Comments

RogerS wrote on 10/3/2021, 9:33 PM

Why is this tagged audio?

Anyway, scroll to the top and click support. Don't come to the forum but rather to file a support request.

Ask support/find a solution; technical problems; Vegas Pro; search for other solutions; type anything; scroll to bottom and "send a support request"

There's also real-time chat but only at certain times of day.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD and 2TB Samsung 980 Pro cache drive, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208
VEGAS Pro 22.93

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

vkmast wrote on 10/4/2021, 4:46 AM

"Online Live Chat" is mainly for "pre-sales and registration help", but I guess you could always ask there as well.

VEGAS Support > Ask Support and proceed as advised above.

john-brown wrote on 10/4/2021, 9:51 AM

@Gregory-Hastings

I don't understand how this can be so hard. Just do what is indicated on the pages.

• Click on Support at the top of the forum
  • Click on Ask Support
  • Select a category like Technical Problems
  • Select the program - Vegas Pro
  • Look at whatever is proposed. If nothing for you -
  • Click on Search for other Solutions
  • Type in your problem in the box - this will be the subject of your ticket so put something useful here.
  • Click on Find a solution
  • Look at whatever is proposed. If nothing for you -
  • Click on SEND A SUPPORT REQUEST
  • This is the screen for your ticket - note that the Subject was already entered. If you did not put in something useful as I indicated above, then do so. Then, Describe your problem and add an attachment if you have one.
  • Click on Continue

The rest should be obvious.

Vegas needs to know which product and that you have at least looked at the FAQ's before submitting a ticket.

Vegas Pro 18 Edit, Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, Magix Video Pro X16, Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2024, Xara Designer Pro X19, Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, Music Maker 2025 Premium, SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4, Sound Forge Pro 16 and more.

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/4/2021, 12:13 PM

It's hard because it takes about 50 steps from the Magix.com/us/ home page....IF... you know where you are headed.

Clicking on "Support" will lead you round and around until you stumble on the forum I guess, it still isn't clear to me how you get there through the maze.

How about a website that has a button that says "Support", you click on that, and within about 2 more obvious steps you are there...like every other product I've dealt with in the last 41 years.

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/4/2021, 12:39 PM

Here is a video (in DropBox) I made of me wandering around trying to talk to tech support about a wav file corruption problem with Vegas Pro 19

https://www.dropbox.com/s/322ak9vxo5i9jxx/Magix%20Support%20Maze.mp4?dl=0

Never did get what I needed when making the video.

vkmast wrote on 10/4/2021, 1:03 PM

This is what I get when I follow the instructions given above for VEGAS Support.

It took less than 30 sec. Tip: "Click on Support at the top of the forum".

@Gregory-Hastings

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/4/2021, 1:30 PM

That's because you are already in the "Vegas Creative Software Support Community".

Try it from the "Vegas Pro Home Page" link in the HELP menu in Vegas.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/

That's an endless maze.

vkmast wrote on 10/4/2021, 1:59 PM

We thought you were here as well.

The home page for VEGAS software is https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/. Click there Support > Customer Support > Go to the FAQs page (under VEGAS FAQs) and you'll see https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/support/

From https://www.magix.com/us/ click VEGAS Software (under Portals) and you'll get to https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/

Your Help menu link takes me to a page that has the same Support > Customer Support option mentioned above.

@Gregory-Hastings

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/4/2021, 2:14 PM

Well, I ended up here to ask my initial question above, having failed to find an actual tech support portal from the link in the "Help" menu in Vegas Pro itself.

And the steps you just outlined lead me to the "FAQs page (under VEGAS FAQs)". That works, as you say.

But when you are trying to get to tech support, FAQs are not something that is of any interest, so you would not typically follow that link.

vkmast wrote on 10/4/2021, 2:20 PM

@Gregory-Hastings wrote​​​​​​

But when you are trying to get to tech support, FAQs are not something that is of any interest, so you would not typically follow that link.

I agree on that point.

rraud wrote on 10/5/2021, 9:33 AM

Here is a link to the Magix Support request instructions (cheat sheet) I posted on the Magix Sound Forge forum. It is basically the same procedure with Vegas Pro.

rraud, Sound Forge moderator

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/5/2021, 5:12 PM

Hi rraud,

Thanks for that info.

