My problems with Movie Studio 14 Pl build 105

Cornico wrote on 2/21/2017, 3:39 AM

I found some shortcomings/bugs on build 105

1. Sometime the software won’t start and is hanging or crashing on “Create windows”.

I did send a few crashreports.

2. AVCHD files from my Panasonic won’t load. Error message to much audio channels.

The same files load in all other versions and a vf from version 13 loads perfect with all those files. In that vf from 13 opened in 14 also will load all the used files again from the explorer, but not other ones with exactly the same properties.

3. Not possible to make advanced or customized settings in “Make Movie”.

The bottom of the window is missing or hidden.

4. Multitrack problems. For only two tracks I’m able to choose “Create Multitrack”. With 3 or more tracks that option is not available.

For these  problems I have made a ticket Ticket#2017021917002272

Comments

Marco. wrote on 2/21/2017, 3:52 AM

For your crashing problems - do you have Ignite Plug-ins installed and - if yes - which version?

Marco. wrote on 2/21/2017, 4:21 AM

Unfortunately, not really. I had same problem first but I found an older Ignite 1.1 demo version caused the crash during VMS14 start. Deinstalling Ignite helped in my case.

Marco. wrote on 2/21/2017, 4:56 AM

When sending crash reports be sure not just using the "Send" button but creating a dump file by clicking "Send" while holding "Strg+Shift" and sending this dump file separately, just liked described in this post.

Marco. wrote on 2/21/2017, 5:05 AM

"3. Not possible to make advanced or customized settings in “Make Movie”."

I see what you mean in your screenrecording. The Render button is missing on your system. It's available on mine, though.

Do you have modified the font display size in your Windows system settings?

Marco. wrote on 2/21/2017, 5:14 AM

For your multicam problem: You first have to select "Create Multicam-Track". And this again only works if you selected the involved video tracks only, without the audio tracks.

pioneer109 wrote on 2/23/2017, 10:13 AM

Cornico.  I am experiencing the same problem as you mine is set at 125%.  Can you elaborate on how to manually address this please? My eyes are also nearly 70 years old 🤓 

Thinking about this, surely its up to Magix to address this issue rather that the user.  John

VEGASDerek wrote on 2/23/2017, 4:32 PM

We have reproduced the issue with the render dialog here. We will work on a fix for this. In the short term, you can, in most cases, use the enter key to engage the render and close the dialog, or hit escape to cancel out of it.

Markk655 wrote on 2/24/2017, 9:52 PM

Cornico, I have m2ts files from a Panasonic HDC-SD1 (5.1 audio). Dragging the file from the Vegas Explorer window yields the following error message, "The file xxxxxxx.m2ts could not be opened.  The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)." I get the same error message in projects that are 2 channels or 5.1. It is worth noting that since VMS 9-13 those files never imported perfectly into the timeline with stereo audio as one channel audio always appeared to be much higher than the other. It had been reported as a bug back then. They worked fine being dragged into 5.1 projects (through VMS13). Now they don't work at all.

@Marco. and @VEGASDerek - please contact me if you want a sample to test or any other information. Happy to help!

Markk655 wrote on 2/25/2017, 10:57 AM

@Cornico Nice workaround! I have VMS 12. I can confirm that the workaround works with v12 as well.

tim-frost wrote on 3/3/2017, 3:54 AM

Thanks MAgixDerek. Yup hitting enter is fine as fix for the moment

tex wrote on 3/9/2017, 4:56 PM
4. Multitrack problems. For only two tracks I’m able to choose “Create Multitrack”. With 3 or more tracks that option is not available.

1.Select all video tracks you want. (Ctrl+select video tracks)

2.Select: Tools>Multicamera>Create Multicamera tracks

Cornico wrote on 3/9/2017, 5:22 PM

**** cleared this issue already the next day by telling this function in the Studio version is only available with a maximum of 4 tracks (Video and/or Audio)

OneBuckFilms wrote on 3/22/2017, 3:32 PM

We have reproduced the issue with the render dialog here. We will work on a fix for this.

👍👍

Did anyone give an ETA on a fix?

3POINT wrote on 5/3/2017, 5:52 AM

Active take information is still hardly readable or better said still unreadable....how long do we have to wait now...?

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2017, 6:11 AM

Hi guys, where have you found this build. I cannot find any notification of it and MS14 net notify still says 105 is the latest?

3POINT wrote on 5/3/2017, 6:15 AM

The did not say to fix it but to put it on (a?) to-do list.

What's the difference?

vkmast wrote on 5/3/2017, 6:18 AM

The[y] did not say to fix it but to put it on (a?) to-do list.

I guess we'll have to wait for that as well till v 15 as they "hope to provide a few different options for the interface color/brightness of Vegas 15. (These options will not be available yet in Movie Studio 14.)" I think I will.

3POINT wrote on 5/3/2017, 6:32 AM

The[y] did not say to fix it but to put it on (a?) to-do list.

I guess we'll have to wait for that as well till v 15 as they "hope to provide a few different options for the interface color/brightness of Vegas 15. (These options will not be available yet in Movie Studio 14.)" I think I will.

I´m not asking for a customizable interface color/brightness option, I just wanna be able to read the active take information, as I was able to read it in all other MS versions before! I cannot imagine that it is a big effort to change the color of a text string from light grey to black.

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2017, 6:42 AM

The same goes for the ruler times along the top of the timeline. They are dark grey against dark, dark grey and difficult to see. And it's still hard to see whether an icon is selected or not. Maybe the guys who design the UI have cat's nightime vision!

vkmast wrote on 5/3/2017, 6:44 AM

@3Point, as Cornico said, "No idea, maybe they can tell you" about that as well. The PO did say in another comment that "I wish that such fixes were as "simple" as you suggest." As for the GUI, it's my personal problem, I'm glad it's not yours. I agree very much with EricLNZ's comment above.

VEGASDerek wrote on 5/3/2017, 11:57 AM

I'm afraid a fix for the various timeline contrast issues was not able to make it into the code before this update. It is near the top of our list for the next update.

For vkmast...I understand the pain with not having the adjustable interface. Due to the complexity of this improvement, it is very unlikely we will be able to put it into an update for VMS 14. We are currently still working on it for Vegas at the moment and it will likely take us up to the release of Vegas 15 before it is really complete. When it is complete, it can be turned on for VMS 15 as we develop that product release.

vkmast wrote on 5/3/2017, 12:07 PM

Your clarification is very much appreciated, Derek. That's what I've understood from your previous comments as well. Thank you. You just may have motivated me to get MVMSP 14 to support the development for my small part even if I might never use that version.

3POINT wrote on 5/3/2017, 12:28 PM

I'm afraid a fix for the various timeline contrast issues was not able to make it into the code before this update. It is near the top of our list for the next update.

I understand that there are/were more bugs that have/had more priority to be fixed first, but when one of the most important new improvements of VMS14, the new darker GUI is not well working, I'm a little bit sceptical about what is really new in VMS14.