Comments

walter-i. wrote on 4/25/2021, 3:11 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/refunds--124768/#ca799257

JN- wrote on 4/25/2021, 3:13 PM

@Emil-FredriksenHelgesen To be honest I wouldn’t bother, last I heard they don’t know what to do with all the money they have, there overflowing with the green stuff. Things are going very well, tons of new customers.

OTOH theres this if you meant that you want a refund.

---------------------------------------------

VFR2CFR, Variable frame rate to Constant frame rate link to zip here.

Copies Video Converts Audio to AAC, link to zip here.

Convert 2 Lossless, link to ZIP here.

Convert Odd 2 Even (frame size), link to ZIP here

Benchmarking Continued thread + link to zip here

Codec Render Quality tables zip

---------------------------------------------

PC ... Corsair case, own build ...

CPU .. i9 9900K, iGpu UHD 630

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

Graphics card .. MSI RTX 2080 ti

Graphics driver .. latest studio

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

Graphics card … Laptop RTX 3080

Vdanny wrote on 4/25/2021, 10:45 PM

Hi,

Good luck. I requested one for version 18 and never got a response from Magix. Please let us know if you get anywhere.

walter-i. wrote on 4/26/2021, 2:31 AM

I am always surprised that there are any refund requests at all.
There is the possibility of testing the software free of charge for a month - and this is pointed out repeatedly and in detail, at least in this forum and on the purchase page.  
That should really provide a good basis for making a decision. 

Vdanny wrote on 4/26/2021, 2:47 AM

Hi @walter-i.,

That is a fair point, but even with some testing with the demo, you may miss an issue or incompatibility that didn't become initially apparent. This happened to me shortly after finishing the demo period and making a purchase. I immediately made a request to Magix for a refund on this occasion, as seemed possible under the terms and conditions. My request went unanswered.

vkmast wrote on 4/26/2021, 5:22 AM

Currently the chance of getting a refund may/will depend on from where you bought it and when. Two different "Terms and Conditions" as shown in walter-i's link above.

john-brown wrote on 4/26/2021, 6:57 AM

I immediately made a request to Magix for a refund on this occasion, as seemed possible under the terms and conditions. My request went unanswered.

@Vdanny

Hi,

How did you make the request? If you raise a ticket with Magix/Vegas, you will immediately receive a standard email reply with a ticket number. You can add more information by replying to this email. You can follow up by replying to this email.

If you did it some other way, then good luck.

Raising a ticket with Magix/Vegas requires clicking on the Support button at the top of this forum, looking at the screen, scrolling to the bottom, clicking on Ask Support, preferably providing the software by selecting it first, checking that there is not already a solution in the Frequently asked questions, answering a question that becomes the subject of your request, typing the text with pertinent details as to the problem, and clicking on "Submit Support Request."

If you click on Vegas in the image above, you'll first get a screen with FAQ's. Go through these to see if your question already has been answered. There is even a tutorial there about how to contact Support. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on "Ask Support."

It takes less than 30 seconds to get to this point unless your read everything, including typing in Refund.

Vegas Pro 18 Edit, Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, Magix Video Pro X16, Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2024, Xara Designer Pro X19, Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, Music Maker 2024 with Premium 2023, SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4, Sound Forge Pro 16 and more.

Vdanny wrote on 4/26/2021, 12:08 PM

Hi @john-brown,

I made my request as above, exactly as you have laid out. I have been a customer of Magix for over twenty years. As I stated, no response.

vkmast wrote on 4/26/2021, 12:34 PM

https://www.magix.com/int/terms-and-conditions/ - try emailing shop@magix.net

If https://www.magix.com/us/terms-and-conditions/ applies to your area, you may be out of luck, but try infoservice@magix.net

Unfortunately, the terms regarding refunds have changed recently.

@Vdanny

john-brown wrote on 4/26/2021, 12:59 PM

@Vdanny

Did you receive an automated email with a ticket number?

Vegas Pro 18 Edit, Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, Magix Video Pro X16, Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2024, Xara Designer Pro X19, Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, Music Maker 2024 with Premium 2023, SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4, Sound Forge Pro 16 and more.

walter-i. wrote on 4/26/2021, 2:11 PM

@Vdanny

Did you receive an automated email with a ticket number?

Have you checked your spam emails?

Vdanny wrote on 4/26/2021, 4:23 PM

Hi @walter-i., @vkmast, @john-brown,

Thank you so much for your assistance. I am really only surprised and disappointed, rather than upset, with their lack of response. I was issued a support ticket for my request and there was nothing in my Spam folder. I know they are there since I asked a question before my purchase and was given misinformation which was the reason I was seeking a refund. Years ago, I asked for and quickly and cordially received a refund for a version of PhotoStory. I did, however, purchase subsequent versions. This would, undoubtedly, been the same for Vegas. Thanks again for everyone's help.