LOL, apparently Magix needs tech support to help customers get product tech support.

I see that the cheat sheet appears to be a "12 Step Program".

When I get to the point of submitting my request with tech support, do I start with..."Hi, my name is Greg, and I'm a Vegas Pro User" ? 😀

vkmast wrote on 10/6/2021, 4:51 AM

When I get to the point of submitting my request with tech support, do I start with..."Hi, my name is Greg, and I'm a Vegas Pro User" ?

Points 9 to 12 in @rraud's comment advise what you need to do.

john-brown wrote on 10/6/2021, 7:54 AM

@Gregory-Hastings

I gave you step-by-step instructions. Is there something wrong with them?

You have already logged in. You have already indicated a category and a product. So, Vegas will already know who you are, which program, and a category - obviously, no need to repeat. I told you to put in a subject that is useful.

What does Vegas not know? The actual version installed on your computer and what, exactly is your problem. You will then be asked for information about your system.

This is not rocket science.

Vegas Pro 18 Edit, Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, Magix Video Pro X16, Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2024, Xara Designer Pro X19, Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, Music Maker 2025 Premium, SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4, Sound Forge Pro 16 and more.

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/6/2021, 9:02 AM

It was a JOKE !

I was comparing us to alcoholics that enroll themselves into AA, a 12 step plan to recover from their addiction. Which starts with standing up in front of a small group and saying...."Hi, I'm Greg, and I'm an alcoholic."

We are putting up with a company that requires a secret decoder ring in order to find your way to their tech support.

And I'm dealing with tech support issues which are idiotic!

For 5 years I've been putting up with software that can't recognize a brand name optical drive, which every other piece of software on my computer has no problem with, including the BIOS! That isn't Rocket Surgery!

Now, after dropping over $200 in software and hardware upgrades to solve THAT problem (because Magix never did), I'm faced with this one...which is equally idiotic.

Wave files have been around for probably 30+ years!

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that music files are the single most commonly used file formats.on the planet. And wave files are arguably the simplest and easiest for editing software to deal with.

But Vegas, somehow, falls flat on it's face.

rraud wrote on 10/6/2021, 9:53 AM

I never had any problems with PCM <.wav> files since the audio only Vegas 1). and on multiple OS versions and PCs, starting with Win 98. The same with Sound Forge.

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/6/2021, 10:20 AM

Me neither, until now.

I'm trying to revert to Vegas Edit 13 (which is were I was until upgrading), just to see if it will play.

But Magix's server for the download program must be having problems. I'm only getting about 52Kbps.

I'll try again later.

j-v wrote on 10/6/2021, 11:13 AM

+1 also here in the Netherlands it is very, very slow. It takes more than an hour to install the first installationfile to make choices

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.81 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.81 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

gary-rebholz wrote on 10/6/2021, 12:12 PM

@Gregory-Hastings, I'm very sorry for the trouble you've had creating a ticket. I'ts something that's out of my hands, but I continue to beat the drum for improvement. In the meantime, I understand now that our guys have a ticket in their system with you. Please continue to work with them to see if they can help figure out what's going on with your WAV files.

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 10/6/2021, 12:31 PM

gary-rebhoz,

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I have received a response that my ticket is in works. No particular hurry. I'm not in a project right now.

Former user wrote on 11/15/2021, 5:37 PM

I'm with Gregory-Hastings, I've seen 'Create a support ticket' mentioned many times in the comments & to this day have never been able to work out how, all i see offered are solutions, click on one you get more solutions,

After reading the 12 lines of instructions John-Brown has written i now know & see the pic vkmast posted.

I bet many people just give up looking.

Monica-Eng wrote on 11/22/2021, 9:17 AM

I have had the same problem. Spent hours--when I should have been turning in my rendered audio--trying to figure out how to contact support. I almost gave up. This is THE worst customer support program I have ever experiences.

Mark-Stambaugh wrote on 11/19/2022, 12:40 PM

Looking at all the folks having the same problem I am and the complexity of the "fix" I think I need to break from 365 and look at another product. I want to edit not spend free time on a chat board.

Gregory-Hastings wrote on 11/19/2022, 2:53 PM

Just received an email notice about a comment related to something that was happening a year ago !

Seems like they still have the same lack of respect for their customers, and haven't fixed this issue.