Comments

Steve Grisetti wrote on 9/18/2013, 5:39 PM
Are you saying that when you use Render As to output a new video of your project, it is at a reduced quality? Which Render As template are you using?

And what are your source files? Are your project properties matched to your source footage?
vkmast wrote on 9/18/2013, 5:56 PM
From VPRo 12 online (F1) Help
Adjust the preview quality and resolution

Dan Sherman wrote on 9/18/2013, 6:05 PM
Usually use a customized template, but this time used the Internet HD 720p, Main Concept AVC/AAC mp 4 .avc.
As custom template is a variation thereof.
The preview window says Good (Half) when I click on render.
Dan Sherman wrote on 9/18/2013, 6:49 PM
So the preview window resolution setting has nothing at all to do with the render quality.
That right?
john_dennis wrote on 9/18/2013, 7:06 PM
That's right.

Only the settings in the render template.
Dan Sherman wrote on 9/19/2013, 6:44 PM
So it's is the preview window that shrinks to half size during rendering.
Before and after the preview window is filled.
And the render is according to the template settings, custom or off-the-rack.
What I'm racking my brain about is why the image in the preview window goes to half during render.
Been using Vegas Pro for more than ten years and never had that happen before Vegas Pro 12 build 714.
Must have hit a setting in error.
Anyway, renders are good, and that's what matters.
NormanPCN wrote on 9/19/2013, 10:02 PM
The status info at the bottom of the preview window lets you know what size Vegas is generating the video stream at. It also lists the size of the preview window. The size of the preview window is independent of the size of the rendered video stream.

Vegas only has a few video stream sizes. 1/4, 1/2 and full resolution of the project setting. "render as" is always full and the status info should show this.
Dan Sherman wrote on 9/20/2013, 7:50 AM
Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, as the preview window is only a reference.
Usually edit with a resolution setting of Preview (half).
But recently regardless of the render setting, the preview window always shrinks to half the size, but only during the render.

I'm curious why that would happen now, and not before.

I'm curious about a lot of other things too,... like what is my dog is thinking when he is lying on the floor, watching me edit?

Dan
Pete Ferg wrote on 9/20/2013, 7:20 PM
Yep. Rendered a project yesterday and noticed this behaviour, which is new.
musicvid10 wrote on 9/20/2013, 8:01 PM
It's saving CPU that is better utilized for rendering.
An option to disable preview during render would be even better, save for driving most users to the brink of insanity . . .
ushere wrote on 9/20/2013, 8:42 PM
like what is my dog is thinking when he is lying on the floor, watching me edit?

i know mine are bored sh*tless because they constantly yawn. mind you, with the majority of corporate work i do, i'm doing the same ;-)
Duncan H wrote on 9/21/2013, 3:26 AM
The dog is wondering why the heck you don't take him for a walk.

Chienworks wrote on 9/21/2013, 8:31 AM
My cats quite enjoy me sitting at the desktop or laptop all day as it provides them with a warm cozy lap. However, they are beginning to loathe my tablet because it usually ends up occupying the space where they would rather be.

What are they thinking? Hard to say, though i suspect a lot of it is speculation as to how soon the next meal may be forthcoming.