Online connection error

Candi-B wrote on 11/13/2021, 4:12 PM

I have Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Version 14 build 91. My OS is Windows10. When I installed the program I had no issues creating videos. I hadn't installed the DVD Architect yet, I was trying to upload to Facebook and had issues. I thought it was my inexperience. Now I can't even start the program without getting the error "An online connection could not be established....". I've done everything to make sure my firewall was set to accept anything from them. Also I've made sure my internet is setup correctly too. I've scoured the web for any help and have done so many things that they've suggested to no avail. I'm at my wits end. I really love my Vegas Movie Studio, it's my second buy. I bought a new computer and had to buy this version. It just makes me sick to think of going to another software and I'm really hoping someone has an answer to this issue. Any help will be so appreciated.

Candi

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 11/13/2021, 8:17 PM

Try a "Factory Reset" when trying to start. Instructions here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

It applies to VMS as well as VP. Make sure you tick the box to clear the cache.

Candi-B wrote on 11/14/2021, 7:17 PM

Hi EricLNZ, thank you for replying to my issue. I tried EVERYTHING that was suggested in that link. Nothing worked. I never get to the "splash" screen, now it goes straight to a dialog box "Activate with serial number....", I enter my information and then it goes straight back to the original error message "An online connection could not be established.....". I read on another blog to "deactivate" your device and then "reactivate" it. I deactivated it and it's still not allowing me a online connection. I even thought about purchasing the Version 18 software, I saw you could try it as a "trial". NO luck there either.... "MAGIX installation manager, An error had occurred during communication. Please check your internet connection...." My internet is set up fine. I'm just shaking my head. I thought I could contact MAGIX customer care but it sends me to this forum. I again would appreciate any help anyone could give me. Right now I feel like throwing it in the garbage. So sad!

EricLNZ wrote on 11/14/2021, 8:04 PM

MS18 is not a Vegas product anyway.

Search this forum for internet connection problems. It could just be something interfering. What security do you use e.g. MS Defender?

vkmast wrote on 11/15/2021, 3:44 AM

Please note also that both https://www.magix.info/us/support/ and (for VEGAS products) https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/support/ have the "Ask Support" option. Click that and proceed as advised e.g. here.

Candi-B wrote on 11/15/2021, 9:13 AM

Thank you for replying EricLNZ and vkmast. My security is Webroot. And boy have I spent the hours scouring this forum for internet connection problems. My next question is could it be an issue between using Chrome or Microsoft Edge? I was able to download a trial of Vegas Pro Version 19 using a link someone on the forum had for bypassing Chrome and using Edge. But needless to say I'm getting pretty burned out with all of this, I'm going to try vkmast's suggestion and see if the "Support" can get this straightened out. It's all just so confusing and exhausting. Thank you to both of you!