pro 18 monthly subscription. But ALL were unsuccessful. Then after cancelling Vegas Pro 18 monthly subscription, I want to get a monthly Vegas Pro 19 subscription. I have tried to upgrade my subscription of Vegas Pro 18, but it was futile. Help!!!!!

Comments

vkmast wrote on 1/27/2022, 11:19 AM

Cancellation conditions quoted here

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-365--124877/#ca777081

@wally-stall5348

john-brown wrote on 1/27/2022, 5:19 PM

@wally-stall5348

I'm a little lost here. As far as I know, there is no Vegas Pro 18 or 19 subscription, only a subscription for Vegas 365. When a new version comes out, you get it; it's part of your subscription. That is what you pay for. What am I missing here?

Vegas Pro 18 Edit, Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, Magix Video Pro X16, Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2024, Xara Designer Pro X19, Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, Music Maker 2025 Premium, SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4, Sound Forge Pro 16 and more.

vkmast wrote on 1/27/2022, 5:38 PM

As stated in the quoted conditions: "The contractual period of VEGAS Pro 365 will be automatically extended by one month at a time until you cancel the agreement.

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/27/2022, 6:39 PM

The problem is every time I go to Vegas Pro 18 it tells me there's a major update. I press to get the major update and after the update is loaded it takes you to BUY Vegas pro-19. Meanwhile I cannot activate Vegas pro18 half or more of the features and plugins don't work. when I access most of the plugins it says I have been deactivated

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/27/2022, 6:59 PM

any help to get the upgrade to work if not ill just void the 365 contract. I had to buy Vegas pro 18 I love it and I know that Vegas Pro 19 will be great but with 365 it's telling me to buy Vegas pro-19 every time I download the upgrade when I access Vegas pro-18. Magix help is worthless they never respond to anything when you ask questions. But any help on this would be wonderful I'm grateful that you are responding.

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/28/2022, 6:02 PM

Looks like Im going to have to tell my credit card company to stop payment on my 365 monthly bill. Magix customer service sucks

john-brown wrote on 1/29/2022, 8:03 AM

@wally-stall5348

Magix customer service sucks

Why do you say that? Did you actually raise a ticket with Magix and ask them?

Click on Support at the top of the forum and follow it through to the end, always selecting Ask Support. Do everything it asks or you don't get to the end.

Did you at least read what is indicated under Support about a Subscription and how to get the latest version?

If that doesn't work, tell Magix that it doesn't and why and ask them how to get Vegas Pro 19 under your subscription.

John CB

Last changed by john-brown on 1/29/2022, 8:06 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Vegas Pro 18 Edit, Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, Magix Video Pro X16, Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2024, Xara Designer Pro X19, Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, Music Maker 2025 Premium, SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4, Sound Forge Pro 16 and more.

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/29/2022, 10:41 AM

@wally-stall5348

Click on Support at the top of the forum and follow it through to the end, always selecting Ask Support. Do everything it asks or you don't get to the end.

Did you at least read what is indicated under Support about a Subscription and how to get the latest version?

If that doesn't work, tell Magix that it doesn't and why and ask them how to get Vegas Pro 19 under your subscription.

John CB

Yes, I did and all 6 of their suggestions don't work I just want my 365 account and plugins and rendering features to work. There trying but nothing works.

Wally Stall

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/29/2022, 10:45 AM

@wally-stall5348

John CB

yes, I read how to get the latest version of 365 but magix always leads you back to buying the latest version. I thought that in a 365 subscription you always get the latest version but that's NOT true. You have to buy the latest version no matter if you have a 365 subscription or not

Wally Stall

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/29/2022, 10:51 AM

@wally-stall5348

John CB

I have asked Magix how to get the latest version of 365 subscription You have to buy, if you want to go from Vegas Pro 18 to Vegas Pro 19. You have to buy Vegas pro 19 even If I have a 365 subscription. Any upgrade from Vegas Pro 18 to Vegas pro 19 requires a registration number in order to get that you need to buy Vegas pro 19 VERY misleading 365 subscription. If I'm wrong, then the Magix response needs to correct me and get my subscription corrected

Wally Stall

vkmast wrote on 1/29/2022, 11:26 AM

"For subscription users, you can use the software for as long as you have an active subscription. When the subscription runs out, so does your right to use the software." 

As mentioned also in this thread, "If you have a subscription, you should be able to download, install and activate VP19 with your subscription serial number."

Don't know why this does not work with your active subscription.

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/29/2022, 1:44 PM

"For subscription users, you can use the software for as long as you have an active subscription. When the subscription runs out, so does your right to use the software." 

As mentioned also in this thread, "If you have a subscription, you should be able to download, install and activate VP19 with your subscription serial number."

What you said is untrue. You can download the upgrade from VP 18 but to go to VP 19 you have to purchase that. NO matter if you have a 365 subscription like i do or not. I have a 365 subscription I bought monthly 6 months ago. There is on the 365 a major update and that major update is VP 19. to get the major update that is VP 19 i have to buy VP 19. Meanwhile on the older 365 VP 18 almost ALL of the features are deactivated and do NOT work. I just want my old 365 to work like it did for 6 months. And the suggestions that MAGIX is giving me all points to I have to buy VP 19. So I am going to have to void the contract with my 365 and find another software that will work. YUKE adobe here I come.

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/29/2022, 1:46 PM

vkmast...... not to be mean but most of your no really all of your threads and suggestions don't work

vkmast wrote on 1/29/2022, 2:10 PM

Not to be mean either, but please see VEGASDerek here (quoted above as well). That's how it works for me anyway.

(Are you sure that your subscription (365/18) was not discontinued?)

wally-stall5348 wrote on 1/29/2022, 2:46 PM

Not to be mean either, but please see VEGASDerek here (quoted above as well). That's how it works for me anyway.

(Are you sure that your subscription (365/18) was not discontinued?)

yes, I have a valid 365 subscription, this is ridicules I think I'll just BUY VEGAS pro 19 and void the 365. There's to many pitfalls on the 365 subscription. It worked for about 6 months great but to go any further I think this is the only way to go since NO answers from MAGIX work. All there suggestions go back to purchasing VEGAS PRO 19. Just like your suggestions they don't work. I know your trying to help but you're not. But thanks for trying.

vkmast wrote on 1/29/2022, 3:54 PM

Interestingly, this is still stated in "Purchasing details" in the website's online shop.

Have you tried to cancel your subscription by sending an email stating your order/customer number to infoservice@magix.net ?

And what does your MAGIX Account > My products show ?

john-brown wrote on 2/1/2022, 6:40 PM

@wally-stall5348

It would have been good of you to have come back here to indicate that your problems were all of your doing and were resolved, by the Vegas team. You have a subscription with a different email address than the one you were trying to use, that is all. We would have discovered this if you had indicated the error code as you did in the other thread.

Do not create two accounts at Magix. If you change your email account, change it also in your account with Magix and use that email address, once changed with Magix, for the programs.